Will you buy the "Switch 2" at launch?

green_grass123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I will buy it with one game because launch models are the ones most likely to become hackable in the future. The one game is so I can at least experience playing it before locking it away for a few years.

MFDC12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably the first nintendo console or handheld I won't get at launch day since the OG 3ds, honestly. I couldn't be less excited about it, and would probably wait for the first game I care about to come along

CyberPal69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I already have a $100 gift card for Nintendo put away for this. My plan is to pre-order and buy the console. Then I will buy one physical game that I really want (probably a Nintendo 1st party title) and buy an inexpensive digital game. I will then take the console offline until it is hacked and the bugs are worked out. I have a sizeable Switch backlog that will keep me entertained for a long time while I wait on the new console to get hacked, tested, and stabilized.

Reactions: JustABadger

JustABadger

Trophies
Website
badgerbadger.neocities.org
XP
Country
Antarctica
At this point in time, the only things that would make me buy the Switch 2 are:

- Exclusives
- One very tempting gimmick

The Switch’s gimmick was real gaming on the go and that was fine for 2017. It was fine all the way up to 2021. Then better competition came out. The exclusives are cool, but not that essential for me. Mario Wonder is a great game, but I would never buy a whole console for a single 2D platform game. For me, the Switch exists in my household simply for the gimmick. It’s why it’s under a foot of dust right now, with better handhelds that came out.

And speaking of handhelds, I’m an adult with disposable income, so I have a GPD 4. Can Nintendo do better with the switch 2 with a toy price tag? Definitely not. They need a new gimmick.

I can wait for cool exclusive games, but if they have a gimmick no one else can offer, I’m all for getting it on day one, even if the only available title at the time is Donkey Kong NES or something. Having a limited imagination, I can only think about a console based entirely around augmented reality and for that I would definitely throw money at Nintendo until someone else makes a $3000 version of the same thing.

Higher performance alone won’t make me budge because I already preordered a PS5 Pro.

ciro64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
My Nintendo fanboy spirit wore off. Consoles are expensive here and I'd rather use my money for other things. And wait for an emulator. In the meantime I think my Switch 1 is gonna do.

There would need to be some pretty damn good exclusives to make me want otherwise.

M7L7NK7

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I wasn't interested in a Switch til Fusee was announced, with the security they have now doubt there will even be an exploit for Switch 2 so probably gonna pass on it

elm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
YES :switch:

I’ve bought ‘almost’ every Nintendo console and Handheld at launch
(*except The original NES & Original Gameboy)

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, one of my biggest financial goals since I started making semi-regular money in 2023 is to buy a Switch. With Switch 2 on the horizon, I may as well wait, but the good thing is that I can afford the console on launch day.

JeepX87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I will with few games and will be offline until it gets hacked.

I'm worried that save sharing community would be much dead since Switch saves aren't much livable, especially third party games, so DS and lesser extent, 3DS were very livable, compared to Switch.

Also for cheats, likely much less cheats because of dispute with between authors and accuse someone of steal the code, also heartless thieves to use for financial gain, so authors have enough with those.

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have like 300+ dollars in Microsoft reward points, which I plan to either use on a Switch 2 or a new GPU. Originally I planned to use it to help buy an Xbox Series X, but I changed my mind, since I have a gaming PC. I'll probably wait a bit though, because I feel no need to rush out to buy a new GPU or Switch 2. Maybe if Fidelity gives free 200 dollars again, I might rush to get a Switch 2. :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.kohls.com/product/prd-6887320/woof-hot-dog-costume.jsp?prdPV=1 Ohio DIY +1