Gaming Winning Eleven (pro evo) 2009 is here.

bin01

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
sgwiiboy said:
bin01 said:
does this support gamecube controller

No, just classic controller. Why would you want to play it with the GC or classic controller though? If you want to do that, you might as well just get an old version for GC.
Im not looking for motion controllers for soccer, i want multiplayer and not all the ppl waste his money with another nunchuk, and thanks to the lazy work of EA now im gonna get Fifa 09 instread cuz as i assume u know it has GC support

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
bin01 said:
sgwiiboy said:
bin01 said:

No, just classic controller. Why would you want to play it with the GC or classic controller though? If you want to do that, you might as well just get an old version for GC.
Im not looking for motion controllers for soccer, i want multiplayer and not all the ppl waste his money with another nunchuk, and thanks to the lazy work of EA now im gonna get Fifa 09 instread cuz as i assume u know it has GC support

You can play online multiplayer with PES 2009, that's multiplayer without having to pay for another Nunchuck.

sgwiiboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Lubbo said:
would this be better than FIFA 09 or how good would it compare to it?

Some features are better some are not.

PES to me is more realistic. As much as I have enjoyed playing FIFA 09, it's just not very realistic when your centre back does a double step over in your own penalty box then flips the ball over the opposing strikers head. PES also has a bit more freedom over player control and in my opinion is slightly more difficult (in a good way). Long shots, shooting and passing on the turn and other motions factor in that a player is off balance etc. FIFA can at times be a bit too "perfect" in this respect.

For me, the manager mode in FIFA is much better than the one in PES. The defending is better in FIFA too. Although PES has improved from the last version, at times it is near on impossible to get the ball back for periods in the more advanced difficulty settings. The final area that FIFA gets the nod is that you can sprint with analog stick, you can't in PES and sometimes it would be useful, mainly in defending and while moving off the ball players around.

If you could cobble together the best bits of both together I think that you would have the perfect football (or soccer) game. Until that happens, PES 09 gets the nod from me. I won't be getting rid of FIFA 09 though.

sgwiiboy

Trophies
XP
Country
bin01 said:
sgwiiboy said:
bin01 said:

You do realise that this sentence makes no sense at all. You do realise that EA make FIFA? I assuming you meant the lazy work of Konami?

I imagine the reason that Konami didn't include GC support is because the game is for the Wii but I will ring them and ask them what the hell they think they are doing trying to make a game on the Wii that is innovative? I shall tell them that what Wii owners really want is not innovation but GC controller support. While I am at it, I will give Capcom a call and tell them that they wasted their time updating the control system for the Wii on Resident Evil 4.

Littlegreenmen

Trophies
XP
Country
sgwiiboy said:
Littlegreenmen said:
sgwiiboy said:
Littlegreenmen said:
Anyone now the control layout for using the wii classic controller please

*Sigh*

Why do you want to play with the classic controller. It kind of defeats the object of having a Wii if you are not going to use the Wiimote and nunchuck. The game is so much better by not using a control pad.

The reason I bought a Wii is for games like this that add a whole new level of immersion and gameplay. No one would have bought a Wii of the back of Wii sports if you could only play by controller. In fact it's a rubbish game if you take the control system out of it.
Its alot easier to use the controller and its more fun as i get frustrated with the wiiremote/nunchuck.
all other games on the wii i prefer using the wiiremote/nunchuck, i just feel 1 or 2 games are not meant to use that method (wiimote/Nunchuck) personaly it just does not do it for me.

Fair enough but you are missing out. I think it's twice the game with the nunchuck. The freedom you have to move players exactly where you want, play the ball into the areas you want makes it far more realistic IMO.

I must admit, when I played PES 08, I really couldn't get on with the new controls at all. I have been playing the game with a control pad all the way back to when it was ISS on the Snes. After making myself play with the new controls I got more and more used to it and I will never go back now.

To me, this is one of the few titles that fully uses the potential of the Wii.
have been giving the wiimote and nunchuck ago the last few hours,still finding it difficult but can see what you mean it does make the game better, gonna stick with it until i master it.
ps - anyone managed to boot this via disc channel, im having to use gamma as get black screen through disc channel

sgwiiboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Littlegreenmen said:
have been giving the wiimote and nunchuck ago the last few hours,still finding it difficult but can see what you mean it does make the game better, gonna stick with it until i master it.
ps - anyone managed to boot this via disc channel, im having to use gamma as get black screen through disc channel

Good man, you wont regret it when you are sliding a reverse pass into your strikers or sending your players on a run into space at corners to lose their markers etc.

When you play the game like this it, it begins to strike you how much work the AI was doing for you in previous games. Yes, you will probably make more mistakes this way but for me that just adds to the game and makes it more real.

bin01

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
sgwiiboy said:
bin01 said:
sgwiiboy said:
bin01 said:

You do realise that this sentence makes no sense at all. You do realise that EA make FIFA? I assuming you meant the lazy work of Konami?

I imagine the reason that Konami didn't include GC support is because the game is for the Wii but I will ring them and ask them what the hell they think they are doing trying to make a game on the Wii that is innovative? I shall tell them that what Wii owners really want is not innovation but GC controller support. While I am at it, I will give Capcom a call and tell them that they wasted their time updating the control system for the Wii on Resident Evil 4.
Ok i meant Konami. Anyways i know konami has a lot of experience on soccer games, thats why i was expecting PES 09 so long but now i realize i wasted time waiting for this game when i could get fifa a long time ago, my goal is Local multiplayer
and PES 2009 doesnt has what i wanted... and that man is frustrating

dlxowhd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i use the classic controller... the button layout is same for the previous series... same for all.. including psp version, ps2 version, and whatever..

Tetram

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I too don't understand those people who plays it with a classic controller. You have difficulties to adapt ? It is soooo much better once you get it !

From the very beggining, PES was a game for real gamers. Now, they prove on Wii how to make it more technical and more tactical... And these people says they prefer giving up those improvments and get back to a old-fashion gameplay... Too sad
frown.gif

diegom22

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hi. Which update is on the disc??
My NTSC Wii is on 3.2U and never softmoded. Just install homebrew channel. I would like to stay with 3.2. So, it is safe to update?.
Thanks

maduin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use the new controls everyone, it's why the Wii was created, it's probably why you bought a Wii in the first the place. This is one of those few games that delivered on what Nintendo has always been promising, new innovation in the world of controls and gameplay.

Use the Pointer Controls and play through Champion's Road (not league), that's what hooked me on the game. The game is so fast paced that it's doesn't seem like a chore and unique that you'll keep coming back to it several times a day just to build up your team.

I suggest this game to anyone, not just soccer or sports fans, but to all video game players.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Damn, I really can't wait till I get this game!
I want it so badly, I've been waiting for this for such a long time and now it's out and I can't download it because of my stupid downloadlimit
frown.gif

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Satangel said:
I want it so badly, I've been waiting for this for such a long time and now it's out and I can't download it because of my stupid downloadlimit
frown.gif

Get a Dommel account (link)
- Dommel netconnect = 200gig download in the month, when you only download between 01:00AM and 13:00 it only counts for 50% so you can get 400gig in the month
- 448 kbps unlimmited upload
- 12,0 mbps
- €34,95 (there's now a free activation promo

And in Bruges you can get
Dommel Cityconnect
- Unlimmited download
- 24,0 mbps
- Static IP
- Unlimmited 3mbps upload
- €33,95 (now's a free activation + free 3 first months promo)

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
DjoeN said:
Satangel said:
frown.gif

Get a Dommel account (link)
- Dommel netconnect = 200gig download in the month, when you only download between 01:00AM and 13:00 it only counts for 50% so you can get 400gig in the month
- 448 kbps unlimmited upload
- 12,0 mbps
- €34,95 (there's now a free activation promo

And in Bruges you can get
Dommel Cityconnect
- Unlimmited download
- 24,0 mbps
- Static IP
- Unlimmited 3mbps upload
- €33,95 (now's a free activation + free 3 first months promo)

I greatly appreciate your input and help DjoeN, but my parents don't want to switch. Especially because my dad's work pays for our internet, so we don't have to pay anything.
My parents are really 'cheap' and they don't want to pay for something they can get for free.

maduin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
maybe you could get someone to mail it you that lives close to you. Find someone who has the ISO and ask them to burn it for you and mail it, I'm sure it couldn't be expensive to ship. Or I guess you could just wait. I'm personally pretty in love with the game.

dlxowhd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah it's safe.
i've played some online matches so far.
add me.. my friend code is posted on another thread.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte