Hacking Wiimote sensor doesn't work after softmod

PunkDragon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

Well today I attempted to softmod a wii and all seemed to go well but now when I turn the wii on the controller doesn't register with the sensor although I can get past the first screen pressing A.

I softmodded a Wii about 4 years ago and I remember having this problem but I can't remember how I fixed it and I couldn't seem to find the answer I needed by searching so I thought I would ask here.

I basically installed the homebrew channel using Letterbomb is it? and was about to install gbx loader but this is where I'm at. Any idea's please anyone? Thanks

RCJayce

The Defender Of Tomorrow
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know, the sensor bar is only a couple of led lights, what I mean with this? I mean that it doesn't use any ios/software/driver so the softmod has nothing to do with your problem, try using some candles at let me know if that works.

mitroux

Trophies
XP
Country
Macau
i think that some wiimote (those new ones with wiimotion plus) has some kind of anti-piracy when you install wads
either change your controller or update your system to revert back to original settings and your wiimote will work again

TJSW

Trophies
XP
Country
i think that some wiimote (those new ones with wiimotion plus) has some kind of anti-piracy when you install wads
either change your controller or update your system to revert back to original settings and your wiimote will work again

Sound's like a whole load of bullshit but then again I've heard other people talking about controllers with soft modding. I can't really think why they would do it but, oh well.

OP: Get your phone and record your Wii Sensor Bar. If you see light flickering or no light's at all, buy an external Wii Sensor. If you do see lights fully on, do what mitroux said.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I haven't played my Switch n a month or so, just been playing Xbox, and just picked to play lil...