Hacking Homebrew Having issues adding a patch to a physical game cartridge

Neo_Mametchi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to add the fan-made English patch to my physical copy of Dragon Quest Monsters 2 and its not working. I have a digital version that's patched but I can't get the physical cartridge patched. I wanted both so I could have multiple save files.

I extracted the patch zip and put them in this folder (which I had to make as there was no titles folder) "/luma/titles/00040000000CF500". I also enabled game patching and followed this link below exactly. Does anyone know what I did wrong? Just to repeat I'm trying to patch a physical cartridge not the digital version.

Neo_Mametchi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please don't say that when asking for help. What is "not working"? Does the game act like it isn't patched, or does it crash, or what!?

Wouldn't it be a lot easier just to use Checkpoint to swap out your save data as needed?
The patch isn't being added and the game runs as normal. Also I read that using checkpoint to have multiple saves isn't very reliable. Is that true or were they mistaken?

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Also I read that using checkpoint to have multiple saves isn't very reliable. Is that true or were they mistaken?
I cannot imagine what you might have read that would have suggested anything like that.

(There was one release of Checkpoint that didn't work very well, but people stopped using that version years ago when its limitations became clear.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto