OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
WiiSX
r57, PSX Emulator for Wii
wii.gif

Emu_kidid, Sepp256 and TehPola are working on a PlayStation emulator for Nintendo Wii.

QUOTE said:
Emukidid (and acolytes) has updated its port emulator playstation pcsx on Wii, with a big novelty, the sound. The novelty still seriously optimization, so it's still very unstable.

The emulator is still far from perfect, the sound is often a crackle where you can sometimes guess the music and sound effects.

download.gif
 Download
icon11.gif
 More Info (In French)
discuss.png
Discuss

Thanks to PDRoms.de for the news.

wheatshelf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's good to report on the progress, definitely. however, i got pretty excited by the title of the post, as if major release was included. please use more accurate titles for homebrew updates. like "WiiSX now has sound." and by the way, i fully endorse all work on the WiiSX project. keep it up!

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
The Prince of Codes said:
Why cant any of you guys practice patience and wait for the offical release?

QUOTE(webyugioh @ Nov 24 2008, 02:16 AM) Is there a compatibility list anywhere for this.
I would love to try this out.

PS1 games on the wii!

Now all I need is a N64 emu
and I would be all set.

I can't wait until this get finished and works perfectly.
Great Job!

There, you got your answer.
People want to try this version, because it may take a while before a new version comes out.
They want to have compatibility lists, problems, fixes.....

Snorlax

POSTMODERNISM
Trophies
Website
postmodjoel.com
XP
Country
Don't wanna sound rude, but is it right to put an unnoficial build as news? As far as I am concerned, the publishing of builds without permission is usually looked-down-on...

Developers don't usually want builds which aren't entirely stable floating around the internets, as they can often be held liable to errors/bricks which may occur during the execution of their software.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
pertmywert said:
Don't wanna sound rude, but is it right to put an unnoficial build as news? As far as I am concerned, the publishing of builds without permission is usually looked-down-on...

Developers don't usually want builds which aren't entirely stable floating around the internets, as they can often be held liable to errors/bricks which may occur during the execution of their software.
As far as I know WiiSX is completely open source. If they didn't want this to happen they shouldn't have made it so easy to obtain it.

Also, reporting on new progress is good, but please use better topic titles.

TR88

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PlayStation 1 emulator sounds great! I am grateful for GBAtemp for actually posting reports on them, even though I will most likely wait for an official release for the emu.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The candy man can