Questions about fixing a broken switch with a battery problem (idk if its dead or not)

BreadManipulator4

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So my friend brought me his switch some time ago after we bought him one like a bit over 11 months ago and he saidit wont charge anymore which is only kinda true. Thing is we have to use an adaptive charger to charge the switch until 1% and after that it wont charge at all and just turn of and repeat the cycle of charging and dying. By the looks of it the switch can only handle low voltages now, since the only way to charge it is with either connecting a device (my switch, a phone, a laptop) or a low voltage/adaptive charger to it. I just wanna know three things 1. Did you run into that problem too and could you fix it? 2. If yes then how did you fix it? And 3. Even ifyou didnt run into that problem, any advice or possible fixes? (if its sending it to the mechanics or anything with circuitry im out since im not an engineer and mechanics are stupidly overpriced.) Id really appreciate any response. (Sorry for bad grammer i only have english in school)

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
If the console is V1 with autoRCM you need to put the official charger for about 1 hour before try to inject the payload for the first time after a depleted battery.

BreadManipulator4

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If the console is V1 with autoRCM you need to put the official charger for about 1 hour before try to inject the payload for the first time after a depleted battery.
My console is clean no mods and i already let it charge for a day with the official charger

jkyoho

Trophies
Website
form.jotform.com
XP
Country
Canada
if not taking charge:
1. maybe the port.
2, maybe M92t36 PD control chip
3.BQ24193 charging ic may have issue.
4. Max17050 fuel gauge ic may be broken
by looking at the outter switch behavior wont observe any actual problem except mangled pins from port, you need a tech to have it diagnose or repair.

BreadManipulator4

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Idk if this helps in any way but what i wanted to add is that it does charge when the console is completely off (charging icon top left) but when it has enough battery to turn on it doesnt charge no matter what and just dies again after like 25 seconds

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Idk if this helps in any way but what i wanted to add is that it does charge when the console is completely off (charging icon top left) but when it has enough battery to turn on it doesnt charge no matter what and just dies again after like 25 seconds
Sounds like a bad fuel gauge or dead battery

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto