Hacking WiiSOS apparently takes peoples stuff and calls it their own...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gullwing

homo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow and I thought that they were good guys... I hate those people that take others work and claim that they are theirs... It's like the Homebrew pack a site was selling while it was the Homebrew Channel that u could get it free... How do they ban someone that says the truth... How unprofessional for a webmaster or admin to talk like that... JERKS

Shabadage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wiisel said:
actually i want to learn Japanese for personal reasons
smile.gif

IMO nothing else is worth learning since everyone pretty much speaks English to some extent but that's neither here nor there.
In the past i have used http://www.reverso.net/ with better results.

Is distributing copyrighted content not warez then?

Dont get me wrong I'm not anti piracy or anything and actually find it funny that a pirate loader got pirated
smile.gif

My biggest problem with wiiSOS is the scrubbed all their repacks that are flooding the web instead of the pristine 1:1 scene rips they started as
smile.gif

btw its England
smile.gif

It's clear that they steal the releases and then repack them as their own. It's pissed me off since the shareware days and it still pisses me off now. Don't take credit for something you didn't do. In exploring their site, it's clear that this is standard mode of operation. There's the "A member submitted it" defense, that quickly gets thrown out the window when you look at anything on the site, as even staff submitted stuff has been stripped of any reasonable credit/links to the scene.

Yes, people pirate, but even pirates don't cut out the credits.

Joey R.

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
As you may know (and see) I'm Spanish, and I sincerely loathe that website. It's the "pirate sister" of a bigger site called "El Otro Lado" (literally, "The Other Side"). In fact, the founder is an active user in that other forum...

The thing is, they are despicable shit:

TFDELTA said:
Ya he dicho arriba que voy a hablar con Lalo3, ahora bien, me gustaría saber donde vas a encontrar las ISO de Wii y demás "estafas" además de en [aquí], ya que hoy por hoy estás baneado j.m.g.a

Literally, he's asking j.m.g.a "where will he find his Wii ISOS and other "ripoffs", besides in that site, if he's now banned". LOL, as if that site was the only place in the whole Internet that offered ISOS. *sigh*

TFDELTA

Trophies
XP
Country
Sois unos infelices, pena me dais, seguir en vuestros mundos. Without social life. Joey R. muy cobarde de tu parte decir eso, ya que es bien seguro que debes ser el clásico Troll al que le han baneado de WIISOS, ESPAL y EOL. Es decir, otro ignorante incomprendido. En cualquier caso, recuerda que siempre puedes irte al parque a comerte los mocos como el niñito de 13 años que eres
smile.gif
al igual le digo a los inglesitos de GBATemp que llevan tocando las narices al resto del mundo toda la vida

Wiisel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
TFDELTA said:
Sois unos infelices, pena me dais, seguir en vuestros mundos felizes enfermos. Without social life

rofl2.gif
rofl2.gif
rofl2.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
really?

QUOTEAll posts should be made in legible English. Do not make posts or topics in foreign languages, they are likely to be closed. We will be lenient on this rule from time to time as long as it doesn't become a habit amongst members.

dont make a habbit of it
smile.gif

Shabadage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm registered too. A large portion of us in this thread signed up for your site, I'm sure; just to see how much bullshit you were feeding us. That amount happened to be a very LARGE amount. The fact that you would abuse your admin access and post someone's IP speaks volumes about what type of person you are. I hope that WiiSOS is the only site you admin at, because with you at the helm; everyone's privacy is in question.

Shabadage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@TFDELTA - I'm registered too. A large portion of us in this thread signed up for your site, I'm sure; just to see how much bullshit you were feeding us. That amount happened to be a very LARGE amount. The fact that you would abuse your admin access and post someone's IP speaks volumes about what type of person you are. I hope that WiiSOS is the only site you admin at, because with you at the helm; everyone's privacy is in question.

@jmga remove that IP from your reply duder.

sentinel5000

Trophies
XP
Country
Incredible to see that this comes from a community that tho the launcher has been around for quite some time now they just seemed to ignore it. If you check every description of the games it NEVER shows anything like: tested on alpha, or beta, or gamma for that matter.

And now to come and just say you have a personalized gamma channel and dont give it originality is just bad, they should had at least learn to make channels and give it some personification other than just putting their name in it...

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Shabadage, I know it wasn't. It was simply mass removed and the same message got applied to everything. I've since edited the message to contain the correct reasoning. But for the record, saying "my post wasn't off-topic" is also off-topic. Sorry about the message confusion, however.

Anyways, I've taken a look through this topic, and nothing good will come of it. The content of the core topic is flamey, there are warez, flaming and topic derailement galore, and various other infractions. This is a flame war waiting to happen.

Topic closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool: Good morning!