ROM Hack [WIP] Dragon Ball Heroes: Ultimate Mission 2 Translation

LordStarkiller

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Out of curiosity, does UM2 include all content from UM1 or are they completely different games?
Yes as well as add a bit more.

DBHUM2 covers all eight series of the original DBH, all ten of Galaxy Mission, and the first two of Jakryuu Mission (the one that stars the Shadow Dragons).

DBHUMX will cover all previous sets from UM2 and include the 6 remaining series of Jakryuu Mission, and all ten of God Mission.

Last edited by LordStarkiller,

Canzah

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes as well as add a bit more.

DBHUM2 covers all eight series of the original DBH, all ten of Galaxy Mission, and the first two of Jakryuu Mission (the one that stars the Shadow Dragons).

DBHUMX will cover all previous sets from UM2 and include the 6 remaining series of Jakryuu Mission, and all ten of God Mission.

Wait so there isn't any story content from UM1 missing in UM2, correct?
Well in that case I can't wait for this or UMX if that one truly has everything from UM1 and 2 as well.

LordStarkiller

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait so there isn't any story content from UM1 missing in UM2, correct?
Well in that case I can't wait for this or UMX if that one truly has everything from UM1 and 2 as well.
No, all cards in UM1 are in UM2 and all cards introduced in UM2 will be in UMX which will introduce the rest of Jakryuu Mission and all of God Mission so pretty much everything before the Super Dragonball Heroes update.

As far as the story goes, in UM2 it only goes from a small part of Dragonball to the Super 17 arc of GT. From the scan I saw of UMX, it will have it's own unique story that involves the world of Dragonball Heroes spilling over into the real world with all the local arcade machines vanishing and now you must go into the game and set things right.

Last edited by LordStarkiller,

Canzah

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
As far as the story goes, in UM2 it only goes from a small part of Dragonball to the Super 17 arc of GT. From the scan I saw of UMX, it will have it's own unique story that involves the world of Dragonball Heroes spilling over into the real world with all the local arcade machines vanishing and now you must go into the game and set things right.
I see, but will UMX have the current story from UM1 and UM2 too? As in from DB to S17 GT?

Canzah

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't know. Only one scan of UMX exists as of right now.
I see, well thanks for explaining.
Worst case scenario we will need both UM2 and UMX translated if we want the story, since from what I understand UM2 has all of UM1's content story included based on what you said.
So if UMX only has its own new story then we'll still be needing UM2.

What's the progress on the translation anyway?

SSJMichael29

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you. Your work is extremely appreciated. Is there anything we can do to help with the process to make it easier on you?

egg151

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im so confused on the whole thing, I read the read me and I still have no clue on how to install it. I have a .3ds file copy of the game

Canzah

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/2017/01/2...ds-announced-for-april-2017-release-in-japan/

It seems Ultimate Mission X will include all the story missions from UM1 and UM2.

"The game will cover 3,300 cards from the arcade version’s 36 missions (spanning the arcade game’s original 8 missions, 10 “Galaxy Missions”, 8 “Evil Dragon Missions”, and 10 “God Missions”). Players will also be able to carry forward data from Ultimate Mission 2."

YugamiSekai

Mr. Picross
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/2017/01/2...ds-announced-for-april-2017-release-in-japan/

It seems Ultimate Mission X will include all the story missions from UM1 and UM2.

"The game will cover 3,300 cards from the arcade version’s 36 missions (spanning the arcade game’s original 8 missions, 10 “Galaxy Missions”, 8 “Evil Dragon Missions”, and 10 “God Missions”). Players will also be able to carry forward data from Ultimate Mission 2."
Now I don't even know what to do anymore, should I translate this or that

Canzah

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Now I don't even know what to do anymore, should I translate this or that
Not entirely sure if it definitely confirms the missions as well, or just the cards.
I don't know how the game works exactly so maybe you could clarify if the cards are obtainable by doing only the missions or something.
With that said, wouldn't it be possible for you to keep working on translating the missions and then relatively easyily port that translation to X?
In the end I'm sure everyone would prefer having X translated assuming it does include the content from 1 and 2.
And personally I truly hope you won't give up :)

Reactions: YugamiSekai

broli95

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Honestly, I'd just go ahead with translating UM2 and then when UMX comes out it cuts the amount of translating for that game in half.
I signed up just to follow this thread, you should do as he says, you would spare a lot of time, thanks a lot for the effort and for the work you're doing!

bahamut920

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It does seem like work on this game could be put towards a project for UM3 once it releases. Perhaps not font hacking or utilities, but at the very least most of the dialogue for the common parts of the game should be the same.

RashFaustinho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I know it's not a popoular opinion, but i'd stop the translation of this game and wait for UMX.
I tried UM2 and has a lot of text and a long, REALLY long story mode with a lot of text that may vanish with the arrival of UMX.
(And i hope so, personally i found UM2's story mode boring as hell)

PS: Also, if i can give a suggestion, i saw earlier that you focused on translating the menus and maybe part of the story mode?
First i'd focus on translating the cards - that's what the game is about. Without them the game is borderline unplayable.

Canzah

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I tried UM2 and has a lot of text and a long, REALLY long story mode with a lot of text that may vanish with the arrival of UMX.
(And i hope so, personally i found UM2's story mode boring as hell)
Vast majority of us WANT to experience the story, in fact that's the primary reason for most of us.
So you saying that is kinda infuriating really.

RashFaustinho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Vast majority of us WANT to experience the story, in fact that's the primary reason for most of us.
So you saying that is kinda infuriating really.
Well, I think story may be important for someone (personally, I find it boring, but apparently that's just me), the problem is... As of now, we can't even play the game without the cards being properly translated. You can play using cards at random, but we don't know what they do. So, shouldn't that have the priority?

Canzah

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well, I think story may be important for someone (personally, I find it boring, but apparently that's just me), the problem is... As of now, we can't even play the game without the cards being properly translated. You can play using cards at random, but we don't know what they do. So, shouldn't that have the priority?
Thing is these games carry all the content to the next one. UM2 has everything UM1 had. It's basically a given that UMX will have everything from UM1 and UM2 considering you can transfer your save.
As such translating that stuff now is actually a good idea.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6aie4t8lZ7k&pp=ygUuaSBhbSBub3QgZ2F5IGJ1dCAyMCBkb2xsYXJzIGlzIDIwIGRv... +1