Hacking Wiiware don't work without any DVD in drive.

max117

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Hi!

I've encountered a problem lately:

I've got softmodded WII with FW 4.3 and Wiikey Fusion installed.

When I try to launch a wiiware game (for example Cave Story), I get a disk error! ("An error has occured. Press the EJECT Button, remove the disc..." etc).

If I put any dvd to a dvd drive of wii (for example Smash Bros Brawl), wiiware works perfectly.

Some help would be really appreciated.

Hyrules

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You know what ? I believe the problem i've been having since a couple of days with my Virtual console not running and backup loading my be similar to yours. I'm gonna try to put a dvd in the drive and see if i have the same problem as you. I also have a Wiikey fusion and FW 4.3 . If this is the case then the key is gonna bite the dust. Gonna get back to you later today.

max117

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Hyrules said:
You know what ? I believe the problem i've been having since a couple of days with my Virtual console not running and backup loading my be similar to yours. I'm gonna try to put a dvd in the drive and see if i have the same problem as you. I also have a Wiikey fusion and FW 4.3 . If this is the case then the key is gonna bite the dust. Gonna get back to you later today.

BTW did some more check. ALL my backups don't work with empty dvd-drive. Even images from usb drive through usb loaders don't start.
As a solution I just put an SD card to Wiikey Fusion cardreader and everything works. If you don't have SD, you can insert dvd as well.

Seems to be the problem of Wiikey Fusion.

Look what they say with their 1.4 Update:

QUOTEThis update partially fixes an issue that causes the Mii/Photo channel to crash on some Wiis when no SD card is present. With this update, all Wiis should now work as long as a SD card or DVD is present. This will be completely resolved in the upcoming 1.5 firmware update. Various other minor bugfixes and improvements have been included in this release and we recommend that everyone upgrades.

Makes sence, right?

It seems that problem is not only with Mii/Photo channels after all
wink2.gif

Anyway I'm not completely satisfied with WKFusion. Thinking of changing it to some HDD solution like wode or sundriver (or wait till sun-hd arrives). It seems that WKF cardreader is some kind of faulty.

Hyrules

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Quite interesting indeed. Now that we talk i'm just pretty sure that's the problem. I just eager to try that tonight. If this is the case then i'm gonna remove the wiikey from my system and run fully on usb loader. Though backup on dvd run pretty well up to now with the wiikey fusion i'm disapointed that it causes so much trouble with the rest of the system. I'm fighting to fix everything for what... 3 days now to find out that it's actually my modchip causing this... becoming not satisfied either with the modchip.

max117

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Hyrules said:
Quite interesting indeed. Now that we talk i'm just pretty sure that's the problem. I just eager to try that tonight. If this is the case then i'm gonna remove the wiikey from my system and run fully on usb loader. Though backup on dvd run pretty well up to now with the wiikey fusion i'm disapointed that it causes so much trouble with the rest of the system. I'm fighting to fix everything for what... 3 days now to find out that it's actually my modchip causing this... becoming not satisfied either with the modchip.

Don't forget to tell about results
smile.gif

Hyrules

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Dont worry, I'll keep you posted. You might be asleep when i'll post the result back as it is actually 9:30 am here and probably 6 hours later in Russia
laugh.gif

Hyrules

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
here you go ! My virtual console game are working perfectly with a dvd in the drive ! I'll test the usb backup now.

EDIT : HA ! Knew it ! The problem is the wiikey ! with a dvd in the drive the game are working with the usb loader.

EDIT 2: I can also confirm that removing the wiikey fixes the problem. So no more wiikey for me until the fix that bug. ahh well i think i wasted 50 bucks on a modchip...

max117

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Finally we know whats exactly the problem! Wiikey team might fix this thing in upcoming FW release, but as for me, it would be better to find some hardware usb solution.

Thanks for reply!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.