Hacking WiiWare/VC woes

mutinize

dazed and confused
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
~ To anyone reading this thread with an issue similar to mine, I found that switching each games NAND emulation setting from full to partial fixed the freezing issue I encountered with many WiiWare titles. Perhaps try that option if you have yet to do so ~

Hello, I've been surfing the web for some time now and all I've been getting from it has been topics regarding Wii. I am on vWii.

I cannot run certain WiiWare/VC titles off of emuNAND through USBLoaderGX. My WBFS backups work just fine, however, both are stored on different drives. Titles like F-Zero X and Cave Story loading correctly tells me there is not a significant issue with running .wads, but games like Ace Attorney 3 and Smash Bros. 64 suspend the console to a black screen requiring the power supply cord to be unplugged to reset the console.

From what I understand I need to install IOS55 to gain more compatibility with WiiWare/VC. Is this true? If so, is there a trustworthy place I can download it from? Looking through MMM I can confirm I do not have it installed. I have previously installed the IOS files needed to properly run my usb loader.

I am aware there are many threads regarding this issue, however, the ones that do not lead me to dead answers refer to Wii IOS files. They should not be interchanged, correct? I'm not even sure if IOS55 is the cause of my issues and I would like to avoid bricking vWii. Typically I test .wads in dolphin but I don't think the same can be done with what I'm trying to accomplish.

Thanks in advance, I'm really enjoying usbloader gx. Now if only priiloader was working then vWii would be set :)

USBLoaderGX is from the latest release
Wii game images ran off of a 32GB sandisk
WiiWare/VC being stored on a 2GB sd card
Emunand built by USBLoaderGX, stored on root of SD card
Have tried installing .wads by GX and ShowMiiWads with no avail

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
ATTENTION !
DO NOT INSTALL IOS ON vWII !
if you want to install IOS, it's on your WII or on your EmuNAND. if you install IOS on vWii it will brick your vWii.

From what I understand I need to install IOS 55 to gain more compatibility with ware/vc titles. Is this true?
False. This has nothing to do with the issue you are having.
You should already have IOS55 on your EmuNAND. if you don't, you can install it if you want.
If you really don't have it, it's possible that the game you are playing is relying on one of the IOS55 file, and installing it to your emuNAND could fix some games not working, but not all!

is there a trustworthy place I can download it from? Looking through MMM I can confirm I do not have it installed.
To download it, Nintendo's server can't be more trustworthy ;)
Use NUS Downloader application to download it directly from Nintendo's Update Server. use the "pack as wad" option and install it on Wii (not vWii!) with MMM then dump the WII NAND again, or on your EmuNAND with ShowMiiWads application on computer.

Your issue:
There are two emuNAND methods:
- cIOS redirection (run from realNAND)
- neek environement (all wii is in emuNAND)

USBLoaderGX is using the cIOS redirection method only, and not all games are compatible with it.
You will need to use Wiiflow and/or neek2o to get 100% compatibility (I don't know if neek2o works on WiiU+vWii).

Your issue with N64 games when using cIOS redirection EmuNAND method:
N64 games require an older cIOS (revision 17 and 19) instead of d2x cIOS.
Older cIOS CANNOT be installed on vWii.

The ONLY cIOS you can install on vWii is d2x v10.

mutinize

dazed and confused
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, I see. Thank you for the input, it is greatly appreciated. Good thing I checked here first!

Pardon my asking, but do you have any idea if USB Loader GX will have neek environment as an alternative to cIOS redirection in a future update? It is not a big issue as I can just hook up my n64 and buy the games, though I like GX much better than I do WiiFlow. I'm not saying it's bad but I find each has it's own advantages.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I would like to add support to neek2o, it's a main feature used by other loader and keeping current USBLoaderGX compatibility low.
But I miss time to work on it and test it correctly. I need some holidays..

Reactions: Hammyface

Hammyface

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am trying to run some of the games like Castelvania Rebirth on my WiiU which do not work via USB Loader GX. I have read I need to install Neek. How do I install it on the WiiU? I cannot find a guide anywhere.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: CRAZY HAMBURGER