Gaming WIIMote Problems

AdrianPerez

OP
Trophies
XP
So I recently found a Wii in my closet, from a former client of mine that gave it to me. I bought the plugs and cords you use to hook it up. Everything works fine, It works going to the main home screen with the channels but when i click on the home button where it says controller settings no pointer icon. If i go back from that menu it works again. Any solutions? To try to fix it I letterbombed it, and everything same issue. Stock and non stock. What can i do to fix it? I want to give it to my little nieces but i need to get it fixed.

Help?

yusuo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The only thing I can think of is you reinstall the system menu again (update) either that or have you tried using another wiimote to see if the problem persists

AdrianPerez

OP
Trophies
XP
Official update? Wouldn't that brick it? And i've tried all three of my wii motes one regular wii mote first versions of it then the wiimote plus and then the newest version of the plus nothing. :\

yusuo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Nah it wouldnt brick it, basically it would just remove the homebrew portion of it, what I would personally do is something called virginising the wii and then if you can install a fresh copy of 4.3 firmware, this will replace all the ios's as new. Mind if all you cant do is get into the controller settings i dont know what the big issue is all ive ever used that for is to turn down the volume on the damn things. But if its so much of an issue you could try that.

Also could be a calibration issue but i doubt it cause it works on the main screen just fine

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    there is a plugin that display them on the wii u menu, pretty sure it is enabled by default
  • crafthp434 @ crafthp434:
    so like it doesnt exist
    yeah
    ?
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    it doesn't exist, at least not for aroma
    ohhhhh
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    on tiramisu you can access it by opening mii maker
    okay
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I don't have a wii u anymore to test it myself, but if homebrews are not visible on the wii u menu I think you can press L + R + minus to open the plugin menu, there should be an option called "homebrews on wii u menu" or something similar
    nope
    it is L+dpad down+ select
    but homebrew is appearing in the home menu btw
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    yes, now I remember it
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    then it is working, I also don't like that they did this but it is the only option you have if you are using aroma
    i just didint know the homebrew launcher didint exist in aroma
    thanks btw
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Im downloading fallout 3 goty edition
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm downloading more ram for my hamster pc
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    New hamster PC, with anal operation and BT connectivity!
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, How do I make enemies respawn on gdevelop after
    the player dies?
    Carrying a PC or phone is so old school!
    Squeeze your cheeks twice to answer calls!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty you can use a "spawner" function on any object.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or when your player dies, you can say in code, if enemy exists, do nothing, but if enemy does not exist, then create enemy at certain spot. (This would be a pain tho for lots of emeies)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Easiest, simple way would be just restart scene, but player would restart from beginning.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, thx in advance
    +1
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, thx in advance +1