ROM Hack [WIP] Fire Emblem Fates Randomizer

Bork_Bork

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think it should be something along the lines of A002. so delete every file that the troubleshooting bit says (i think its all.. not sure) that has A002 in its name

Thanks, fixed the problem. Question: What exactly does OP mean by the randomizer randomizes stats based on passes? What does OP mean by passes?

Junefenji

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Is anyone could help me?how should I view the content of the .bin file(which is extract from .bin.lz file in Fire Emblem Heros)?

Last edited by Junefenji,

JtheDuelist

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I followed this to the letter and when I boot it after NTR, the screen flashes green like it should, but a fresh file doesn't get the randomized effect... Am I doing something wrong?

EDIT 4: Sorry for venting- I finally got it to work this morning.

EDIT 5: Now I get arm11 crashes every time I reach Chapter 4 after randomizing.

Last edited by JtheDuelist,

SacredSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know how to fix the problem with the units not being randomized?, I got the green screen and started a new save but the units didn't randomize did I miss something lol.

IrishMelody

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finally got this running on my n2DS XL. Only issue now is that when units join me, they get reverted back to their vanilla class, but because the weapons are also randomized they can't use any of the weapons they spawn with. Ex. Chapter 5 the only unit who can fight is Corrin because all other units have unusable equipment.

Am I doing something wrong? Why do the Units revert back to Vanilla Classes when they join my Army?
In the first Chapter, Viewing the map, every unit is randomized, class and items alike. But when they join, they go back to being whatever class their supposed to be.

EDIT: In case this is important, I'm running Gay Fates with this randomizer and using every option except same-sex join requirement, with a 3 point roll in Passes.

Last edited by IrishMelody,

dawnbomb

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Finally got this running on my n2DS XL. Only issue now is that when units join me, they get reverted back to their vanilla class, but because the weapons are also randomized they can't use any of the weapons they spawn with. Ex. Chapter 5 the only unit who can fight is Corrin because all other units have unusable equipment.

Am I doing something wrong? Why do the Units revert back to Vanilla Classes when they join my Army?
In the first Chapter, Viewing the map, every unit is randomized, class and items alike. But when they join, they go back to being whatever class their supposed to be.

EDIT: In case this is important, I'm running Gay Fates with this randomizer and using every option except same-sex join requirement, with a 3 point roll in Passes.

then reverting is obviously not intended, it sounds like you didn't do it properly. you probably got the file for enemy / other ally units, but forgot the file for units that are the joined versions of those units.

Sederance

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I managed to randomize the files yet whenever i put them in my Patches folder it doesn't seem to work?. Am i placing them in the wrong folder? Ive tried both compressed and decompressed files hoping that lumas would game patch it.

IrishMelody

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
then reverting is obviously not intended,
That's..what I said

you probably got the file for enemy / other ally units, but forgot the file for units that are the joined versions of those units.

Any idea where these files are then? I followed the readme.txt word for word.

Last edited by IrishMelody,

IrishMelody

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Could still use some help here if anyone knows why this is happening.

dawnbomb

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
sorry, im...kinda lazy. but basically its because your not doing it right.

you could try using the roms with citra to test things faster. are you using hacking tool kit to remove and rebuild?

FYI, as opposed to my first post in this topic. you use hacking tool kit on a encrypted rom, do the randomizer changes on the files, then put it back together. it will still be encrypted. then you use kuriimu to decrypt the rom, and then pop it into citra to test.

IrishMelody

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry, im...kinda lazy. but basically its because your not doing it right.

you could try using the roms with citra to test things faster. are you using hacking tool kit to remove and rebuild?

FYI, as opposed to my first post in this topic. you use hacking tool kit on a encrypted rom, do the randomizer changes on the files, then put it back together. it will still be encrypted. then you use kuriimu to decrypt the rom, and then pop it into citra to test.

Telling me I'm not doing it right when I already know I'm not doing it right isn't helpful at all. I'm trying to figure out WHAT I'm doing wrong so I can fix it.

HaythamQuake

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hiya! I'm hoping someone can help me with this situation I've put myself in:
I've spent the last hour/hour and a half trying to figure out how to rebuild my current randomized playthrough because I'm playing Conquest and I have Hoshidan characters but they can't gain any supports (also Lucina is here replacing Anna). I realized I needed the Gay Fates hack. Finally I got everything to work and figured out how to use the .xml file. After a quick test, everyone had the items they came with, their stats and growths were exactly the same, everyone was replacing the person they were previously replacing, the skills they came with however were not the same. The only difference between the pre-gay hack run and the post-gay hack run (other than the inclusion of more supports) is everyone's (but Corrin) personal skill is different. I had two characters with Peri's personal skill and now both those characters have two completely different personal skills.
My question is is there a way to recreate the randomization with the .xml file so that each time the personal skill doesn't change to something else every time?
For example: After using the randomizer, I got Hinata replacing Silas and he got Peri's personal skill. After randomizing again with the .xml file, I got Hinata replacing Silas again in the exact way as before but now he has Mozu's skill (and I don't want that).

Last edited by HaythamQuake,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr