ROM Hack Will O Wisp Translation

KikiaHirigoushi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was looking at the net for a will o wisp translation and apparently some brave soul is attempting to do it with computer translators only!! So in hopes of helping this heroic and amazing person I ask you guys who are the gods of translation to go and help her out or at least help support her. Please please please!

Here's the link to the website!
http://blog.leetneet.com/?p=91

Will O Wisp
Discription: Hana is a young woman living alone in a London home with her living doll maid Emily. Her grandfather was a very well known maker of these dolls, and dolls of all sorts, and she is also a novice doll maker. She discovers two old keys among his belongings. One opens the door to a basement workshop area, where she finds a large black coffin. Inside, she discovers the living-doll Will. The other key is his, and she then winds him up.
The story then follows Hana as she encounters other living dolls like Will, Hobblrdy, Gyl, Ignis and Jack. She learns about their past and current lives, and about a mysterious way in which these dolls can become human.Hanna is a young woman living alone in a London home with her living doll maid Emily. Her grandfather was a very well known maker of these dolls, and dolls of all sorts, and she is also a novice doll maker. She discovers two old keys among his belongings. One opens the door to a basement workshop area, where she finds a large black coffin. Inside, she discovers the living-doll Will. The other key is his, and she then winds him up.

Screentshots :
s01.jpg

will-o-wisp-portable-7.jpg

(Don't they look smexy???

Video:

blood_lust

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
computer translators? ugh. I know I shouldn't be complaining, I selfishly use my japanese for myself but I played Will O Wisp and there were some difficult terms. This game would really be impossible to get a decent translation with google translate.

jjjewel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the one who started this project already dropped it. Unfortunately.

I tried the patch and it wasn't too bad considered he/she used machine translation. Just some improvement on text layout (I mean the line break, spaces, etc. in the scripts) would make it look nicer. And I think from some of the posts in the project's website, someone already offered to help with grammar/spelling checking. So it's quite unfortunate that the project was dropped. After all, translating Otome game isn't something easy and we still lack of people who really can and have time to do it. So it's pretty nice to have more people attempting to translate some more games.
happy.gif

• Sad
Reactions: HinaNaru Cutie

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jjjewel said:
I think the one who started this project already dropped it. Unfortunately.

I tried the patch and it wasn't too bad considered he/she used machine translation. Just some improvement on text layout (I mean the line break, spaces, etc. in the scripts) would make it look nicer. And I think from some of the posts in the project's website, someone already offered to help with grammar/spelling checking. So it's quite unfortunate that the project was dropped. After all, translating Otome game isn't something easy and we still lack of people who really can and have time to do it. So it's pretty nice to have more people attempting to translate some more games.
happy.gif

You're right, but Inori and I were planning on translating this game after we're done with GS2 and GS3, but i don't think people are that patient :/

Inori

Trophies
Website
gokusaishiki.wordpress.com
XP
Country
That is unfortunate, but I think it`s for the best. You can only go so far with a machine translator. I find that most tend to ignore the subtle differences in grammatical structures which could affect gameplay. That and they don`t seem to have a good track record when it comes to slang.

Anyway, I`ve played the actual game and it`s quite short. It`s got lots of text, but still quite short. You could probably finish it within 3 - 4 days, or 2 if you`re super dedicated don`t ask me how I know. So there`s a chance it could be squeezed between GS2 and GS3, depending on what happens with the hacking side of things for GS3

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hahahaaha, that's amazing Inori XD

Well if the game isn't that long, I could possibly fit it in, but I'll ask Noitora what he can do for me tool wise. Don't forget I still want to translate Fushigi Yuugi, but that can wait until GS3 is finished(or if it has to be put on halt)

kiest

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
The blog is down as of 07/10/10 but I've only read about this translation patch now >.< So..is there any kind soul out there who will send it to me or upload it somewhere..pweease?
wub.gif
It's hard to find otome games out here,especially one with an english patch
gbasp.gif

Btw,A HUGE thanks(and hugs
tongue.gif
) to the translators involved it this!!

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kiest said:
The blog is down as of 07/10/10 but I've only read about this translation patch now >.< So..is there any kind soul out there who will send it to me or upload it somewhere..pweease?
wub.gif
gbasp.gif

tongue.gif

kiest

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
phoenixgoddess27 said:
Patches are allowed, but she quit the project, so I'm not sure where you can find the patch.
You could wait a little bit, that's when an actual translation of the game will be started
smile.gif

Aww..(Dumb me for not seeing this thread earlier).But thanks though,always good to know this game is still being translated
biggrin.gif
Was just hoping to please these itching hands for a while lol
happy.gif

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kiest said:
Aww..(Dumb me for not seeing this thread earlier).But thanks though,always good to know this game is still being translated
biggrin.gif
Was just hoping to please these itching hands for a while lol
happy.gif
You can always try jjjewel's TMGS1, it's an otome game that's fully translated
smile.gif

kiest

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
phoenixgoddess27 said:
smile.gif

Yup,I'm just waiting for their final patch to be released so I can savour every moment lol.But I'll still be waiting/hoping patiently for the will-o-wisp's patch.

Anyways,Thank you pheonixgoddess-san!
wub.gif

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kiest said:
phoenixgoddess27 said:
smile.gif

Yup,I'm just waiting for their final patch to be released so I can savour every moment lol.But I'll still be waiting/hoping patiently for the will-o-wisp's patch.

Anyways,Thank you pheonixgoddess-san!
wub.gif

No problem!
I think the final patch is just typos and errors fixed.

akamepi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
kiest said:
wub.gif
gbasp.gif

tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Hold that tiger lol