Homebrew Windows 95 on N3DS

PF2M

Ex-Miiverse Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to provide a build in just a minute. But, is it allowed to have the windows 95 image in the zip? I'm guessing not...

WinWorldPC.com said:
In order for a piece of software to be abandonware, it must, as a general guideline:
  • Be over 7 years old.
  • Be out of support by the manufacturer.
  • Be mostly out of use by the general populace (abandoned)
I think that Windows '95 is considered abandonware at this point. You can remove it to be safe, just tell us where to put our own ISOs if you do so.

loco365

Trophies
XP
Eh, setting it up is a massive pain especially in a virtual environment. If there's any instructions for the best way to set it up, I'm game.

In addition, you can put it on that iso site and we can get it from there.

shutterbug2000

Cubic NINJHAX!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eh, setting it up is a massive pain especially in a virtual environment. If there's any instructions for the best way to set it up, I'm game.

In addition, you can put it on that iso site and we can get it from there.

Well, I'll just mention where I got mine from. Google "iDOS windows 95"(Hopefully this is allowed)

Already knew this :P

Any chance you can make a cia build for this too, pretty please? :3

Yeah, I've been testing with cia actually(although it does work with 3dsx)

Wolfy

Person That Never Was
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to sleep, I'm hoping there will be a download link in the morning because I just got a copy of The Simpsons Hit And Run and it runs on old versions of Windows so something to try out ;)
May not work, but hey, I would kill to get something like that portable with button controls.

Reactions: DarkRioru

shutterbug2000

Cubic NINJHAX!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, if you want to know how I did it while I'm getting everything ready, I'll explain it.

Back a while ago, I tried compiling the dosbox from libretro, and using retroarch to emulate dosbox. Yet, every time, it froze on a rainbow glitchy mess. So, I gave up for a while.

Until tonight.
So, I tried it on my n3ds, and it just worked. So, I think the o3ds just isn't powerful enough to run dosbox, or there's not enough ram.

So, that's how this all got started. At it's core, this is just libretro/retroarch dosbox. But I figured, hey, everyone want's Windows on their 3DS, right? :P

NuikopeaDemon

Hello Darkness
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
So, if you want to know how I did it while I'm getting everything ready, I'll explain it.

Back a while ago, I tried compiling the dosbox from libretro, and using retroarch to emulate dosbox. Yet, every time, it froze on a rainbow glitchy mess. So, I gave up for a while.

Until tonight.
So, I tried it on my n3ds, and it just worked. So, I think the o3ds just isn't powerful enough to run dosbox, or there's not enough ram.

So, that's how this all got started. At it's core, this is just libretro/retroarch dosbox. But I figured, hey, everyone want's Windows on their 3DS, right? :P

So..... If you got Dosbox retroarch core to work that would mean I CAN PLAY DANGEROUS DAVE AND BATTLE CHESS on my 3DS aswell????

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs