Molock

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello :)
I've repaired a switch by changing the M92 (no charging problem, only this, not reballed or other thing done on it).
The switch goes back to life and charge ok.

While using, the battery is in good condition and is alive for about 2h10 in Zelda BOTW game.
But, once the switch is put in sleep mode by pressing the power button one time, the battery continue to drain and the CPU stay "hot" (not very hot like in a game but not cold too....)
The battery drains from 100% to 0% in approximatively 13~14 hours.

Anyone knows what i can check or SMC to change to stop this problem ?

Molock

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I've tried with another battery just after posting, same problem.
I'll try to replace the M92 again (must found a good one in a donor card, the last new was soldered on the switch i've got a problem)
Post automatically merged:

I've found a good one, and tested it on a switch i know is good.
I've soldered it on the switch i've got this problem and it's the same.
I powered on the switch, and put it to sleep after boot. Battery was at 59%
I've checked after 10m, battery dropped to 57% and after 15 min, dropped to 56%. So, problem is not the M92T :-/
Post automatically merged:

CPU stays at 42°C in sleep mode.

Last edited by Molock,

runwave87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had this issue with a switch lite after SX lite install. I verified the switch was draining because of Wi-Fi by putting it into airplane mode and letting it sit for a few hours. It only drained 1-2% in airplane mode vs 15-20% with Wi-Fi on/connected. I deleted all known Wi-Fi connections, left Wi-Fi on, let it sit for a few hours and it only drained 3-4%. Hekate reported the battery capacity was good. I had to do a full system reinitialization (deleting everything), the partial didn't work. Hope this works for you.

Molock

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi and thanks for your response. I've alreday tried wifi connexion off with airplane mode and no luck to resolve the problem.

Molock

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I've noticed like another subject similar than if the switch is connected thrue USB cable, my computer make the connected/disconnected sound every 1 or 2 seconds, and all the time the switch is in sleep mode. Once i press the power button on the console, the PC stop making the sound, only the "connected" sound.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've noticed like another subject similar than if the switch is connected thrue USB cable, my computer make the connected/disconnected sound every 1 or 2 seconds, and all the time the switch is in sleep mode. Once i press the power button on the console, the PC stop making the sound, only the "connected" sound.

Why don't you install a modchip so you can take a look at the battery capacity since you are capable of replacing the M92.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/d9wnSq_aP-0?si=T9bdloMD2dGzvnbf