Hacking WiinUPro - Pro Controller to PC Gamepad

KeyPuncher

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why is it that a Wiimote doesn't require the Toshiba Bluetooth stack, but the Wii U Pro Controller does?

The Pro Controller is engineered similarly to the latest form of Wiimotes (with motion plus built inside and I believe they are the -TR model) which also had trouble connecting to other bluetooth stacks besides Toshiba's.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
The Pro Controller is engineered similarly to the latest form of Wiimotes (with motion plus built inside and I believe they are the -TR model) which also had trouble connecting to other bluetooth stacks besides Toshiba's.
But newer Wiimotes are supported by GlovePIE without requiring the Toshiba Bluetooth stack.

alessio9899

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Guys just another question,i've used succesfully the controller with 2 emulators(dolphin and pcsx2) and 1 pc game(lego lord of the ring) but when i tried to play fifa 13 i had several problems because only L stick works,ABXY are totally inverted, and all other buttons don t work,they are not recognised by the game. can you help me to configure it?

KeyPuncher

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But newer Wiimotes are supported by GlovePIE without requiring the Toshiba Bluetooth stack.

Is this what you are talking about?
If you have a Wii Remote Plus TR then GlovePIE 0.45 won’t work for you. But I made some modifications to use the new Product ID and the new Bluetooth name. I don’t know if that will be enough to make it work or not. Please test this new EXE file (you’ll need to put it with the contents of the GlovePIE 0.45 zip file too):
TestWiimotePlusTR.zip

What I know is that I haven't had any success with reading data from the Pro Controller when connected to another stack, it would always automatically disconnect itself. But I now have an idea, so I will put additional BT stack support on my to-do list.

Guys just another question,i've used succesfully the controller with 2 emulators(dolphin and pcsx2) and 1 pc game(lego lord of the ring) but when i tried to play fifa 13 i had several problems because only L stick works,ABXY are totally inverted, and all other buttons don t work,they are not recognised by the game. can you help me to configure it?

Isn't this game xinput (360 controller) supported? If the ABXY buttons are inverted simply try changing their assigned joystick button values around.

KeyPuncher

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What if i want to use it via USB?

Then you would have to be willing to open up your Pro Controller and make some soldering adjustments.
And someone would have to write code to handle the information coming in form USB.

I did just pick up a 2nd Pro Controller for $25, so I might look into this.

EDIT: Though I now see that the USB adaptor that was announced a while ago is now on ebay, so this of course would be a waste for me to do since the adaptor supports both directInput and Xinput. It's pretty cool for $22.

alessio9899

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Isn't this game xinput (360 controller) supported? If the ABXY buttons are inverted simply try changing their assigned joystick button values around.[/quote]

yes the game supports the 360 pad but during the game buttons L, R, ZR, ZL are not recognized and don't work.
this isn't a bit strange?

KeyPuncher

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's strange that it's working at all. Maybe the game minorly supports directInput controllers.
Or are you using x360ce?

baconocab

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've installed the Toshiba stack, and it is working, but for some reason, my Afterglow WUPC can't be found by it. Any idea what to do?

D

Dork

What if my onboard bluetooth doesn't support the Toshiba stack? Cause no matter what I do the "Bluetooth FRBUS" driver keeps failing to install every time.

ElYubiYubi

GBATemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Then you would have to be willing to open up your Pro Controller and make some soldering adjustments.
And someone would have to write code to handle the information coming in form USB.

I did just pick up a 2nd Pro Controller for $25, so I might look into this.

EDIT: Though I now see that the USB adaptor that was announced a while ago is now on ebay, so this of course would be a waste for me to do since the adaptor supports both directInput and Xinput. It's pretty cool for $22.
Yup. I just ordered one. Thanks!

KeyPuncher

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What if i want to use it via USB?
nope i'm not using that,the game native supports 360 pad
That's the reason, this program doesn't make your controller act like a 360 controller, just a normal directInput pc controller.

I've installed the Toshiba stack, and it is working, but for some reason, my Afterglow WUPC can't be found by it. Any idea what to do?

That's the problem V13Dweller had. I don't think it was ever resolved.

What if my onboard bluetooth doesn't support the Toshiba stack? Cause no matter what I do the "Bluetooth FRBUS" driver keeps failing to install every time.

Then you would either have to get a dongle, the usb pro controller bluetooth adaptor that was just released, or wait until I can test out my theory on how to make it work without the Toshiba Stack.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: For you @Xdqwerty https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YF1sefvrN40 +2