Trophies
Website
sourceforge.net
XP
Country
France
hi guys
today Dimok commited is new changes in sources of WiiXplorer

so now, the Multilanguage Support is implemented, i have created a topic about the language files.

so you can find this thread HERE

see u on new Language Topic

micric100

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just wanted to say that this is a great program, and i am very excited for newer versions, and recommend it to everyone. thanks dimok and others working on it

razorback78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
need help here guys...i had just recently downloaded through HBBv0.3.4 the wiixplorer r23. i tried it but my HDD 500Gb could not be detected.
unsure.gif
i tried to re-install my cios202 but still it did not work. the last revision which i downloaded from HBB also before this r23 download is working fine and detects my HDD perfectly.

in addition to this, there were several times wherein the wiimote pointer disappears
blink.gif
...i tried all the other functions...so far everything is ok until i tried to open a config language file of usb loader gx...just to try out if it will open or not but a code dump was shown.

anyways at this development, stage i may say this homebrew really is very promising. tell u what guys this is a very useful application to me...thanks to dimok, tantric, neorame and the other developers for making this homebrew.
bow.gif

madtamski

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Revision 32

Remember this great piece of software is still in an early stage of development!
If gbatemp raises an issue and it's confirmed, someone should record it officially

Project Homepage
http://code.google.com/p/wiixplorer

Download R32 (contains boot.dol, meta.xml and icon.png)
http://madtamski.com/downloads/wiixplorerR32.rar

Changes: *Added on the fly directory listing like in SNES9X GX (good for SMB directories
with over 1000 files ;P)
*Fixed MP3 Volume not changing.

SomeGuy2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is awsome. keep up the good work. I tested rev32 just for a few and smb and local sd homebrew was launching without a problem. cant wait to see how it matures over time.

has anyone made a forwarder wad/channel yet?

SG

aabbccdd

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Few suggestions:

Use B button to go up a directory tree, it's annoying to scroll to the top to get to the parent directory.

Ability to select multiple directories at once for copying, - button would work just fine for that.

Otherwise this program is great, thanks.

e: Oh, and I forgot to mention: program seems to crash when opening some homebrew applications. I don't know if the fault lies in this program or the other homebrew programs I'm trying to load.

Dan_Aykroyd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I've been trying this today for the first time and I have to say that it looks awesome!!!
ohmy.gif
Kudos to everyone involved in this project!

Just to report, a couple of issues / suggestions (running R32 here):

- When cycling for mount to mount (SD -> USB -> SMB), I always get a "Failed to mount" message for the USB drive. That is because the drive connected is a full WBFS. I think that what would need to be done here is a way to skip a certain device (in that case, the USB drive) and cycle as in "SD -> SMB -> SD -> SMB -> ... etc"). If not, I always have to go and change settings everytime I jump from one device to another.

- Pretty much every write operation in the SMB fails. New folder fails, delete fails, rename fails, cut fails, copying creates a file of the name there but with trash inside, and also ends with a failed message.

- I guess that, if possible, would be great to have either a mass selection feature (to select multiple files to copy) or, even better, a pop up after "copy" that would ask where to copy those files and then start copying them there. If not, what happens now is that I browse a deep structure in the SMB to copy a bunch of WAD files. I select one file, copy it, then browse to the SD to paste it there. After pasting and finishing copying, when I go back to the SMB share, I'm "out of focus" of where I was before, so I have to swim through the folder structure again, select a file and repeat. Image if this was to copy 10 different files...
ohmy.gif

- I noticed that when cutting a file from the SD to the SD, you copy it first, delaying the whole operation until it finishes. Could you instead "rename" the file to the new destination (in C language) and avoid the whole copying-and-deleting-source? That would make it a snap (1 second) to move a file!

- I also noticed that when copying a file from SMB it's quite slow... I guess it's a limitation in the SMB libraries or something, am I correct? I only achieved like 250 KB/s with a full signal strength between the Wii and the PC

In any case, this looks very promising! Thank you very much for your work and hope my reports help you to improve the software!

Mijkael

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dan_Aykroyd said:
When cycling for mount to mount (SD -> USB -> SMB), I always get a "Failed to mount" message for the USB drive. That is because the drive connected is a full WBFS. I think that what would need to be done here is a way to skip a certain device (in that case, the USB drive) and cycle as in "SD -> SMB -> SD -> SMB -> ... etc"). If not, I always have to go and change settings everytime I jump from one device to another.

Good one, it happens to me with SMB, hopefully we could get a solution

Keep up the good work!
grog.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good deal. I love Sun chips. I also love Rye chips, and had to order some from Amazon cause can't find in stores much anymore.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking subways like that'll be $3
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is funny how they replaced the $5 foot long sub, with a 1" wide $5 foot long cookie or cinna stick, cheap asses
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They still have but it's like $10 cookies honestly not a bad deal for $5
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bidenomics
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, everything almost double nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    But I could go to Aldis and get a cookie pie for like $4
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or use your new cooking pan and make some, don't mind the Old leftover foods mixed in.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just eat plain flour around cops
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    thats Gluten abuse, they would shoot you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends on the color chart
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wheat flour has a lower chance at survival
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Isn't wheat flour the whitest of the white?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Rye would get shot at sight.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends
    img_5941-1.jpeg
    everyone mixing their flour now days
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That's whole wheat, right? Because all purpose flour is also made from wheat.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm not a flour expert I just snort it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There also is black rice flour, and its really black colored
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Bruh that's gray.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's ancientboi color
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    You need to add some activated charcoal.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've seen some that are dark dark, my wifey uses it sometimes in her bs recipes
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/1Ic2tqw_AmM?si=JprHwElZWw_oO_ii