WIIMote Problems

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by AdrianPerez, Jan 8, 2015.

1. AdrianPerez
    OP

AdrianPerez Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 29, 2012
    So I recently found a Wii in my closet, from a former client of mine that gave it to me. I bought the plugs and cords you use to hook it up. Everything works fine, It works going to the main home screen with the channels but when i click on the home button where it says controller settings no pointer icon. If i go back from that menu it works again. Any solutions? To try to fix it I letterbombed it, and everything same issue. Stock and non stock. What can i do to fix it? I want to give it to my little nieces but i need to get it fixed.

Help?

2. yusuo

yusuo GBAtemp Addict

Oct 19, 2006
    The only thing I can think of is you reinstall the system menu again (update) either that or have you tried using another wiimote to see if the problem persists

3. AdrianPerez
    OP

AdrianPerez Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 29, 2012
    Official update? Wouldn't that brick it? And i've tried all three of my wii motes one regular wii mote first versions of it then the wiimote plus and then the newest version of the plus nothing. :\

4. yusuo

yusuo GBAtemp Addict

Oct 19, 2006
    Nah it wouldnt brick it, basically it would just remove the homebrew portion of it, what I would personally do is something called virginising the wii and then if you can install a fresh copy of 4.3 firmware, this will replace all the ios's as new. Mind if all you cant do is get into the controller settings i dont know what the big issue is all ive ever used that for is to turn down the volume on the damn things. But if its so much of an issue you could try that.

Also could be a calibration issue but i doubt it cause it works on the main screen just fine