Windows 7 finally at my school

D

Deleted-236924

m3rox said:
Pingouin7 said:
My school has Windows 7... But they chose to use the ugly classic theme...
Plus, they put restrictions so that nobody can change the settings on the computer, but it's really pointless since they get reset to default as soon as the computer is turned off!
Good thing I know how to bypass that restriction.

Classic theme uses less system resources. You'll want it if you're doing anything art related.
The computers at my school aren't shit.
They run just fine with Aero.

Plus, any class that needs you do to anything art-related, they have iMacs.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hakoda said:
YayMii said:
My school is filled with old Dell P4 2.4 computers running XP (this may change as my current school is changing locations). We also have (ridiculously overpriced) Alienware Aurora ALXs for Comm Tech (with i7 930s and dual ATI 5770s+Windows 7).

And next year my school is putting Macbooks as a class requirement (our school is being sponsored by Apple Canada). Although I personally don't like Macs, I don't mind since the admins at my school are awesome, they're completely fine with students using Hackintosh.
I'm not sure what you mean by requirement. Is your school forcing you to by a Mac? Or will all classroom computers just be Macs?
They're forcing us to buy Macbooks (or rent from the school). but as I said, I don't really mind, as the admins at my school said that they're allowing students to use Hackintosh instead of actual Macbooks.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Haha, we bring our own laptops/macs to school. So I don't really care
nyanya.gif

Tablets are not allowed for the time being though.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
m3rox said:
Nathan Drake said:
My school uses Ubuntu and XP on the PC's.

Sorry to hear that.

My college can afford to upgrade their OS whenever they feel like it, so all of the computers on campus were upgraded to Windows 7 last summer.
I don't know if that's something to be too sorry about. At least they are smart enough to be running a linux distro on their computers, even if it does happen to be Ubtunu.

Sop

groovy dude lmao
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
My school uses can afford to upgrade to Win 7, they just don't want to for some reason.. Hell, they just bought about 50 new laptops..

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
YayMii said:
They're forcing us to buy Macbooks (or rent from the school). but as I said, I don't really mind, as the admins at my school said that they're allowing students to use Hackintosh instead of actual Macbooks.
That's so sweet.
hrth.gif

What laptop you got? Or you goin desktop?

I recently decided that having a full blown Hackintosh is overkill, virtual pc works fine for me.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It has to be a laptop, it's not like I can bring a desktop PC to school every day.
And since I don't have a functioning PC at the moment, I'm planning to get something capable of gaming, as well as having Nvidia Optimus (for battery life). I'm looking at an Alienware M14X since my dad gets 10% off Dell.

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
My old school used XP when I was still there. Then they got a fuckton of Macbook Pros, I think enough to have 20 or so in each class room.

The vo-tech school I went to (For computer programming) used XP as well, but some of the computers also had Ubuntu installed, and there were a few Macs as well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    cearp @ cearp: Not just "some" - I think it's 24 now that have legalized it for adults, so nearly half!