Hacking WiiU VC game injection working on 5.3.2

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a GBA injection method that doesn't rely on TCPGecko without a limited ROM size, eg injecting the ROM into the Loadiine files?

TrainerAbu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does mystical ninja starring goemon work when injected with a rom OTHER than mario golf 64? I would love it if someone would try it out ^_^

supermario18

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I injected Banjo kazooie into mario kart 64, I got a weird looking rom selector or something. Fortunately, I managed to get banjo kazooie running. Is the rom selector supposed to happen normally when injecting n64 roms using Loadiine?

SlimPortable

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does mystical ninja starring goemon work when injected with a rom OTHER than mario golf 64? I would love it if someone would try it out ^_^
Going off previous posts it doesn't sound like the base ROM makes a difference. Unless you got a weird import title like Sin & Punishment.

NightsOwl

Pays For Avatar Art (For some reason)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm. I'm wondering if Super Mario 64 Hacks like Star Road/Super Donkey Kong 64 will ever work this way.

As far as I know the reason they never have worked on Flashcarts was 8KB saves needing to be enabled instead of whatever is the default?

I also wonder if they'd need a custom .INI

supermario18

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I was actually wondering too if you could inject SM64 ROM Hacks like SM64: Chaos Edition, SM64 Multiplayer, and Super Sonic 64. Their likely going to use the same .ini file as Super Mario 64.

Last edited by supermario18,

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hmm. I'm wondering if Super Mario 64 Hacks like Star Road/Super Donkey Kong 64 will ever work this way.

As far as I know the reason they never have worked on Flashcarts was 8KB saves needing to be enabled instead of whatever is the default?

I also wonder if they'd need a custom .INI
Yeah, I was actually wondering too if you could inject SM64 ROM Hacks like SM64: Chaos Edition, SM64 Multiplayer, and Super Sonic 64. Their likely going to use the same .ini file as Super Mario 64.
Do those games modify the RAM of the game in any way?
If they do then I don't think the .ini might work.
For what I've seen, I think the .ini files refer to values found in the RAM of the game when booted up, so they might not work.

It's worth the try though.

NightsOwl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do those games modify the RAM of the game in any way?
If they do then I don't think the .ini might work.
For what I've seen, I think the .ini files refer to values found in the RAM of the game when booted up, so they might not work.

It's worth the try though.
That's something I wouldn't know for a fact, but I'd assume so, considering they are almost complete conversions of Super Mario 64. New Levels, Multiple ASM hacks, and custom music all seem like things that would probably change a lot of the RAM.

I'm completely new to the N64 Injecting thing for Wii U but I'm assuming without an INI that matches up with the ROM it wont ever boot?

NightsOwl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So from looking around and gathering info about good games to attempt injects into, I'll try Super Mario 64, DK64, and Sin and Punishment. I'll report back here and post how well injecting SM64:Star Road goes in a few hours.

Here's hoping it works.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
So from looking around and gathering info about good games to attempt injects into, I'll try Super Mario 64, DK64, and Sin and Punishment. I'll report back here and post how well injecting SM64:Star Road goes in a few hours.

Here's hoping it works.
I already tried Star Road, the game crash after the intro logo.

SlimPortable

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So a new Zelda DS VC game is releasing on the eShop tomorrow. Is DS ROM injection like N64 where the base doesn't matter too much, or would it be a good idea to wait for the Zelda DS game coming out tomorrow before buying a game to dump? Was planning on getting one of the two Brain Age games on the eShop since they're the cheapest.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
So a new Zelda DS VC game is releasing on the eShop tomorrow. Is DS ROM injection like N64 where the base doesn't matter too much, or would it be a good idea to wait for the Zelda DS game coming out tomorrow before buying a game to dump? Was planning on getting one of the two Brain Age games on the eShop since they're the cheapest.
Interesting. I might buy it and dump it for injection purpose.
The close lid wouldn't be a problem anymore.

NightsOwl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well guys I finally did what I said I would. Here's the results of trying "Super Mario 64: Star Road" injected into the 3 (Seemingly) most effective bases.

Super Mario 64: Boots to Title - Proceeds to Crash afterwards
Sin and Punishment (Original Ini): Flat-out Crash - Whole System
Sin and Punishment (SM64 Ini): Boots to Title - Proceeds to Crash System
Donkey Kong 64 (Original Ini): Weirdly Crashes, but only Emulator, not System - No Title Screen
Donkey Kong 64 (SM64 Ini): Weirdly Crashes, but only Emulator, not System - No Title Screen

Some close chances but it never booted to the file select screen no matter what. I doubt it's possible.

As far as I know there's no game that uses a newer emulator than S&P, so I guess this pretty much confirms any MAJOR SM64 hack seems to result in a crash, if this is anything to go off of.

I may try another major SM64 hack just to see any differences, but I doubt it'll change anything.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Yawn