Hacking WiiU VC game injection working on 5.3.2

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Style Savvy isn't that great. Renderscale is disabled and there's this default filter on in addition to the one you can turn on with clicking the right stick. It looks terrible.

RenderScale doesn't matter to me, the DS is low-res as it is. The filter can probably be disabled with an assembly hack/hex edit. I'll investigate Phantom Hourglass later to see if it's better though.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DS injection works by simply replacing the rom.zip with another DS game in .zip?
Isn't there an RPX file you still need to use as a base though, for DS games? I thought it was that and an RPX file?

Edit: Yeah, just looked, in code there's an RPX file but in content/010/ is the ROM.zip.

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Isn't there an RPX file you still need to use as a base though, for DS games? I thought it was that and an RPX file?

Edit: Yeah, just looked, in code there's an RPX file but in content/010/ is the ROM.zip.

There is, and as time has gone on, Nintendo's been improving the emulator (leaving opinions of renderscale and filtering aside).

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

Yeah but I'm wondering if DS injection is as simple as replacing the rom.zip with that of another game?
Also, where is the fold option located? The one that simulated closing down the DS?

Last question, does Phantom Hourglass have RenderScale = 2 working or not? D:

TheLittlestBowl

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Fold option is right under Renderscale and pixelartscale in Style Savvy. And yes, you just put a rom in rom.zip. I rename it to what's in there just to be sure but you probably don't even need to do that.

Reactions: ShadowOne333

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
It should since it's required to progress the game. Unless you grabbed a custom VC. Pretty sure the ones on *cough* "that site" are all customs.
Is it really? I played a bit yesterday, and I did not see it. At when moment does it occur?

michelthemaster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey guys, do someone know if there have been allready a inject for N64 VC and the starcraft64 game? I would love to play this old masterpiece on my gamepad :-)

Greetz

Micha

TheLittlestBowl

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is it really? I played a bit yesterday, and I did not see it. At when moment does it occur?

There's a puzzle where you have to close the lid to transfer a stamp onto your map, i'm not sure how far that's into the game. There's also a puzzle where you have to blow on the mic to get dust off your map.

Last edited by TheLittlestBowl,
Reactions: VinsCool

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah but I'm wondering if DS injection is as simple as replacing the rom.zip with that of another game?
Also, where is the fold option located? The one that simulated closing down the DS?

Last question, does Phantom Hourglass have RenderScale = 2 working or not? D:

No idea, I've never messed with DS games other than using ROM zip files, sorry I can't be of more help -_-

There is, and as time has gone on, Nintendo's been improving the emulator (leaving opinions of renderscale and filtering aside).

Don't have a dump of the game though, so I can't really test new emulation, and I don't want to spend nine dollars on a sub par Zelda game just to dump it, so IDK yet.

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
No idea, I've never messed with DS games other than using ROM zip files, sorry I can't be of more help -_-

Don't have a dump of the game though, so I can't really test new emulation, and I don't want to spend nine dollars on a sub par Zelda game just to dump it, so IDK yet.
Dont worry. I did

Reactions: the_randomizer

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Does the Phantom Hourglass dump contain the Close lid option, and does it have RenderScale=2 and PixelArtUpscaler=1 options working?
No idea. Where is rhe close lid option? I can't test until I get back from work at 5pm EST

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
No idea. Where is rhe close lid option? I can't test until I get back from work at 5pm EST
well obviosuly it has it but like i said all later VC releases have that option so you jsut need to enable it lol.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It's supposedly near the end of the configuration_cafe.json, near the RenderScale and those options.
that option on the original zelda dump is already set so no need to edit the config file ...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: uwu