Will my New 3DS with Luma3DS and A9LH work properly after deleting PlaiSysUpdater and TinyFormat?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by szymon170, Jul 16, 2016.

1. szymon170
    OP

szymon170 Pr0FessiuNal HelPeR wiTh HaxXX

Jan 2, 2016
    Poland
    Where I live
    I've went to system settings to uninstall Retroarch CIAs that I've installed and I've noticed that there still were PlaiSysUpdater and TinyFormat. I thought that they were gone because after installing A9LH I couldn't see them on my Home Screen, but when I went to 3DS software management they were still there. The weird part is that the names and icons were more black and there was an "X" sign next to their icons. I've deleted them and everything seems to be normal and everything still works, but were these apps important?

2. x_master_1234

x_master_1234 GBAtemp Regular

Feb 29, 2016
    United States
    You can delete those apps without any problem :)

3. szymon170
    OP

szymon170 Pr0FessiuNal HelPeR wiTh HaxXX

Jan 2, 2016
    Poland
    Where I live
    OK, thanks. I've thinked that they wouldn't be needed by Luma3DS and A9LH, but I'm still wondering - why were they blacked out and there was a little "X" sign near their icon...

4. hibachib

hibachib Member

Newcomer
    May 25, 2016
    United States
    I'm not exactly sure, but I saw the same thing with a BlargSNES-derived emulated CIA of Super Metroid that I installed on my 2DS running Luma/A9LH. Must be something to do with some builds of non-official software not completely meeting up with the system's expectations or something.

5. MushGuy

MushGuy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 11, 2010
    United States
    That's because their respective tickets are deleted, much more reason to delete these apps from your system.

astronautlevel likes this.