Homebrew WiiMC RELEASED!!! (Wii Media Center)

bigredcape

such a noob, but one day....i'll be not-a-noob.
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
quick question.
I am running the Homebrew with USB LoadeGX and one of my USB's taken up by the external HDD with all my games on it. My question is how can i use the other usb port to load movie, music and pics while in WiiMC.

I have WiiMC installed as a channel and currently I have to go to the channel, take out the SD card, load a diff SD card to play whatever pics, music or movies I wanna play, then when I am done watching I have to take out the SD card, load the original SD card, and go back to the main menu to play games.
This would be a lot easier and less work If I could just load from the other USB port that I am not using so I can, also, how can I get cover art for movies, pics, music, etc?

PLEASE HELP ME! please. thank you and happy holidays. You guys are frikin awesome!

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Would it be possible that someone could compile the latest rev for me? I really need the fix for the broken Audio switching, which was fixed in r742.

Many, many thanks in advance!

NVM, found a beta in the offical forums, works now.

Yank

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just got the latest 1.1.1 -
Using a Kingston 16gb DataTraveler DTI/16GB

WiiMC worked well without IOS58 though it had severe buffering fits with some files larger than 1.4 gb

After installing IOS58:
Versions 105-107 would play my few test files flawlessly but would freeze the Wii when I pressed the Home button
Versions 108-111 would go to a screen dump in about 3 to 10 seconds then freeze the wii

Both situations required holding down the power button.

Update: I tried v104 and it worked without any problems. Sweet !

Update 2: Deleting in meta.xml in the wiimc folder fixed my v1.1.1 problem!

WizardOfOdd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just a little request, but in future builds can we have the option to disable the 'update' nag when there is a new version available. I'm sticking with the version I'm on for now, since I've updated twice with bad results, and my version works just fine. However, it's really annoying having to cancel the update screen every time I use the app.

Thanks!!

Magsor

I am watching you
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

oldboy88

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
WiiMC is the best looking mediaplayer for the wii console in my opinion, just looks decent.
Are there any Plans to add an Cover function, like folder.jpg on Windows, or other Media Players?
That would be great!

PPSainity

Blinded by Science
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I would love the support for album art stored in MP3 tags during audio playback. Would be cool to see a small thumbnail dance around as the song title does now when the screen saver kicks in. I believe default support for album art is included in the MPlayer code base.

-[]D

TheWon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello! First time trying this app! I downloaded the new 1.1.1 and the channel Installer with it. I tried installing the channel, but it says I need IOS58. THen something about restalling my HBC. I used ModWii to update my wii to 4.1. I'm also using 20b. If I just add a wad of 58. Will I still need to reinstall the HBC again.

Update!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nevermind I noticed the reason it wouldn't load is because it is on 4.1. So I installed it on my 4.3 Wii, and it works. I have 3 Wiis for those who are wondering. Now here is a new question.

I use My Wiis to charge my SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 4 GB MP3 Player. I noticed that WiiMc recognize it. Is there a way to play the music on it through WiiMC?

wiiman123

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
First post updated.

Peace
yaywii.gif

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone use a USB wired ethernet adaptor with WiiMC to stream videos through? Curious how well it works, if at all? The WiFi works but is pretty slow compared to a hardwire

Tantric

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Skater4599 said:
Does anyone use a USB wired ethernet adaptor with WiiMC to stream videos through? Curious how well it works, if at all? The WiFi works but is pretty slow compared to a hardwire

I do. I'm very happy with it. It isn't any faster than what you can get from a good Wii wifi connection, but if your connection is slow and/or unstable the difference is like night and day.

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the info Tantric, good to know
grog.gif
, I'm considering buying one. Is the official Nintendo one better/faster? I've seen a lot of cheap knockoffs but the whole reason for wanting it is to get a better network connection so makes no sense going cheap if it doesn't work too well

quber

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know what causes excess buffering over SMB? I was watching 24 last week, about 3 episodes a day, it worked fine for about 4 days with no buffering at all then the next day I get about 5 minutes at most without buffering. No changes have been made to the settings or the Wii, no games added. Nothing. The episodes are all the same format and size.

Any Ideas?

Tantric

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
quber said:
Does anyone know what causes excess buffering over SMB? I was watching 24 last week, about 3 episodes a day, it worked fine for about 4 days with no buffering at all then the next day I get about 5 minutes at most without buffering. No changes have been made to the settings or the Wii, no games added. Nothing. The episodes are all the same format and size.

Any Ideas?

Wifi interference.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    denpafan @ denpafan: swag