mr_blonde_88

Torture You? That's A Good Idea. I Like That
OP
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
So I'm looking to get one of those charging docks with battery packs for the Wii motes, and a dock to put them in and charge.
I just wanted to know which you guys thought were the best.

I'm looking for one that doesn't look stupid, or stupidly futuristic or cheep; that'll look like it fits next to my Wii
Also, if it used the USB ports for power that'd be a plus
It can either be a 2dock or 4dock charger, not too botherd

Also, i can remember seeing customised battery packs, with a lil picture of the Mii face on them; did I imagine this or are they available?

Cheers for your help guys, I know I can always rely on GBATemp peeps to help me out

Bloodgod

嵐の王
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
in my personal opinion. No it is not worth it. Just head over to your local electronics place and buy a charger (might come with it's own battery). Then if you want to save money for AA's. Head over to ebay, alot of Hong Kong based sellers sell them at a cheap price.

Plus you can use the spare bats on other remotes (TV, DVD, Audio components, etc). You're also saving the earth! LULZ~

laurenz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Those Mii battery packs you are talking about are not available anymore. Those were gifts from the Mario club in japan, people could get a balloon fight game or a custom Wii cover with your Mii on it. (Yeah, they were just regular battery covers, not battery packs)

mr_blonde_88

Torture You? That's A Good Idea. I Like That
OP
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
Those Mii battery packs you are talking about are not available anymore. Those were gifts from the Mario club in japan, people could get a balloon fight game or a custom Wii cover with your Mii on it. (Yeah, they were just regular battery covers, not battery packs)

Ahhh ok, didn't realise
Shame...

Little

I r Little
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I really super disagree with whoever said the battery packs are a waste of time.

With a standard battery charger you have to take the batteries out, put it in the charger, plug that charger into a power socket, leave it to charge for ages. In the mean while you've got your wiimotes lose and just sitting around somewhere. Considering how often you are going to need to charge them, it's a stupid long winded process to go through. So easy to forget to charge your batteries as well.
With the chargers you just pop the wiimote into the craddle and voila, next time you come to play you're sorted.

There's a few crazy chargers out there that do weird things.... you want something where you just pop it in the cradle. I have one from joytech thats great, was like £20 from amazon. It's powered through the power supply of the wii itself. I guess that is more powerful than USB.

Seriously, they are definitely worth it. Takes away all the hassle.

miikes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
With a standard battery charger you have to take the batteries out, put it in the charger, plug that charger into a power socket, leave it to charge for ages. In the mean while you've got your wiimotes lose and just sitting around somewhere
Not with my 15 minute charger!!!

I got myself an energizer 15minute charger and a couple of 2500mah batteries to power a couple of my controllers (xbox360, wii, ps2) and they work really well. I can get like a couple of weeks in and it only takes 15 minutes to charge 'em (well more like 17 minutes since they're 2500mah instead of the 2000mah that comes with the charger). besides, the controllers look and feel a lot better with the original battery covers for standard batteries than most cheap 3rd party battery cover things,

acky

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So easy to forget to charge your batteries as well.
Just keep a charged pair of batteries handy
smile.gif

moggymatt

Trophies
Website
ds-scene.net
XP
Country
Has anyone heard any bad things about wiimotes getting brick/broke due to the charger packs.

I went into town the other day with the intention of buying a double charger. I went around all the shops to find the best deal. One of the shops (playtime UK) said they weren't going to stock them bcoz of being told they can cause damage to the remotes, the guy didn't seem to know much about the problem with them, other than they wouldn't be getting ANY makes in.

Argos had the best deal (next to gamestation @£25) for the joytech double stand(the one thats got the nunchuck stand either side) It was £20 but if you bought any other software it was a tenner off. So i was going to get Big brain academy (cheapest game they had) and the charge stand for £30 total (thats no to shabby a deal in my book)

I decided to do some research, Has anyone heard any thing bad?

Brouhaha

Trophies
Website
spaces.msn.com
XP
Country
Canada
I've had the Nyko charger for a few months now and it is great! Just put em back on the charger when you're done playing and they're all charged up for your next gaming session...

Haven't drained a controller in a single gaming session yet, the longest beign 8 hours straight of metroid prime.

edit: here's a review of it: http://gear.ign.com/articles/764/764273p1.html

Little

I r Little
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've not had a single problem with the joytech ones at all. Not heard of a remote being broken due to the charge packs either (I work in a game store where we sell low quality shit ones... so if a problem was going to occur it'd occur with us I'm sure!)

peewo

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
I've not had a single problem with the joytech ones at all. Not heard of a remote being broken due to the charge packs either (I work in a game store where we sell low quality shit ones... so if a problem was going to occur it'd occur with us I'm sure!)
I've also had the Joytech one ( http://www.joytech.net/1/products/wii/12/1...wer-Station.htm ) for a couple of months now and it works great. It also keeps my controllers neat and tidy. When i stop playing i just put them in and they look nice, prompted up like that, when i want to play i take them out. The batery cover on the back of the wii remote doesn't look funny at all and when closed looks like the standard cover, with just 2 little cutouts ( http://www.trustedreviews.com/images/artic...89-IMG4026s.jpg )

moggymatt

Trophies
Website
ds-scene.net
XP
Country
can the joytech stand (the double one with nunchuch holders either side) hold the wiimotes with the straps still attacted, I've heard some don't or don't stay on the stand right.

betawind

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I love my Nyko dual charger. Only thing with it is when I have the strap on it I have to give it an initial push in after setting it in for the charging to start. If they would have added a little groove at the bottom for the strap it would have been perfect.

peewo

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
can the joytech stand (the double one with nunchuch holders either side) hold the wiimotes with the straps still attacted, I've heard some don't or don't stay on the stand right.
Yes it can. It's just a little bit more wobly though, but it shouldn't be a problem unless you live on a boat in the middle of the northern sea. But it still sits in there nicely and charges normally.

moggymatt

Trophies
Website
ds-scene.net
XP
Country

Yes it can. It's just a little bit more wobly though, but it shouldn't be a problem unless you live on a boat in the middle of the northern sea. But it still sits in there nicely and charges normally.

Ta good to know thx

Toxicwind

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have the Nyko Wii charger and it works great!
I'd reccommend it to anyone who cant stand wasting time taking batteries out to put in a charger and then waiting for them to change. When I'm done playing, just slap the Wii controllers into the charger and be done with it, have never had a unusable Wii controller since I got the thing.

The only bad thing I can remember off the top of my head is that sometimes you have to put the wrist straps in a certain place for the charger light to go on... but other than that, nothing!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Her boob is the cause of all this current shit :angry: