head of T3GZdev
OP
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
I was playing BlackOps2, Team Deathmatch, Hijacked map 1 night.
we were winning but suddenly i noticed some lag so i go to check the signal/bars i had 0.
suddenly the disconnected logo was flashing & the game ended, to the the black ops 2 servers were unavailable message. around 2-3 second later the screen turns black showing this.
which appears to be hex?

pictures of what the gamepad showed:
20150618_030117.jpg
20150618_030453.jpg

Pictures of what the tv showed:
20150618_030200.jpg
edited pic ov tv that should be easier to see:
20150618_030200edit.png

iv taken the time to type out all of what showed up. :P

hmm perhaps someone can use this to mod DLC on to the wiiu version of BlackOps2 lol. XD

map names:
Hijacked = mp_hijacked
Raid = mp_raid
Carrier = mp_carrier
Cargo = mp_dockside

Edit: Fixed broken links.
Edit2: seems others have reported this too. thanks Arrias.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/wiiu-new-error-bsod.372888/
https://gbatemp.net/threads/exploitable-black-ops-2-wii-u-crash.373865/

Edit3: (on a side note, not sure if related.)
around the release of Ghost WiiU maybe a day or 2 later the game was giving errors. putting in the disk & booting would crash at the activision splash & give error codes. an update fixed that. but some time after that right before the nuketown 2025 update BlackOps2 wouldn't boot at all. putting the disk in would give a disk read error. but once the nuketown 2025 update came it suddenly fixed itself? :o

Last edited by T3GZdev,
Reactions: wj44 and VinsCool

endoverend

AKA zooksman
Trophies
Website
zooksman.com
XP
Country
United States
Not sure who or where, but this crash has been brought up before in a another thread. Also, all your images are broken :P

Anyway, the conclusion there is that the crash is not reproducible enough to be reliable, and that it could just be a small serverside problem.

Reactions: T3GZdev

T3GZdev

head of T3GZdev
OP
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
The fact that the stack registers are different in this crash and the other reported ones can indicate that the crash isn't caused by anything specific.

interesting that all of these crashes happen with the same game tho. BlackOps2 WiiU.
also seems to be on different maps.

Hijacked = mp_hijacked
Raid = mp_raid
Carrier = mp_carrier
??? = mp_dockside

Last edited by T3GZdev,

BullyWiiPlaza

Nintendo Hacking <3
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Freezes keep happening once in a while but nobody really knows why. Sometimes with exception screen and sometimes without. It's probably Treyarch's fault as incompetent as they are at making functioning games. No other game ever froze for me.

Reactions: T3GZdev

FaTaL_ErRoR

AKA ŦƕƎ ƠṀƐƝ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The fact that the wii u dumps the error on screen is what I find hilarious. Most consoles just freeze but not the wii u it prints the offsets to the stack error right on screen.
I am sure once the ability to read the ram is public you'll know exactly what caused this issue. And whether or not it would lead to anything else.
But the fact it did dump to screen really seems to me that the crash was handled. Maybe not in the way a gamer would have wanted it to be.
Dumping the stack error on screen it's like they are begging for ppl to hack the console.
But after looking at this again this isn't exploitable at all. It's a disconnected from server error.....
lol 0x24d7130 jumped on worker 0 and worker 1. And flooded the stack which disconnected you from the server. So maybe if you found the address for which this was caused by then maybe (by maybe thats a huge maybe) it could lead to something.

Last edited by FaTaL_ErRoR,

Marionumber1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is not due to the way the Wii U handles crashes. Any app can register exception handlers, and they can do things like print crash dumps, which is what this game appeared to do. It's Black Ops 2's choice to do this. As for this being a viable bug, until it can be reproduced reliably and without relying on a remote server, I would say that's impossible.

Reactions: FaTaL_ErRoR

FaTaL_ErRoR

AKA ŦƕƎ ƠṀƐƝ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is not due to the way the Wii U handles crashes. Any app can register exception handlers, and they can do things like print crash dumps, which is what this game appeared to do. It's Black Ops 2's choice to do this. As for this being a viable bug, until it can be reproduced reliably and without relying on a remote server, I would say that's impossible.
Agreed, but look at row 4 in the backend. It looks like it loaded at the wrong offset. Those should have seen the same offset accross. It appears server saw x and backend heard y. Then from there everything started moving to read from the wrong offsets. It's definitely a bug but it appears to be on the server side. And without anything from the wii u memory to go off of it would be real hard to determine whether the server loaded it wrong or if the wii u called to the stack at the wrong offset. Wanna give a little clue as to how much memory dumps it would take to find this issue even if you could reproduce? ( I know it's a lot but maybe this black ops crash dump post wouldn't appear as often if you did) And I will go on to say it's damn near impossible it is to attempt to dump the correct location blindly. Taking stabs like this would more than likely take so many years that game wouldn't even be online anymore. And besides that if you were in the console enough to pull the memory would you really need this "maybe" entrypoint?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: get a used series X?