vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
doesn't quite feel like halo.

im really sorry about it not feeling the typical halo feel but i cant change the engine its based upon try to keep in mind ALL I DID WAS PORT A PSP VERSION to the wii
wink.gif
and its all alone (I could really use the help of a vetern quake modder to get a better understanding of the file structure SO ITS NOT JUST TRIAL AND ERROR attempts to add this or that....

I am more used to Quake 3 and MD3 models so i havent tried to dick with joe's models aside from some texture changes, color changes ect...

ALSO if you find me a "better psp version" being this is based of a 2008 build i had still on my PC hdd Ill bet joe has made some real nice updates.... iLL SEE TO USING IA NEW VERSION AS THE BASIS FOR THE MOD IF SOMEONE WHO STILL HAS A PSP CAN TELL ME WHAT THE "BEST" VERSION WOULD BE? (I no longer own a PSP mine was broke months ago so i cant keep up ATM)

That been said:

I am FULLY open to changes and altering this if the masses here are interested in developing it i would LOVE a little assist
tongue.gif

We need a good solid quake mod for PC or PSP or whatever that we can build out PAK files around...I did NO CODING for this ANYONE COULD DO IT!....REALLY!

So if your interested in helping out...modding what we have further....FEEL FREE TO CONTRIBUTE! WE WELCOME ANY POSITIVE CHANGES!

Thanks for jammin out online with what we have and with the original Quake 0.6 GX by PIKO

(all the same game/server regardless of whether you use the Halo mod or Original
tongue.gif
)

QUOTEwhat i'd like to see is the q1arena (q3 style) mod implemented with this quake engine for the wii, i tried it the other week with it.. but all the motion controls where messed up..

http://www.quaketerminus.com/addon.htm (scroll down)

I know how to fix that bro
wink.gif
Use PAK EXPLORER to open the WII PAK FILES and you can extract the files you need for that motion control to come back....

I get the SAME RESULT using my CTF version of this mod....
I have been working on this mod on and off since the FIRST Q1 BUILD FOR WII WAS DROPPED November 06, 2008 is this vids post date
wink.gif

SO in order to get the FUNCTIONAL VERSION we are using now i had to remove the pak files that offered:

Grappling hook
Flags themselfs
A few Weapons
The Ability to zoom in scope on ALL "gun" weapons

So ive tooken a few TEMP losses just do to not actually KNOWING what files to mod so i spend far to much time testing as a result the development is slow
frown.gif

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bumb for help on CTF Third wave, ANYONE have an idea how to connect this wii port to third waves CTF online package?

Thanks Guys! Really wanna get CTF of some kind going with this!

jono@home

you can adjust the cursor sensitivity but not the nunchuck unfortunetly bro
frown.gif

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
i have a few times when i first started the mod he replied that he was only interested in deving his psp version...I also shared some MD3 models i had created for my Halo Dungeons mod for PSP with one of his fellow dev members over on DCemu website...

So unfortunetly that leaves a brother hangin
frown.gif
but ive contacted a few other members (contacted Boosh aka SirVoe to see if he can maybe help out...the thing is this was my FIRST TIME even messin with this engine and i just extracted and examined the PAK files...renamed, edited a few things...then put my NEW PAK files together...I know very little infact about Q1 modding so any help is gr8!

BTW ANYONE WHO GOES ONLINE BUT ONLY CAN SEE TEXT....YOUR MISSING MAPS
DOWNLOAD REQUIRED MAPS! OR YOU MAY NOT BE ABLE TO CONNECT ONLINE!
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8GIPY2XN

Just add this to Quake/ID1/Maps directory

lavamasta

Trophies
Website
swagbucks.com
XP
Country
United States
hmmm... well dont give up on that, cuz this is going to be a great mod for the wii
wink.gif
i wish i could help but im not too great at coding and stuff like that. this and mhg translation are the two things im looking forward to at the moent
smile.gif

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I never give up bro! Im a Naruto fan LMAO

all good things in good time I always say
smile.gif
We will surely find some more experianced Quake modders to help out by weeks end im putting in requests at quake planet tomorrow as well
wink.gif
Vetta is just a end user like you guys not a coder...But a modder (i like to create replay value for homebrew games) if you googled vettacossx you could see i have made a few mods on other consoles and i always finish my projects
wink.gif
often making a ton of revisions and additional replay value when i can...I dont want "credit" i want a fun game everyone can enjoy...as i have stated many times in the past i give Joe and his team FULL CREDIT for this mod because i'm just a stuborn guy who was willing to take him up on the comment "if you want it on wii you will have to port it over yourself" ...so ...I DID lol...idunno like i say im just in it for the fun! i hope someone with some REAL Q1 MOD TALENT decides to take this over and FLY WITH IT!

smile.gif
but at any rate vetta wont give up on ya guys
wink.gif

ThatDudeWithTheFood

TRIANGLEZ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everyones an end user
you can be an end user and a coder
or atleast i think that...........
hmmmmmmmmmmmm
i like pressing enter as you can see...
Maybe i could help........
depends.........
ill think about it

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
LOL well feel free to edit and distribute bro I hope that one day soon we can all be playing thirdwaves CTF with our halo BSP weapons and models and get that graplin hook back in maybe get the "zoom" back to the scope! all the files needed are already IN the paks i just didnt include them within the INI file because when i do as saw in the above video with CTF ...I loose the wii motion controls all together! Its just out of my legue ATM being very Noobish to the original quake...I have worked with models b4 i can do editing for textures ect i can do MD3 models from Q3 as well...but this is gonna need alot more than a model job LOL as you can see Pak explorer and milkshape only get me so far unfortunetly lol!

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
anyone thats on Ihoc server bro yeah
tongue.gif
just start the game (be sure you have installed the map pack from the first page) and choose MULTIPLAYER then JOIN so long as you have your wii online you should be good to play
smile.gif

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
no thats understandable bro (i seed my M.U.G.E.N on p2p so my torrent app is always running to keep the share up i can totally understand that bud
tongue.gif
its not pathetic at all home slice
biggrin.gif

EDIT: also i added a few more source links including the place i got joes mod for psp in case you guys wanna try it on your Playstation portable with Custom Firmeware by Dark Alex
wink.gif
feel free to join in on your portable units! come frag a mofo! lol

A DREAM WII VERSION WOULD BE THIS! CALLED HALO SOLITUDE!

http://www.halosolitude.com/

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i can't enter my online name in setup... from mutil player and i did what your guide said and still no luck...

EDIT: nm i found my answer i had to do it in single player mode... wtf is up with that?

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
did you try it from console? (hold minus in game to type when your in console menu...Get to console from OPTIONS bud.)

LOL console is limited on the server so no one types say.... GOD for godmode lol...its bad enough boosh is using his grapple hook on me today LMAO
sick-bastard-hor.jpg

lavamasta

Trophies
Website
swagbucks.com
XP
Country
United States
vettacossx said:
no thats understandable bro (i seed my M.U.G.E.N on p2p so my torrent app is always running to keep the share up i can totally understand that bud
tongue.gif
its not pathetic at all home slice
biggrin.gif

EDIT: also i added a few more source links including the place i got joes mod for psp in case you guys wanna try it on your Playstation portable with Custom Firmeware by Dark Alex
wink.gif
feel free to join in on your portable units! come frag a mofo! lol

A DREAM WII VERSION WOULD BE THIS! CALLED HALO SOLITUDE!

http://www.halosolitude.com/
i notified in their chatbox that we might need help on porting halo to wii if they want to help
wink.gif

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
isnt that a freakin sweet lookin project ....halo solitude looks great but i dont know if its done yet though ....I myself have been to moddb with baited breath for a release for over a year!

http://www.moddb.com/games/solitude/news/s...oject-update-22

I mean look at this picture that is what is POSSIBLE with the right people on the job! (not a "end user/modder lol
tongue.gif
)
http://www.moddb.com/games/solitude/images...shots9#imagebox

notice the textures are a little less but thats a damn convincing mod in halo solitude!

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the sever i joined has ulitamed ammo is there a way to turn that off i keep getting my ass pwned by rockets!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: hey