WiiWare #0543 - Blaster Master Overdrive (USA)

Slave

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
woah looks cool
smile.gif
a metal slug vs Commando

PuyoDead

Hey! Hey! Oh!
Trophies
Website
www.flickr.com
XP
Country
United States
Installed and loaded fine on my 4.2U.

And now, allow me to freak out a little bit. HOT DAMN I'm happy to see this. The original Blaster Master is honestly one of my top 10 games ever. I played the hell out of that game, and still do occasionally. And this, oh man, this. The music alone is making me ecstatic. I'll get back to talking about, I have to get back to my Wii for now. Pardon me.

PuyoDead

Hey! Hey! Oh!
Trophies
Website
www.flickr.com
XP
Country
United States
Sure enough, this is good stuff. It retains the feel of the original, while still being a nice upgrade. Funny thing is, this almost has a Metroidvania feel to it, what with the upgrades and such. The Sophia's controls are a little stickier than the original, but it's not too bad. Jason- I mean, Alex, having multiple upgradable weapons is nice, too.

I can see how someone who hasn't played the original wouldn't get into it much. But for those that have, this is a must play.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its pretty good, fans of the original will enjoy this. It could look better though, for me either put effort into how it looks or go oldschool like capcom did with Mega Man 8/9.

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The game looks good, though the controls seem to be hit and miss. Classic Controller support yes? I bet not dual stick contols though, would work rather well, tank and overhead.
The visual and audio upgrade is nice, though I don't like how they changed the original story.
The normal story would have worked just fine, even if it wasn't all that serious.
Cause you know, games are serious business, yup yup.

Hopefully there's some added levels and what not.

FSSimon

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
PuyoDead said:
Installed and loaded fine on my 4.2U.

And now, allow me to freak out a little bit. HOT DAMN I'm happy to see this. The original Blaster Master is honestly one of my top 10 games ever. I played the hell out of that game, and still do occasionally. And this, oh man, this. The music alone is making me ecstatic. I'll get back to talking about, I have to get back to my Wii for now. Pardon me.

Could not have said it better... Loved the nes game. Played it again last set of midnight shifts on NES/DS emulator. Love the music... The true spiritual heir to the first game. The Genesis and the PSX games were bad...

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
there's a fucking trap in this: in the 3rd stage underground cavern when you see ladders going underwater DO NOT get out and go down there. if you do and save down there YOUR FUCKED. i just deleted the game cos of that 2 hours fucking wasted!
mad.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo