Hacking Will you still buy a 3DS if it can't be hacked?

Yes or no?

• Yes

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Possibly

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Siveria

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I probally won't, most games that are released now a days are so shitty they aren't even worth a rental. There is the odd gem's that are released but looking at the NDS game libary about maybe 4-8% of all the games released are actually worth playing. That and I don't got the cash to take a risk on a 50 dollar game that I might hate. I have a NDS and haven't bought a single game for it, I had a flashcard before I even had the system. Alot of the good games on NDS have never seen a offical english release. Gaming in general has gone downhill fast since about the middle of the ps2's lifespan and has just been going further down the hole as the years go on. Final fantasys are a good example, Snes and ps1 ones were ok, Ps2 and up have pretty much sucked.

Their auto updating firmware thing that they thinking of putting in probally won't be all that hard to crack/block. furthermore isin't forcing it to access the net a invasion of privacy? Kinda like that Tag system, I don't want some random jack-ass I walk by on the street to get info about my usename and what games I have played on my 3DS, hopefully you can disable that feature.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Issac said:
So if my friend has a copy bought, and I borrow his system + game over lunch, give it a go, and decides that "nah, this game ain't for me", I'm stealing?
Checklist:
I was interested in the game? Yes.
One less copy sold? Yes.
Prevented profit gains to each company who's game the person tested? Yes.
Theft? Accordint to this: Yeah probably?

Was the game obtained by illegal means? No, unless borrowing or game rentals are against the law.
Is borrowing someone else's purchased copy considered piracy? No, unless you make a copy out of the borrowed copy.
Was my comment about "interested" parties a bit vague? Probably. As I had said before, most people who do download don't download "just" to try. They "want" it, but aren't willing to give it up after they download it; aren't willing to make the sacrifice like they would need to do with everything else in this world. Just because a person can't afford something doesn't magically give them the right to get those products for free. A sacrifice always has to be made to get something, unless the other party is willing to take on both sacrifices (giving the product without compensation). Your friend in your example sacrificed not having his system + game for a time so you could try it out. While the company may not have sold another of their products in this example because you had only an initial interest, it didn't result in one more person having a copy.

Obviously if you never gave your friend back the stuff, that would be stealing.
tongue.gif

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
90% yes.

I'll buy the thing,couple of games,hopefully other games come cheaper,buy and continue~
If it get's hacked(as in,flashcart/CFW),cool,but games would prolly be big,so really I think buying games would be a choice...hopefully I'll have the $$ to get some
tongue.gif

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Going from a DS with a flashcart to the 3DS, my main problem isn't going to be that I have to buy games, it's that I've got to wait for them to come out in Europe.

KinGamer7

Trophies
XP
Country
BlueStar said:
Going from a DS with a flashcart to the 3DS, my main problem isn't going to be that I have to buy games, it's that I've got to wait for them to come out in Europe.

Same. Even if the 3DS isn't region-locked, I've never actually imported games from other regions before.

Panzer Tacticer

veteran human
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hacked or unhacked, it's all about the screen SIZE for me. The performance is secondary.

There is no 3DS in my future if the screens are smaller than the DSi XL.

Last thing I am doing, is going back to small, for 300 bucks, all so I can play a few games I likely wouldn't be interested in even if free.

Lubbo

GBAtemp Veteran Resurgence
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
yes i will because all my other consoles are hacked except my PS3, so im happy to pay for games for another console, i really wanna check out the 3D with no glasses action, when i heard about it i thought it would be shit and bad quality and stuff but after E3 i heard it exceeded all expectations, so i cant wait!

MF Tlaxcala

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
stalker017 said:
No. I want to play games for free so fuck that.
evil.gif
Of coure, everybody wants that, but sometimes we have to choose between stuff. And because Nintendo isn't stupid we must discuss a lot what we do next if...

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DiscostewSM said:
Zetta_x said:
Price for a game is highly subjective. Would you pay for games if they were $200 each? No? What makes you different from me? Your value of money is different than mine. I don't think money should be wasted on games when I could be buying things that aren't on copyable storage media. If I am not going to pay for a game, I am not going to pay for a game if it is pirate-able or not.

Inflating a single product's price wwhile ignoring all the factors as to why it's inflated is a lousy way to argue. They don't set a price by spinning a wheel on a wall and throwing a dart at it. They take into account many other factors to determine a suitable price. Now, you may not like the price, but it's not based on individual feedback. Besides, games back in the day had cost more than they do today.

QUOTE(Zetta_x @ Oct 6 2010, 10:58 PM) That's the problem (supporting developers), developers have so much money where they can monopolize the gaming industry. They have enough power to force people to buy their games (anti-piracy) even when they sell them on copyable media devices. They have power to set up laws to tell you that you are wrong in this society if you do the obvious and copy their code because you can do it for free. So you are saying that you support these people no matter how much power they have over you and the gaming industry?

Last I heard, game companies were having to layoff some of their employees. I don't see how they could be "rolling in the dough" if they're doing that.
They have the power to set laws for their products because it is "their" property. When you buy a game, it doesn't become your property. You become a licensee to use the product. Don't like it? Take it to the government, who enforces it. They saying it's wrong to copy their code? It's their property, and they have a right to protect it.

You failed to miss the most important points. For example, you said prices were not thrown on a random dart board and they take into account of many different factors to determine a suitable price. However, they have complete control how much money it takes to produce a game. Lets say, I want to make a game that sells for $60. I can put so much effort into a game until it is about worth $60 worth. Even though I don't need all of the stuff I added to this game, I am still going to add it to make the game worth $60. They can have complete control over how much a game is worth.

Yes it is their property, but software is nothing like material property. They do have a right to protect it, but saying it is wrong to do so is just being in-humane.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Please just shut up already, Zetta. You keep formulating vague nonsensical justifications for just one thing.

You're bloody cheap.

Now, i don't really care if you like pirating, and only pay for games if they're on the app store at .99 cents, but don't tell us about it. If the high budget games by the likes of Nintendo went for a buck a piece, they wouldn't be around for long. You can't say my sense of value is different than yours. Price is not subjective. Developers have to make a profit, or else they'll go out of business and there won't be any more games to play at all. Unless you like Doodle Jump. You say they can control the price of their games so they won't be so expensive. Yes. Then we can all play shitty low budget games. Joy. That's exactly what developers do when they're making games like Imagine.

Edit:
QUOTE said:
You failed to miss the most important points
Double negative. He understood all the most important points.

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My point is I'm not buying a 3ds if it can't be hacked. While you clearly don't understand my thought process ( I am not making them clear or you simply cannot understand my way of perceiving it), after 2 posts it gets annoying trying to re-iterate my sentences in different words. You still have not convinced me different than my original points and I have not convinced you differently (obviously).

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Panzer Tacticer said:
Hacked or unhacked, it's all about the screen SIZE for me. The performance is secondary.

There is no 3DS in my future if the screens are smaller than the DSi XL.

Last thing I am doing, is going back to small, for 300 bucks, all so I can play a few games I likely wouldn't be interested in even if free.
What?

Game play (probably) and graphics dramatically increase!

You going to throw that away because of a small screen difference?

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Zetta_x said:
My point is I'm not buying a 3ds if it can't be hacked. While you clearly don't understand my thought process ( I am not making them clear or you simply cannot understand my way of perceiving it), after 2 posts it gets annoying trying to re-iterate my sentences in different words. You still have not convinced me different than my original points and I have not convinced you differently (obviously).
I understand your points. I understand the logical fallacies behind them. I also disagree with them.

The end.

SuicideBunny

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
zombielove said:
Without any speculation on the possibilities.... If you definitely can't pirate games, will you still buy one?
only if it comes with at least 32gb internal storage and allows for all games to be installed to and played from it without need for the cartridge, or nintendo gives me a gratis pack mule to carry all my cartridges with the purchase.

Gnargle

The day I set a profile picture is the day I die
Trophies
XP
Country
The people who said no are confirmed for super pirates.
I say yes. I bought the original Phat DS day one (with Prime Hunters: First Hunt) and consider it one of my best video game buys ever. With the launch lineup of the 3DS, I can imagine this'll be even better.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Sonic Angel Knight, Green names are known as impostors. :ninja: