Country
NES REMIX PACK
24nlkzc.jpg

Microwave

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently updated my Wii U to 4.1.0U through the Bayonetta 1 on-disc update. I am now trying to play Mario kart 8 and it is asking for a system update even though I should be fine according to this list. Anyone know if the more recent runs of MK8 (I bought on Black Friday) have a higher firmware on the disc and if so what version? I am hoping to stay within the firmwares that can utilize the kernel exploit and want to play it safe. Thanks!!

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently updated my Wii U to 4.1.0U through the Bayonetta 1 on-disc update. I am now trying to play Mario kart 8 and it is asking for a system update even though I should be fine according to this list. Anyone know if the more recent runs of MK8 (I bought on Black Friday) have a higher firmware on the disc and if so what version? I am hoping to stay within the firmwares that can utilize the kernel exploit and want to play it safe. Thanks!!

As far as I know, yes. If I had to guess probably 5.1.0 or 5.2.0, but I don't know for sure.

Microwave

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As far as I know, yes. If I had to guess probably 5.1.0 or 5.2.0, but I don't know for sure.

Thanks for the reply. I ended up going through with the update and my MK8 disc had 5.1.2 on it for those interested. Kernel exploit is still good, I will probably just go up to 5.2.0 soon since I have Smash lying around and I'm already past the current browser exploit.

blkhockeypro19

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the reply. I ended up going through with the update and my MK8 disc had 5.1.2 on it for those interested. Kernel exploit is still good, I will probably just go up to 5.2.0 soon since I have Smash lying around and I'm already past the current browser exploit.

I had a 5.1.2 update on my MK8 disk as well. I went through with it and now system settings reports that I'm on 5.1.2. When I try to load up the game, it says I need to update and that I can't update without an internet connection. Did you experience this?

TeamScriptKiddies

Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had a 5.1.2 update on my MK8 disk as well. I went through with it and now system settings reports that I'm on 5.1.2. When I try to load up the game, it says I need to update and that I can't update without an internet connection. Did you experience this?
If you pay close attention to what the update nag is telling you, you'll see theres an option to boot the game without updating (as long as you're offline).

Unfortunately, you have to do this everytime you want to boot the game....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-