Hacking Will you still buy a 3DS if it can't be hacked?

Yes or no?

• Yes

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Possibly

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

TheTwoR's

Yay I can finally edit this thingy :D
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
HELL YES.
Btw there is no such thing as unhackable there is always a way it's just that it gets harder but it's never unhackable.
People ARE working on DSi hax.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
ill most likely handle the ds3 like i did my ps2 and might handle my xbox (no 360) somewhere around christmas, ill buy it when the price dropped or i get a cheap one used.

Then buy the games used or trade them online.

Traversal

Soooo cool!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Of course I'll buy it, I really don't hack much anyways, just once on my Wii, so I won't care if the 3DS can't be hacked.

Wombo Combo

That Ain't Falco
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To the topics question:

idontthinksov.jpg

DJ91990

Grookey Gang!
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
The 3DS does have some great games set up for the launch time, Zelda OOT3D, Star Fox 3D, Kid Icarus 3D, etc.

However I did have some problems with a past DS system of mine no thanks to customer service and repair. If CS is going to remain the same and I may have hardware problems with the system then I might just wait to get a used one for a cheaper price than a whopping $299.99USDs!

Nintendo_Chick

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DiscostewSM said:
Anyone who really wants a 3DS, but answers no because they must pirate, should probably get a job or something. It's just sad that people would use such an excuse to determine if a product is of any worth, when they shouldn't even have that option in the first place. When you pass by something you want, do you really think to yourself, "if I can't steal it, then I should keep walking"?

The excuse that a single person pirating something isn't gonna change anything is not valid, because it isn't just one person. It's literally hundreds of thousands and more. Some companies make crap games, no argument there, but why would you pirate a crap game? It's companies that spend millions of dollars and countless hours in development to bring about amazing games that are getting hit the hardest, and they can't continue spending the millions of dollars and countless hours to continue making stuff that results in low returns. That is why I think games today just don't have the high standards as they used to, even with the technology we have today.

I think Nintendo would rather me buy the console and pirate the games then not buy it at all.

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zombielove said:
Without any speculation on the possibilities.... If you definitely can't pirate games, will you still buy one?

Edit: Ok, made it into a poll.

I don't buy systems EVER for the sole purpose of pirating. In fact, pirating has never factored into whether or not I purchase a system/console/handheld or not. That would just be wrong. Sure, pirating is wrong. But getting a system knowing that you will never purchase a game for it just seems wrong to me. (And no, we don't need a hundred people replying saying "OMG PIRATING IS WRONG. HOW COULD U SAY THAT IF YOU DO THIS OR THAT?"...sigh. Please remember this isn't a pirating site).

I buy a system for other reasons. Such as what games are available, who makes it (Ninty fanboy), how much it costs, what other features it has (PS3/bluray, 360/hddvd (LOLLERS but true), DSLite/GBA_Slot, etc.). Basically, if Nintendo makes it, I'm getting it (not true on revisions, such as I never owned, or will own, a DSi/LL/XL. DSL served me true and I can't give up my slot-2.

Quincy

Your own personal guitarist :3
Trophies
Website
youtek.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
I am gonna pre-order it as soon as the EUR price has been anounced and that I am sure I can get it (With my christmas bonus, christmas money and birthday money I must be able to)

@Adr990

Konden ze bij de Eplaza een prijs aangeven?

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Nintendo_Chick said:
DiscostewSM said:
Anyone who really wants a 3DS, but answers no because they must pirate, should probably get a job or something. It's just sad that people would use such an excuse to determine if a product is of any worth, when they shouldn't even have that option in the first place. When you pass by something you want, do you really think to yourself, "if I can't steal it, then I should keep walking"?

The excuse that a single person pirating something isn't gonna change anything is not valid, because it isn't just one person. It's literally hundreds of thousands and more. Some companies make crap games, no argument there, but why would you pirate a crap game? It's companies that spend millions of dollars and countless hours in development to bring about amazing games that are getting hit the hardest, and they can't continue spending the millions of dollars and countless hours to continue making stuff that results in low returns. That is why I think games today just don't have the high standards as they used to, even with the technology we have today.

I think Nintendo would rather me buy the console and pirate the games then not buy it at all.

I very much doubt that - they get nearly all their money from game sales and they're going to struggle to fulfil demand for console units by the looks of it. Any unit bought by a pirate is just another wasted console that could have gone to someone that would buy games.

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DJ91990 said:
The 3DS does have some great games set up for the launch time, Zelda OOT3D, Star Fox 3D, Kid Icarus 3D, etc.
However I did have some problems with a past DS system of mine no thanks to customer service and repair. If CS is going to remain the same and I may have hardware problems with the system then I might just wait to get a used one for a cheaper price than a whopping $299.99USDs!
Midna said:
¥25 000 =/= $300
Maybe in direct conversions, but not in the real market.

If you want to talk about price, go to here ---> http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=258...15&start=15

http://www.x-rates.com/d/JPY/USD/hist2006.html >>>>>>> Exchange rate when Wii was released at 2006.
http://www.x-rates.com/d/JPY/USD/graph120.html >>>>>> Exchange rate now.

My guess is that by March exchange rate will be something like 78 Yen:1 US dollar.

I also did some calculations when Wii was released in US. Wii was announced at the same price, 25,000 Yen. Using exchange rate from above however,

25,000 / 117.288 = $213.15 US dollars. Yet Nintendo of America charged $249.99 at launch. Something to think about. Let's not forget that Japanese price already included the necessary sales tax, US does not include sales tax in it.

It means that Nintendo of America is more likely to charge 3DS $270 for the least. $300 for base price is quite a possibility. In fact $350 is what I'm predicting now.

Also see this -----> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wii_launch. It covers price details when Wii was launch. Expect Nintendo to follow this pattern.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
arpeejajo said:
I picked possibly. There would have to be a few games that I`d like a lot in order for me to buy it.
You have seen the game lineup, right? And out of all that, there's still not even "a few" that you like a lot?

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Buy first, hack later. Mask of Miracle, Layton vs Wright, and Kingdom Hearts 3D have me 100% sold on the 3DS. Hackability is just a bonus. For Nintendo's sake, I hope it's unhackable.

Will likely get a 3DS Christmas 2011 (wish Nintendo would've pushed it for this Christmas
frown.gif
). Depending on how much money flows my way between my birthday this month and Christmas, I might get one at launch.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzmdrobXH34