Wiiware don't work without any DVD in drive.

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by max117, Nov 25, 2010.

Nov 25, 2010
  1. max117
    OP

Newcomer max117 Newbie

Russia
    Hi!

I've encountered a problem lately:

I've got softmodded WII with FW 4.3 and Wiikey Fusion installed.

When I try to launch a wiiware game (for example Cave Story), I get a disk error! ("An error has occured. Press the EJECT Button, remove the disc..." etc).

If I put any dvd to a dvd drive of wii (for example Smash Bros Brawl), wiiware works perfectly.

Some help would be really appreciated.

2. Hyrules

Newcomer Hyrules Member

Canada
    You know what ? I believe the problem i've been having since a couple of days with my Virtual console not running and backup loading my be similar to yours. I'm gonna try to put a dvd in the drive and see if i have the same problem as you. I also have a Wiikey fusion and FW 4.3 . If this is the case then the key is gonna bite the dust. Gonna get back to you later today.

3. max117
    OP

Newcomer max117 Newbie

Russia
    Makes sence, right?

It seems that problem is not only with Mii/Photo channels after all [​IMG]

Anyway I'm not completely satisfied with WKFusion. Thinking of changing it to some HDD solution like wode or sundriver (or wait till sun-hd arrives). It seems that WKF cardreader is some kind of faulty.

4. Hyrules

Newcomer Hyrules Member

Canada
    Quite interesting indeed. Now that we talk i'm just pretty sure that's the problem. I just eager to try that tonight. If this is the case then i'm gonna remove the wiikey from my system and run fully on usb loader. Though backup on dvd run pretty well up to now with the wiikey fusion i'm disapointed that it causes so much trouble with the rest of the system. I'm fighting to fix everything for what... 3 days now to find out that it's actually my modchip causing this... becoming not satisfied either with the modchip.

5. max117
    OP

Newcomer max117 Newbie

Russia
    Don't forget to tell about results [​IMG]

6. Hyrules

Newcomer Hyrules Member

Canada
    Dont worry, I'll keep you posted. You might be asleep when i'll post the result back as it is actually 9:30 am here and probably 6 hours later in Russia [​IMG]

7. max117
    OP

Newcomer max117 Newbie

Russia
    Thanks comrade [​IMG]

8. Hyrules

Newcomer Hyrules Member

Canada
    here you go ! My virtual console game are working perfectly with a dvd in the drive ! I'll test the usb backup now.

EDIT : HA ! Knew it ! The problem is the wiikey ! with a dvd in the drive the game are working with the usb loader.

EDIT 2: I can also confirm that removing the wiikey fixes the problem. So no more wiikey for me until the fix that bug. ahh well i think i wasted 50 bucks on a modchip...

9. max117
    OP

Newcomer max117 Newbie

Russia
    Finally we know whats exactly the problem! Wiikey team might fix this thing in upcoming FW release, but as for me, it would be better to find some hardware usb solution.

Thanks for reply!