ROM Hack [WIP] Fire Emblem Fates Randomizer

thane98

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the chapter works when you delete the disposal, you can just delete the person files as well to prevent the reclasses. That should get you through the chapter at least.

Samantha007

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Canada
If the chapter works when you delete the disposal, you can just delete the person files as well to prevent the reclasses. That should get you through the chapter at least.
When I did this, the characters were still reclassed oddly enough. I made sure to delete every 006 file in the romfs.
However, Shura/Xander carried me through as he was able to use Siegfried. Though once the chapter was over, I still got Felicia instead of Charlotte, as she was the one present in the chapter.
The game just seems to hate when Charlotte is supposed to be on-screen or used instead of Felicia.
Try redumping and extractingg your files and then randomizing them again. Maybe the chapter 6 files got corrupted somehow. What version of the game are you using?
I'm using 0004000000179600, or a USA Conquest cart. If you're talking game version, it's the most recent. No DLC installed or anything of that nature, just Conquest.
I'm going to try redumping, extracting, and randomizing now. Will be back with the results.

As a side note, when I extract the game I have to do it as a CIA, and then extract the romfs from there. When I try to just get the Romfs with GodMode9 I get an error.
I've also been using the experimental randomization option of "change all appearances". Would that be causing issues?

Thank you both for your help and for being so patient with me.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I did this, the characters were still reclassed oddly enough. I made sure to delete every 006 file in the romfs.
However, Shura/Xander carried me through as he was able to use Siegfried. Though once the chapter was over, I still got Felicia instead of Charlotte, as she was the one present in the chapter.
The game just seems to hate when Charlotte is supposed to be on-screen or used instead of Felicia.

I'm using 0004000000179600, or a USA Conquest cart. If you're talking game version, it's the most recent. No DLC installed or anything of that nature, just Conquest.
I'm going to try redumping, extracting, and randomizing now. Will be back with the results.

As a side note, when I extract the game I have to do it as a CIA, and then extract the romfs from there. When I try to just get the Romfs with GodMode9 I get an error.
I've also been using the experimental randomization option of "change all appearances". Would that be causing issues?

Thank you both for your help and for being so patient with me.
By game version, I meant BR/CQ/Special Edition. I haven't tested the experimental randomization options. What you could do is have an extra set of files to test with and see if that experimental option is causing the issue or not, maybe try randomizing with the option off?

Reactions: Samantha007

Samantha007

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Canada
By game version, I meant BR/CQ/Special Edition. I haven't tested the experimental randomization options. What you could do is have an extra set of files to test with and see if that experimental option is causing the issue or not, maybe try randomizing with the option off?
So it seems that was the issue. I passed Chapter 6 no problem after redumping and not having the experimental option on; on top of that the game seems to run smoother, but that could be because I'm using Luma and not NTR.
Thanks so much to both of you.

Reactions: KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So it seems that was the issue. I passed Chapter 6 no problem after redumping and not having the experimental option on; on top of that the game seems to run smoother, but that could be because I'm using Luma and not NTR.
Thanks so much to both of you.
You're very welcome! I'm glad that's all it was. Maybe those experimental options will be fixed/worked on in the re-write that thane98 is working on.

Thelostrune

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Every time I get to chapter 6, right before I choose a path, the game crashes and this error pops up.
I've tried going down on difficulty. (From classic lunatic, to classic hard, to classic normal and then casual normal) but to no avail.
I've also deleted the files that have to do with chapter 6 off my SD card, as suggested on the Serene's Forest post. Still no dice. Any ideas?

EDIT: I also completely re-did the randomization but it still crashes at the same point.

Does for me, too. That's why I've said it's broken with the current Luma version. It broke with 8.0 and still is.
Although, I'm using EU Special Edition as CIA, which is apparently "not supported" or something.

thane98

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're very welcome! I'm glad that's all it was. Maybe those experimental options will be fixed/worked on in the re-write that thane98 is working on.
The rewrite is much more stable. There are still a couple of zones where crashes are possible right now, but even those only occur under really specific configurations. I'd like to eliminate all of them before release.

Last edited by thane98,

Samantha007

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Canada
The rewrite is much more stable. There are still a couple of zones where crashes are possible right now, but even those only occur under really specific configurations. I'd like to eliminate all of them before release.
I look forward to the rewrite; sounds pretty awesome so far.
As for those "crashable zones" -- I am also crashing when I reach Conquest Chapter 9 and recruit Nyx (AKA Felicia, I swear my randomizations hate her.), but I am busy and haven't tried to fix it VIA deleting chapter files yet.
Just letting you know in case you didn't already. I'll just skip her recruitment worst case scenario.

EDIT: If anyone else in the future experiences this; breaking the stone wall before recruiting her worked.

Last edited by Samantha007,

thane98

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I look forward to the rewrite; sounds pretty awesome so far.
As for those "crashable zones" -- I am also crashing when I reach Conquest Chapter 9 and recruit Nyx (AKA Felicia, I swear my randomizations hate her.), but I am busy and haven't tried to fix it VIA deleting chapter files yet.
Just letting you know in case you didn't already. I'll just skip her recruitment worst case scenario.

EDIT: If anyone else in the future experiences this; breaking the stone wall before recruiting her worked.
I haven't tested it on the rewrite, but I'll be sure to look at it when I get done with the current problem areas.

thane98

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for the double post, but I thought I'd give an update on chapter 9.

I tested Conquest chapter 9 for the first time in the rewrite. I recruited Nyx's replacement immediately after starting the chapter without breaking the wall - no crash occurred. The chapter played out exactly as expected with no abnormalities.

Obviously, I'll need to test it a few more times to make sure that the chapter works 100% of the time, but things are looking good so far.

Samantha007

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Canada
Another error I encountered: I did not have a choice of whether I killed Shura's replacement or not. He died, and I did not get boots (or any reward) for it either.
My camera angle was then stuck on that odd, dramatic panning angle when you make a decision, in mycastle and on the world map. Rebooting the game fixed that.

Hozu

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think the second joining servant randomization is putting it on par with the stats of the first joining one. I haven't actually tried out the randomizer myself yet (I plan on waiting for the next release), but I've seen someone playing through randomized Rev and the replacement for second joining servant (replacing Felicia in this instance) had very poor stats and was at level 1 in a promoted class, instead of level 13. No idea if this happens in other paths as well, or if this has been fixed already.

Samantha007

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Canada
I think the second joining servant randomization is putting it on par with the stats of the first joining one. I haven't actually tried out the randomizer myself yet (I plan on waiting for the next release), but I've seen someone playing through randomized Rev and the replacement for second joining servant (replacing Felicia in this instance) had very poor stats and was at level 1 in a promoted class, instead of level 13. No idea if this happens in other paths as well, or if this has been fixed already.
This was the case for me as well! I got Niles as a wolfssegner with amazing strength and skill but unfortunately he was too weak for me to level him without any DLC in Conquest.

DeathChaos

Unmei wo koeru!
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
This is because the servant replacements are not being set to autoscale (the value needs to be set to 1).

Certain people have certain auto scale values (all castle joiners in the base game do), all kids have 10, the servants have 1, Yukimura's scale value is 33, Izana/Flora are 28, and Fuga/Yukimura are 33.

This value is compared to the scale value of the last completed chapter, and the differences are gained in levels, of course, if the scale value is set to 0, then nothing will be gained.

Utherium

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone help me out? I extracted the romfs and all that but I am missing C007.Txt so I extracted it again but no dice.

Wijetron

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just in case anyone's wondering, the randomizer isn't dead. I'm currently in the middle of rewriting everything from the ground up to make randomizing your game a lot less painful. With the new version, all you have to do is extract your romfs and select the directory in the randomizer - the program will handle the rest. No decompressing and compressing files with FEAT, no creating a separate patch folder beforehand.

The rewrite's also bringing a lot of additional features and customization. As far as new features go, the program can now randomize chest items and the player's starting class. You can choose which characters, classes, skills, and items are included in the pool. To top it all off, I'm addressing some shortcomings of the original version of the randomizer. Bitflags are now patched so that the royals' replacements can wield the divine weapons and activate dragon veins. I'm attempting to address all of the reported bugs and crashes, though I'm not sure about how many of those I can fix since most of them are because of the game being picky with setups on certain maps.

There's also a good chance for the randomizer to get Awakening support as well. Most of the code for editing Awakening's files is done, so it's just a matter of creating the randomizer itself and making sure that a randomized Awakening can be played without crashing every chapter. SoV support may come in the future, but I'm still not sure how I want to deal with changing the join order and fully-voiced dialogue.

If you want to follow progress on the next rendition of the randomizer, the code can be found on github.

Woah! Just when I thought this randomizer couldn't get any better, you decide to do this! This is absolutely incredible!

Dylos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The rewrite's also bringing a lot of additional features and customization. As far as new features go, the program can now randomize chest items and the player's starting class. You can choose which characters, classes, skills, and items are included in the pool.
Will the rewrite allow us to pick characters, classes and items that do not exist in the base game's code?

thane98

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will the rewrite allow us to pick characters, classes and items that do not exist in the base game's code?
The base release won't, but the character, item, class, and skill lists will be located in an external folder, which will make editing them pretty easy. So you can add custom entries to the lists as desired - the randomizer will treat them like every other entry.

GermanTacos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I randomize with any number of passes, growths only seem to be around 5-ish points away from their original value. Is there any option to shuffle growths instead of adding or taking 5?

I'm testing this with Gunter's replacement, so it could just be that units swap their own growths around with each other, whereas I'm looking for all growths to be shuffled between all units.

thane98

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I randomize with any number of passes, growths only seem to be around 5-ish points away from their original value. Is there any option to shuffle growths instead of adding or taking 5?

I'm testing this with Gunter's replacement, so it could just be that units swap their own growths around with each other, whereas I'm looking for all growths to be shuffled between all units.
Are you noticing this behavior on the current release? Or does the bug occur on the rewrite?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, no sabría cómo decirte