Will O Wisp Translation

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by KikiaHirigoushi, Jul 15, 2010.

Jul 15, 2010

Will O Wisp Translation by KikiaHirigoushi at 3:30 AM (21,625 Views / 0 Likes) 31 replies

1. KikiaHirigoushi
    OP

Newcomer KikiaHirigoushi Newbie

United States
    I was looking at the net for a will o wisp translation and apparently some brave soul is attempting to do it with computer translators only!! So in hopes of helping this heroic and amazing person I ask you guys who are the gods of translation to go and help her out or at least help support her. Please please please!

Here's the link to the website!
    http://blog.leetneet.com/?p=91

Will O Wisp
    Discription: Hana is a young woman living alone in a London home with her living doll maid Emily. Her grandfather was a very well known maker of these dolls, and dolls of all sorts, and she is also a novice doll maker. She discovers two old keys among his belongings. One opens the door to a basement workshop area, where she finds a large black coffin. Inside, she discovers the living-doll Will. The other key is his, and she then winds him up.
    The story then follows Hana as she encounters other living dolls like Will, Hobblrdy, Gyl, Ignis and Jack. She learns about their past and current lives, and about a mysterious way in which these dolls can become human.Hanna is a young woman living alone in a London home with her living doll maid Emily. Her grandfather was a very well known maker of these dolls, and dolls of all sorts, and she is also a novice doll maker. She discovers two old keys among his belongings. One opens the door to a basement workshop area, where she finds a large black coffin. Inside, she discovers the living-doll Will. The other key is his, and she then winds him up.

Screentshots :
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    (Don't they look smexy???

Video:

2. hoshinana

Newcomer hoshinana Newbie

Canada
    OH MY~ THIS IS GREAT [​IMG]
    I hope she gets a lot of help... It's a shame that I can't do anything TT^TT

3. blood_lust

Newcomer blood_lust Member

Philippines
    computer translators? ugh. I know I shouldn't be complaining, I selfishly use my japanese for myself but I played Will O Wisp and there were some difficult terms. This game would really be impossible to get a decent translation with google translate.

4. Inori

Member Inori GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    URGHHH....

I wanted to do this game after TMGS1 & TMGS2

5. bahamut920

Member bahamut920 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Sounds like. "Computer Translator" sounds like an alternate for "machine translation" which essentially means Google Translate or Babelfish.

Added to the Translation Index.

6. Phoenix Goddess

Member Phoenix Goddess The Ninja's Protégée

United States
    Eeeeh... ugh... computer translation... I'll probably do my own translation after I'm done with GS2 and GS3, sorry, I''m just a perfectionist [​IMG]

7. miss_DSlite

Member miss_DSlite GBAtemp Regular

United States
    never seen this game gonna try it out

8. jjjewel

Member jjjewel GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    I think the one who started this project already dropped it. Unfortunately.

I tried the patch and it wasn't too bad considered he/she used machine translation. Just some improvement on text layout (I mean the line break, spaces, etc. in the scripts) would make it look nicer. And I think from some of the posts in the project's website, someone already offered to help with grammar/spelling checking. So it's quite unfortunate that the project was dropped. After all, translating Otome game isn't something easy and we still lack of people who really can and have time to do it. So it's pretty nice to have more people attempting to translate some more games. [​IMG]

9. Phoenix Goddess

United States

You're right, but Inori and I were planning on translating this game after we're done with GS2 and GS3, but i don't think people are that patient :/

10. Inori

Member Inori GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    That is unfortunate, but I think it`s for the best. You can only go so far with a machine translator. I find that most tend to ignore the subtle differences in grammatical structures which could affect gameplay. That and they don`t seem to have a good track record when it comes to slang.

Anyway, I`ve played the actual game and it`s quite short. It`s got lots of text, but still quite short. You could probably finish it within 3 - 4 days, or 2 if you`re super dedicated don`t ask me how I know. So there`s a chance it could be squeezed between GS2 and GS3, depending on what happens with the hacking side of things for GS3

11. Phoenix Goddess

United States
    Hahahaaha, that's amazing Inori XD

Well if the game isn't that long, I could possibly fit it in, but I'll ask Noitora what he can do for me tool wise. Don't forget I still want to translate Fushigi Yuugi, but that can wait until GS3 is finished(or if it has to be put on halt)

12. Fel

Member Fel GBAtemp's Adventurer

Czech Republic
    I will always love to play this game, so I'll wait. [​IMG]

13. Phoenix Goddess

United States

You're in luck, I owe someone a translation of this.
    Isn't that right, Inori?
    It won't be until GS2 is near completion or finished though.

14. kiest

Newcomer kiest Newbie

Singapore
    The blog is down as of 07/10/10 but I've only read about this translation patch now >.< So..is there any kind soul out there who will send it to me or upload it somewhere..pweease? [​IMG] It's hard to find otome games out here,especially one with an english patch [​IMG]

Btw,A HUGE thanks(and hugs [​IMG]) to the translators involved it this!!

15. Phoenix Goddess

United States

16. kiest

Newcomer kiest Newbie

Singapore
    Aww..(Dumb me for not seeing this thread earlier).But thanks though,always good to know this game is still being translated [​IMG] Was just hoping to please these itching hands for a while lol [​IMG]

17. Phoenix Goddess

United States
    You can always try jjjewel's TMGS1, it's an otome game that's fully translated [​IMG]

18. kiest

Newcomer kiest Newbie

Singapore
    Yup,I'm just waiting for their final patch to be released so I can savour every moment lol.But I'll still be waiting/hoping patiently for the will-o-wisp's patch.

Anyways,Thank you pheonixgoddess-san! [​IMG]

19. Phoenix Goddess

United States
    No problem!
    I think the final patch is just typos and errors fixed.

20. akamepi

Newcomer akamepi Newbie

Indonesia