Homebrew WiiMC RELEASED!!! (Wii Media Center)

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Tantric said:
quber said:
Does anyone know what causes excess buffering over SMB? I was watching 24 last week, about 3 episodes a day, it worked fine for about 4 days with no buffering at all then the next day I get about 5 minutes at most without buffering. No changes have been made to the settings or the Wii, no games added. Nothing. The episodes are all the same format and size.

Any Ideas?

Wifi interference.

What about the media suddenly cutting off? It happens to me all the time.
In previous versions of Wiimc this is'nt the case.
I'm loading divx via SMB.

magic12

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Croatia
Hielkenator said:
Tantric said:
quber said:
Does anyone know what causes excess buffering over SMB? I was watching 24 last week, about 3 episodes a day, it worked fine for about 4 days with no buffering at all then the next day I get about 5 minutes at most without buffering. No changes have been made to the settings or the Wii, no games added. Nothing. The episodes are all the same format and size.

Any Ideas?

Wifi interference.

same here

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Hielkenator said:
I think it's a major issue...it also happen in the latest Mplayer....Both apps share code, or not?
Are u sure u meant MPlayer and not MPlayer_CE

I know for sure that WiiMC shares code with MPlayer_CE... but I'm not exactly sure what relationship they have to MPlayer though

PPSainity

Blinded by Science
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oh, MPlayer is in there: http://code.google.com/p/wiimc/source/brow...ource%2Fmplayer
Tantric has been syncing the codebase on a regular basis too...
r842 sync to mplayer r32866 Feb 06, 2011
r841 sync to mplayer r32861 Feb 05, 2011

But he won't support playback speed options
tongue.gif
Seriously though I gotta thank Tantric for all the work he has put into WiiMC.

-[]D

PPSainity

Blinded by Science
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Version 1.1.3 Released
QUOTE said:
February 19th, 2011 Tantric
Version 1.1.3 has been released and primarily fixes the major issues found in 1.1.2. It also includes experimental USB DVD support added by clava. Your mileage may vary with this feature! Full changelog:

* Synced to MPlayer 32866
* Fixed crash for some USB drives
* Added option to change screensaver delay
* Fixed incorrect warning about picture sizes being > 6MB
* Improved network initialization routines
* Improved subtitle scaling calculations
* Improved shutdown – if WiiMC fails to shut down within 5 seconds, shutdown will be forced
* Experimental USB DVD drive support (thanks clava!)
* Other minor optimizations and improvements
Can't wait to try it out. I'll post back if I have any issues. Thanks Tantric and team
yaywii.gif

-[]D

NewFang

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had requested the option to adjust the timer on the screen saver. Thankyou Tantric for doing that. 1.1.3 is working well for me so far.

Tantric

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
NewFang said:
I had requested the option to adjust the timer on the screen saver. Thankyou Tantric for doing that. 1.1.3 is working well for me so far.

Good to hear! I usually hear when things aren't working, but I don't hear as much when they are.
smile.gif

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PPSainity said:
Version 1.1.3 Released
QUOTE said:
February 19th, 2011 Tantric
Version 1.1.3 has been released and primarily fixes the major issues found in 1.1.2. It also includes experimental USB DVD support added by clava. Your mileage may vary with this feature! Full changelog:

* Synced to MPlayer 32866
* Fixed crash for some USB drives
* Added option to change screensaver delay
* Fixed incorrect warning about picture sizes being > 6MB
* Improved network initialization routines
* Improved subtitle scaling calculations
* Improved shutdown – if WiiMC fails to shut down within 5 seconds, shutdown will be forced
* Experimental USB DVD drive support (thanks clava!)
* Other minor optimizations and improvements
Can't wait to try it out. I'll post back if I have any issues. Thanks Tantric and team
yaywii.gif

-[]D

SWEET! USB-DVD! I'm so glad this feature has been added! Now if we can only get this feature in emulators lol
biggrin.gif
Thanks to everyone working on this app! Great work!
yaywii.gif

TheWon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone tired the Youtube option. When I enter it on it shows the last thing I looked at. When I try to up a level I get a memory dump, and then a reset. This is on the newest version al so. Do I need to delete something in the folder to get it to work.

DespizingU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I get a code dump when I'm browsing my files. I don't even get a chance to choose a file since I get a code dump before I can.

I just soft modded my Wii using the Modify any 4.3 or below thread. So everything that WiiMC requires should be installed. Are there any other apps that will read NTFS?

Thanks.

markedmanner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hielkenator said:
Tantric said:
quber said:

Any Ideas?

Wifi interference.

I have the same issue. I will be watching something over SMB and all of the sudden it just stops playing. Also It seems that Wiimc plays fine sometimes but I have buffering issues alot with it. I have tried every single video cache percent and none of them seem to really help.Also I have one video that is a .m4v file and when I play it with WiiMc it plays it but it shows the video in color but in the background is a mirror of whats in color in black in white.(can provide a screen shot if needed) Mplayer-ce plays this video fine. Also no buffering problems with Mplayer-ce. I really love WiiMC love the interface. Love many of its features. I have been forced to use Mplayer-ce though because of these issues. I am not sure why these things only happen in WiiMC but they do. I also have a Patriot Box Office Media player that I stream my video over wifi to and I have no buffer issues with it either so I do not believe it is my network. Any help or suggestions would be great because I would really like to use WiiMC

UPDATE: 03/03/11 Well for some reason WiiMC has being streaming fine for me from my SMB For several days now and I have the video cache set on 20 percent. Im now sure why its working perfectly I havent changed anything but the cache percent Works without a problem. Amazing app Tantric. Still wish that .m4v files could possibly be supported though. As it is in Mplayer-ce.

goku1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
some wifi issues here too ready for a lafugh i ran my microwave and well that messed with it no joke ,come to find out that my microwave when its heating something up messes with my wifi signal it dose it to all of my wifi stuff ipod,computer's,ect so i unpluged it and still wiimc still stops 2:30 into a family guy episode.

tantric,
i love the apps u put out there i switched from geexbox to wiimc the day wiimc came out i just have two requests more menu colors would b awsome, little better hdd support i have a 2tb toshiba and 2tb wd(3.0 usb) and nither of them show upi know its streching it with 2.0 support for wii but the 3.0 is able to be ready by 2.0 usb ports (made sure when i bought it) other than those 2 requests its freaking awsome

Shano56

noobie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
goku1980 said:
some wifi issues here too ready for a lafugh i ran my microwave and well that messed with it no joke ,come to find out that my microwave when its heating something up messes with my wifi signal it dose it to all of my wifi stuff ipod,computer's,ect so i unpluged it and still wiimc still stops 2:30 into a family guy episode.

tantric,
i love the apps u put out there i switched from geexbox to wiimc the day wiimc came out i just have two requests more menu colors would b awsome, little better hdd support i have a 2tb toshiba and 2tb wd(3.0 usb) and nither of them show upi know its streching it with 2.0 support for wii but the 3.0 is able to be ready by 2.0 usb ports (made sure when i bought it) other than those 2 requests its freaking awsome

don't put your router on your microwave? xD jkjk

goku1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shano56 said:
goku1980 said:

tantric,

don't put your router on your microwave? xD jkjk
im trying a older linksys router to dayill post and let yall know and shano56 but i was hungry and the router looked yummy lamo

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Hi
I´m having problems to play an *.avi movie over smb, the audio and (srt) subtitles are not sync, the movie plays perfectly direct on my PC. It´s not use adjust delay settings, because they get unsync again after a few minutes.

Any help is welcomed. =)

PPSainity

Blinded by Science
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
OriginalHamster said:
Hi
I´m having problems to play an *.avi movie over smb, the audio and (srt) subtitles are not sync, the movie plays perfectly direct on my PC. It´s not use adjust delay settings, because they get unsync again after a few minutes.

Any help is welcomed. =)
Try toggling the frame dropping option in the video settings to auto. This might help if the Wii is struggling on the video.

-[]D

Gan1664

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello i usaully use WiiMC with the forwarder channel and a ntfs hard drive.

Recently, my SD card died.

So i put an "apps" folder on the hardrive with "wiimc folder" inside and boot.dol inside.

The forwarder is now always returning to Wii menu.

The USBloader channel boots like a charm with same conditions.

I've tried to errase config, change the lower/upper case for the names of the folders, editing the wad of the channel (after dump with BlueDump) two times: changing path to USB, inserting the WiiMC boot.dol, .....

Anything have changed.

Wasn't the channel NTFS compatible ? (I know HBC is not, but USBloader forwarder works as i said).

Am i doing something not right ? My partition is alone, 320 g, active and NTFS.

Please help !!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte