Gaming Winning Eleven (pro evo) 2009 is here.

dlxowhd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
damn, finally.. it supports classic controller.
i've been playing winning eleven series since 4.. meaning i've played winning eleven 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 2008...
i just couldn't stand wiimote and nunchuck controls..
i tried to play pro evo 2008 on wii with wiimote and i finally gave up... i guess i'm just an old gamer... i hate wiimote and nunchuck controls.
but 2009 supports classic controls so i will definately play it...
anyone play this yet?
does it support online play like 2008?

TC!

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've got the NTSC version but it has a system upgrade on it and I'm on a PAL Wii.
My Wii is already on system 3.4 so I don't care about upgrading I just want to make sure it won't brick my Wii.

Has anyone tried it?

sgwiiboy

Trophies
XP
Country
I have played it, it's very good but I don't see why you would want to play it with the classic controller.

This along with FIFA, Tiger Woods etc are so much better using Wiimote controls than conventional controls. PES is one of only a handful of games that is innovative and utilises the Wii's capabilities to make a really immersive game. The freedom you get on PES to make your players run exactly where you them to off the ball as well as controlling exactly where to pass the ball make this title so much better on the Wii than any other platform. Like I said, I don't know why you wouldn't persist with learning to play with the Wiimote, it improves the game no end.

crezwell

Trophies
XP
Country
sgwiiboy said:
I have played it, it's very good but I don't see why you would want to play it with the classic controller.

This along with FIFA, Tiger Woods etc are so much better using Wiimote controls than conventional controls. PES is one of only a handful of games that is innovative and utilises the Wii's capabilities to make a really immersive game. The freedom you get on PES to make your players run exactly where you them to off the ball as well as controlling exactly where to pass the ball make this title so much better on the Wii than any other platform. Like I said, I don't know why you wouldn't persist with learning to play with the Wiimote, it improves the game no end.
Couldnt agree more, not using the wiimote for PES loses the whole point of playing it on the wii. I cant imagine going back and just controlling one player at a time now and hoping the AI 1) makes a run at the right time 2) makes a run to the right place.

TC!

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just to update, I got past it needing a system update by installing the update from PAL MadWorld.

Now when I try to launch it I just get a black screen. I've tried going through gecko but I get a blue screen with an error #002.
Anyone got this working on a PAL console?

Just to add to the discussion I don't get why you'd want to play this on classic controller. The first time you get 2 strikers against a keeper and you can pull of an inch perfect pass to leave the keeper stranded and score then you'd never want to go back to the other way of controlling. This plays like real football, you control the whole team not just one guy at a time.

sgwiiboy

Trophies
XP
Country
TC! said:
Just to update, I got past it needing a system update by installing the update from PAL MadWorld.

Now when I try to launch it I just get a black screen. I've tried going through gecko but I get a blue screen with an error #002.

Just to add to the discussion I don't get why you'd want to play this on classic controller. The first time you get 2 strikers against a keeper and you can pull of an inch perfect pass to leave the keeper stranded and score then you'd never want to go back to the other way of controlling. This plays like real football, you control the whole team not just one guy at a time.

To sort the 002 error you need to get Gamma with 002 fix or CIOS36 Rev 8.

maduin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The PES series for the Wii is one of the best non-nintendo made games for the system. I'd recommend it to everyone. Even if you don't like sports or sports games, if you like truly innovative video games, you'll love PES for the Wii.

It takes maybe a half hour or so to learn the controls proper, but once you do, it's so intuitive. The animation and the AI are wonderful, when you mess up a shot or a pass, you know it was probably your fault for not knowing the game that well or knowing what your players and what their stats are capable of.

Playing with anything other than the Wii Remote and Nunchuck and you're missing the greatest part of the game, and the greatest innovations in controls in sports games ever.

sgwiiboy

Trophies
XP
Country
bin01 said:
does this support gamecube controller

No, just classic controller. Why would you want to play it with the GC or classic controller though? If you want to do that, you might as well just get an old version for GC.

sgwiiboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Littlegreenmen said:
Anyone now the control layout for using the wii classic controller please

*Sigh*

Why do you want to play with the classic controller. It kind of defeats the object of having a Wii if you are not going to use the Wiimote and nunchuck. The game is so much better by not using a control pad.

The reason I bought a Wii is for games like this that add a whole new level of immersion and gameplay. No one would have bought a Wii of the back of Wii sports if you could only play by controller. In fact it's a rubbish game if you take the control system out of it.

Littlegreenmen

Trophies
XP
Country
sgwiiboy said:
Littlegreenmen said:

*Sigh*

Why do you want to play with the classic controller. It kind of defeats the object of having a Wii if you are not going to use the Wiimote and nunchuck. The game is so much better by not using a control pad.

The reason I bought a Wii is for games like this that add a whole new level of immersion and gameplay. No one would have bought a Wii of the back of Wii sports if you could only play by controller. In fact it's a rubbish game if you take the control system out of it.
Its alot easier to use the controller and its more fun as i get frustrated with the wiiremote/nunchuck.
all other games on the wii i prefer using the wiiremote/nunchuck, i just feel 1 or 2 games are not meant to use that method (wiimote/Nunchuck) personaly it just does not do it for me.

TC!

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
sgwiiboy said:
TC! said:

I've got a WiiKey so I've never got into the whole softmodding scene. If I do what you say do I need to do it each time and my Wii resets back to normal every time I switch it off, or is it a permanent change?
If it's permanent then I'll just wait a couple of weeks for the PAL version, I don't want to screw my kids Wii just for me to play some PES. Suppose I could play some Fifa on my 360 while I'm waiting, !cringes!

sgwiiboy

Trophies
XP
Country
TC! said:
sgwiiboy said:
TC! said:

I've got a WiiKey so I've never got into the whole softmodding scene. If I do what you say do I need to do it each time and my Wii resets back to normal every time I switch it off, or is it a permanent change?
If it's permanent then I'll just wait a couple of weeks for the PAL version, I don't want to screw my kids Wii just for me to play some PES. Suppose I could play some Fifa on my 360 while I'm waiting, !cringes!

Sorry I didn't read your first post properly but I realise now that you are chipped. All you need is Gecko with 002 fix. Just google it or search the GBAtemp forums for a link.

sgwiiboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Littlegreenmen said:
sgwiiboy said:
Littlegreenmen said:

*Sigh*

Its alot easier to use the controller and its more fun as i get frustrated with the wiiremote/nunchuck.
all other games on the wii i prefer using the wiiremote/nunchuck, i just feel 1 or 2 games are not meant to use that method (wiimote/Nunchuck) personaly it just does not do it for me.

Fair enough but you are missing out. I think it's twice the game with the nunchuck. The freedom you have to move players exactly where you want, play the ball into the areas you want makes it far more realistic IMO.

I must admit, when I played PES 08, I really couldn't get on with the new controls at all. I have been playing the game with a control pad all the way back to when it was ISS on the Snes. After making myself play with the new controls I got more and more used to it and I will never go back now.

To me, this is one of the few titles that fully uses the potential of the Wii.

maduin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
everyone needs to learn to play with the Wii Remote and Nunchuck, once you learn it properly, there's no going back. It's exponentially so much better than using old control styles. It's like playing a game that has never existed before. Do you remember when you first played a new game on a new system, like Super Mario 64 or ISS for the N64, or Tekken, or Street Fighter 2, or Mario Kart. In all those games, the controls are what made the gameplay so fun.

You're missing out if you go the old way. You might as well be playing the PS2 version of PES if you don't learn the new controls.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    this is my first aurora tbh
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i mean, multiple have happened in my lifetime, but it's always been too cloudy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IT'S LIKE THAT ALMOST EVERY FUCKING METEOR SHOWER TOO
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You need to setup a time lapse camera, be neat
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I actually use a pic of it on my pc desktop cause its cool looking
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Apparently the pro versión of pizza boy is back aswell
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Gonna download the update
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Only 2 antiviruses detected the APK as a virus on virustotal so it Must be safe
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Cuz false positive
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Wait
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Eh nvm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sadly, the clouds are setting in now

hey BigOnYa the clouds are coming from the south, maybe check again
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night it's 11 pm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    night
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @BakerMan Nuh I'm in for the night playing Fallout 4, ill look tomorrow night
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok had let dog out, and yea still can't see it, oh well. Maybe tom night.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ballocks these drives aren't allowing raid
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That sucks, well you will get double the space then atleast.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy needs to come back
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Did you try Raid 10?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I did raid69
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The physical disk keeps disabling in bios
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    hey ken did you see the aurora tonight?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also sorry it was too cloudy, that sucks