OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well I was looking up a bunch of DS Homebrew when I stumbled upon DS2Win (or Win2DS. IDK what anyone is calling it.) It says I can interact with the desktop and yadda yadda. But say If I opened Photoshop, could I say use the DS as a fake Wacom tablet? Draw on the touchscreen to emulate the pen movements? Has anyone tried this way before? Would it work or would it end horrendously?

Thanks
-Mr. M

krazykirk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I think it could work, but it might not work properly...

Possible Issues:

1. Lag. The DS won't have a perfect connection to your PC, it's fine for just pointing and clicking, but you might run into problems if you draw.

2. Dragging. I don't think dragging the stylus across the screen will quite work.. You may need to hold down a button or something.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just tested it with the latest version of DS2Win (using Paint though, not Photoshop). It worked, but drawing was a bit laggy. You only have to press a button to drag when drawing in full screen mode. In zoomed mode it registers a click when you tap the touchscreen. I had to set the zoomed view to Ultra updating and full screen to Slow or Off to get even remotely decent speeds, and the image quality had to be toned down to about 40% as well. Even then it was rather cumbersome to use.

It can work, but not nearly as well as an actual Wacom tablet.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it could work, but it might not work properly...

Possible Issues:

1. Lag. The DS won't have a perfect connection to your PC, it's fine for just pointing and clicking, but you might run into problems if you draw.

2. Dragging. I don't think dragging the stylus across the screen will quite work.. You may need to hold down a button or something.
Use zoomed screen for drawing without pushing a button on your ds.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SMG4 @ SMG4: hi