Homebrew WiiXplorer

Shag

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use dimok's app daily, I can't imagine what it would be like not having this app. I too wanted to compile latest revisions to use but my senses kicked in and I realized that he probably has a good reason for not committing a newer rev. than 212.

Shag

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I compiled the latest revision myself, I didn't know about skydrive. I only looked at code google and the dol file there was 212.

Edit
I just looked at skydrive thanks! are all the new comits there and not google?

Thanks alot,
Shag

Wiimpathy

Trophies
XP
Country
France
No, the real project is still on googlecode and developed by dimok.
Here, it's just a compiled rev by a gbatemp's member (or a compiling bot? ;) ).

As stated by the wiixplorer's author and in this thread too, using the latest revisions may be unstable or dangerous (r212 is pretty good anyway).
Of course, everyone is free to enjoy crashes or loss of data.

Shag

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thats why I said in prev. post, he probably didn't comit a newer rev. DOL FILE on code google. For those smart enough to compile should be smart enough to back their stuff up.
Thanks dimok for an awesome utility!

Shag

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Just updated my Devkit and was able to compile rev234 successfully (after cleaning up and doing a fresh checkout) and I'm really glad to see new features added to WiiXplorer such as the ability to see and copy files from real Nand (and even delete them to brick the wii if needed :) )
@Dimok thanks for the great work and I was thinking if It would be possible to add the ability to install wads with WiiXplorer in the near future.
I made this custom icon for homebrew inspired from windows explorer, hope u like it :D
2dj99nd.png

Abz :)

Aftershock

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guys does anyone know what kind of transfer rates I could get from a samba share when using a usb-ethernet adaptor?

I love this app but currently the transfer rates are severely hampered by the wireless 802.11b/g in the Wii itself.

Aftershock

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The raw speed of the wired adaptor is barely faster than the wifi card (approx 700KB/s).

Thanks. I had heard that but countn't understand why... Its just down to some limitation with the Wii internals then, as the usb port can obviosuly support faster rates?

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
The wired adapter is an usb 1.1 device. Remember that the wii only officially started to support usb 2.0 with ios 58.
The wired ethernet adapter already existed before that.

dimok

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please use this thread to report issues still present in WiiXplorer > R212:
http://code.google.com/p/wiixplorer/issues/detail?id=530

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: [louder cricket sounds]