Will Pokémon B/W/B2/W2 and games like that ever be playable with TwilightMenu++?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Darweon, Apr 7, 2019.

1. Darweon
    OP

Darweon Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 7, 2019
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    I don't know if I should be posting this here or not (this is my first time writing on GBAtempt), but I was just wondering, will TwilightMenu/TWLoader (I don't know the difference) ever be able to make more games (such as Pokémon B/W/B2/W2, Ōkamiden etc.) playable? I've tried to play both Pokémon Black and Ōkamiden, and both games just stayed at a white screen. I found out that that means they're probably incompatible, and I saw a lot of people mention that Gen 5 Pokémon games aren't compatible, so I wanted to know will they ever be. I can't buy the cartridges since I live in a country in which the only known console is the PS line, and I can't buy R4 cards since the shipping costs more than the actual cards.

P.S. I have AP Patched all of my roms, so that isn't the problem.

2. Dracari

Dracari GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Apr 5, 2009
    United States
    TWLoader is the outdated and Not recommended version of TwiLightMenu++,and i though i actually had Black & W running myself at one point in NDS-Bootstrap's development, i'll make sure my own copies are AP Patched and try the latest Nightly NDS-Bootstrap, but im sure they ran at one point.

3. Fusion Luigi

Fusion Luigi Pun Master/Loser

Feb 11, 2016
    United States
    Warp Zone
    Pokemon Black and Black 2 ran fine but then again, I haven't used TwiLightMenu++ in quite a while. I will use it again since those don't run on my r4.

GilgameshArcher likes this.
  4. Robz8

Robz8 Coolest of TWL

pip Developer
    Oct 1, 2010
    United States
    They still work using TWLMenu++. Just don't run them in DSi mode.

5. Darweon
    OP

Darweon Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 7, 2019
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Okay, I've done that, I set it to DS mode and the white screen is gone. But, now there's a black screen even though I hear the sound.

Last edited by Darweon, Apr 7, 2019
  6. Robz8

Robz8 Coolest of TWL

pip Developer
    Oct 1, 2010
    United States
    Are you sure the ROMs are AP-patched?

7. Darweon
    OP

Darweon Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 7, 2019
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Yup.

8. Darweon
    OP

Darweon Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 7, 2019
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    I did it! I just downloaded an already patched rom and it worked! Thank you.

P.S. Sorry for the three "Yups", my PC was acting weird.

Robz8 likes this.
  9. lordcrew27

lordcrew27 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 9, 2018
    Philippines
    Pokemon HG/SS needs ap patch to work too. Had to patch them manually but I just hate the resolution Twilight Plays them(I dont know maybe because I owned a DSi XL before owning a 3ds?) Does the same go for you, On the resolution part I mean. Dang I really regret selling my DSi XL along with my r4 at such cheap price

10. I7boom

I7boom Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 10, 2019
    United States
    Hi I’m also having a issue with Pokémon conquest seem like it’s doesnt work it has been AP patch and I also try the euro version too but it keep showing the white screen

11. Robz8

Robz8 Coolest of TWL

pip Developer
    Oct 1, 2010
    United States
    Run the game in DS mode.
    The only reason why it white screens, is that it's either set to run in DSi mode, or if the ROM isn't AP-patched.

Last edited by Robz8, Apr 10, 2019
  12. I7boom

I7boom Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 10, 2019
    United States
    I just did what you said and it’s still white screen thank you for reply is there anyway to fix the problem

13. Robz8

Robz8 Coolest of TWL

pip Developer
    Oct 1, 2010
    United States
    AP-patch the ROM using DS-Scene ROM Tool.

14. I7boom

I7boom Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 10, 2019
    United States
    Yeah i did ap patch the rom and run in ds rom like you told me but it still white screen same thing happen with Pokémon black 2 other games work fine don’t know what to do

15. Robz8

Robz8 Coolest of TWL

pip Developer
    Oct 1, 2010
    United States
    Are you on the latest nds-bootstrap version?

16. I7boom

I7boom Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 10, 2019
    United States
    I think so I installed the latest twilight menu ++ and twilight updated Do I have to download nds bootstrap spepately or the one in twilight is good enough

17. I7boom

I7boom Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 10, 2019
    United States
    Nvm I think is work now thank you so much for replying don’t know what I did to get it work

18. Aleem

Aleem Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 15, 2019
    United Kingdom
    ok im gonna be honest im kinda a noob and dont know what 'ds mode' is can someone pls help me

19. Dartz150

Dartz150 Hat Gurl Official Fan™

May 5, 2010
    Mexico
    Under your bed
    You need to press Y when selecting a game, then, in the subscreen you will see a list with options, and one has a label called "Run in", there you should change the default value to "DS Mode", exit, then boot your game.

GilgameshArcher likes this.
  20. Aleem

Aleem Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 15, 2019
    United Kingdom
    oh ok its working now thx!

Dartz150 likes this.
  21. flarelink

flarelink Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 23, 2019
    United States
    Quick question, I used the pokemon randomizer on pokemon white and the game is running fine except for the fact that my pokemon aren't gaining experience. Is there a way to fix this?

22. ThoD

ThoD GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"

Sep 8, 2017
    Greece
    Randomizing either messed up with the experience yields or with experience groups, which can cause issues. Besides that it might not be AP patched properly since sometimes randomizing may change the AP patch values, effectively disabling part of it.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted