Homebrew [WIP] AltNN - An alternative Nintendo Network server!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aletron9000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Look, there is some evidence (not much, but some) this is leading to something. Even with what we have. so i don't think it should be locked, but development should still be continued

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can't just lock a thread for no reason, it would have to break the rules which I don't think this does or the OP would have to request it to be locked. The OP has no obligations to show anyone code. There are PLENTY of threads that's projects are on "hold" or progressed slowly and they're still open threads so no, this thread has no right to be locked. Keep doing your thing, OP.

GalladeGuy

Cool and Epic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can't just lock a thread for no reason, it would have to break the rules which I don't think this does or the OP would have to request it to be locked. The OP has no obligations to show anyone code. There are PLENTY of threads that's projects are on "hold" or progressed slowly and they're still open threads so no, this thread has no right to be locked. Keep doing your thing, OP.
Except those threads actually have at least a screenshot or an alpha build. The only thing this has is a logo. He hasn't made any progress in over 4 days. He is just fishing for attention.

TimX24968B

"That guy"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Except those threads actually have at least a screenshot or an alpha build. The only thing this has is a logo. He hasn't made any progress in over 4 days. He is just fishing for attention.
technically, he hasn't really broken forum rules or given the mods a reason to lock it. they are the ones that lock it, not you.

Reactions: umbjolt

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
technically, he hasn't really broken forum rules or given the mods a reason to lock it. they are the ones that lock it, not you.
It wouldn't be the first topic locked for being "WIP" with zero work being done on it.

OP should have waited until they had an actual proof of concept of something. Right now it's some lie about losing 300 lines of code (Even if true, it's 300 lines of untested code that probably didn't do what OP thought, since it hadn't been saved at all, so couldn't have been tested), and a logo.

Reactions: Zidapi

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry, are you paying the OP to developed this? Didn't think so. You can't demand things of people that do this of their own free will, in there own time. Things are worked on and released according the the developer's agenda, not yours or anybody else's. There's no proof the OP is fishing for attention which makes your opinion just that. Now you can keep trolling a thread and look like a fool or you can just not comment since you think the OP is full of shit. The choice is yours.

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Other than multiple commits to update the logo and not one shred of code?
That means what? All you're doing is assuming the OP doesn't have a real life and/or a job? They could be working on it at this very moment. I don't even know why this is being discussed. The locking of threads is done at the OP's request or the mods when/if they see fit.

Reactions: TimX24968B

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That means what? All you're doing is assuming the OP doesn't have a real life and/or a job? They could be working on it at this very moment. I don't even know why this is being discussed. The locking of threads is done at the OP's request or the mods when/if they see fit.
And they haven't posted any meaningful information on what they've discovered, either. For example:
Ok so through looking at the packets I see that nasc seems to authenticate with the client and then sends some data back to nasc then the client sends some data to a other server (not nasc)
This describes basically any service that uses decentralized application servers with centralized authentication.

For what it's worth, I have a rather low tolerance for "poser" programmers and people who support them.

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And they haven't posted any meaningful information on what they've discovered, either. For example:

This describes basically any service that uses decentralized application servers with centralized authentication.

For what it's worth, I have a rather low tolerance for "poser" programmers and people who support them.
Fair enough, carry on with the witch hunt then because that's all this is. I'm just going to sit my "poser" supporting ass here and support the fuck out of this project now.

GalladeGuy

Cool and Epic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry, are you paying the OP to developed this? Didn't think so. You can't demand things of people that do this of their own free will, in there own time. Things are worked on and released according the the developer's agenda, not yours or anybody else's. There's no proof the OP is fishing for attention which makes your opinion just that. Now you can keep trolling a thread and look like a fool or you can just not comment since you think the OP is full of shit. The choice is yours.
Threads like this are locked all the time. I honestly don't care if it ever gets finished, but what I do care about is people faking development.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    N @ NoiseCommander3DS: https://youtu.be/cAo4TuKIz6s