Homebrew WiiMC RELEASED!!! (Wii Media Center)

sj44k

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm have a few questions about wiimc. This is the first time using this software and I thought it could be my saving grace when I go to my parents for a week when I want to watch some movies (my parents enjoy living in the stone ago of no media centers etc).

But I seems performance is very bad.

I tried a .iso but that stutters like crazy. Tried changing the buffer size and the dropping frames option but that does not help. Is this normal for .iso playback?

I also tried extrackting the dvd to just load up the .vob files but when I try to open the folder I get a error that the file cannot be opened.

.mkv playback gives me a dump crash. Though that might be because it was a 720p file. I know that isn't supported but I just wanted to check. It actually played for a couple of seconds and didn't even seem to lagg that bad.

Anyway my biggest questions is regarding .iso playback performance. I use version 1.1.1 and load files from my ntfs usb drive.

Other than that I think the app looks really sweet. Hope to solve my problems so I can also use it.

edit:Tried 1.0.6 and that works fine in terms of speed when loading iso files. The only problem I now have is because there is no menu support I can't play the movie. I tried skipping and this actually makes the movie play but it will jump back to the wiimc menu after 4 minutes or so. It seems that it can only load the lenght of the menu in terms of playback time. Which is weird.

Anybody got a idea on how to solve this? Seems to me there is some bug in 1.1.1 that for some reason hoggs resources even after the menu.

Also I noticed that both versions have problems creating and saving configuration files.

sj44k

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Tantric said:
If you're loading from USB, you need to install IOS58 and make sure HBC is also using IOS58.

I downloaded IOS058 installer from HBB and than updated the HBC. Still the same problems. What I find strange is that playback speed is fine with a older version so I don't see how this can be caused by a ios or the hbc.

Maybe there is something else I can do to fix this problem?

KirovAir

Alcoholic Programmer
Trophies
Website
www.jessesander.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
sj44k said:
Tantric said:
If you're loading from USB, you need to install IOS58 and make sure HBC is also using IOS58.

I downloaded IOS058 installer from HBB and than updated the HBC. Still the same problems. What I find strange is that playback speed is fine with a older version so I don't see how this can be caused by a ios or the hbc.

The older version uses cIOS 202, which you have probably installed. Newer ones use IOS58, which is probably not installed properly.
I can't think of anything else, but for me playback is fine on 1.1.1.

sj44k

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Darkmystery said:
sj44k said:
Tantric said:

The older version uses cIOS 202, which you have probably installed. Newer ones use IOS58, which is probably not installed properly.
I can't think of anything else, but for me playback is fine on 1.1.1.

I've been trying different things and something must be wrong because I got all sorts of problems.

All versions up except for 1.1.1 work fine when playing back .iso files. Only problem is that because there is no menu support you can't actually watch a whole movie.

So I upgraded tot 1.1.1. Here is my list of problems:
iso playback is very slow.
dvd menu does not work most of the time. For some reason if I try pressing a button it just doesn't work.
Error messages when saving config.
Subs are not always working when playing .iso even though I got them setup in the config.

The thing is, if I extract the .iso I can now play the .vob files and they work fine. So to me it seems there is something wrong with how the menu works. Also when I disable menu in the dvd settings sometimes a .iso will work fine (because the menu that for some reason makes everything lagg is skipped) but sometimes the movie won't play at all anymore.

Anyway I used signcheck to see if ios58 got installed. It says disabled but some googling tells me that is a good thing?

CODE
SignCheck 0.3b aka loveSexWii build report
Wii region, Europe
Wii unique device id,

IOS number, "Trucha bug", "Flash access", "Boot2 access", "Usb2.0 IOS tree"

IOS250 (ver 65535), Disabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
IOS249 (ver 19), Disabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
IOS202 (ver 4), Enabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
IOS58 (ver 6175), Disabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
IOS38 (ver 3610), Disabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
IOS37 (ver 2070), Disabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
IOS36 (ver 1042), Enabled, Enabled, Disabled, Disabled
IOS35 (ver 1040), Enabled, Enabled, Disabled, Disabled
IOS34 (ver 1039), Enabled, Enabled, Disabled, Disabled
IOS33 (ver 1040), Enabled, Enabled, Disabled, Disabled
IOS31 (ver 2576), Disabled, Enabled, Disabled, Disabled
IOS30 (ver 2576), Disabled, Enabled, Disabled, Disabled
IOS28 (ver 1288), Enabled, Enabled, Disabled, Disabled
IOS22 (ver 772), Enabled, Enabled, Disabled, Disabled
IOS20 (ver 12), Enabled, Enabled, Disabled, Disabled
IOS17 (ver 512), Enabled, Enabled, Disabled, Disabled
IOS16 (ver 257), Enabled, Enabled, Disabled, Disabled
IOS14 (ver 257), Enabled, Enabled, Disabled, Disabled
IOS13 (ver 10), Enabled, Enabled, Disabled, Disabled
IOS12 (ver 6), Enabled, Enabled, Disabled, Disabled

sj44k

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Oke got it working now
smile.gif
Reinstalled the HBC and ios58 again and now it works.

However, there is one thing that doesnt work properly and that is the dvd menu. This time I have to press way above/next/under a button to get to that menu. So that makes it near impossible to start a menu or make some selections in the subs menu. Now you can change the subs during the movie so that is oke and with some guessing you can get movies running but its not perfect. Maybe this is also a problem on my end? I tried using the classic controller but it seems the cc wont work in dvd menu's.

GedtheArchmage

Trophies
XP
Country
Just put this on my 4.3U softmodded Red Wii. Works brilliantly for *.avi and *.mkv files. Haven't tried anything else, though. DVDs don't work, of course.

However, when I played an MKV which was immediately followed by an AVI and pressed right on the d-pad, the app froze and I had to hard shutdown the Wii. Though I suppose something like that is to be expected.

Great work!

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
My HDD isn't recognized in v1.1 and this v.1.1.1, even when started from HBC. Back to v1.0.9 for me.

Is there a way to set WiiMC so it doesn't ask to update everytime I start it?

rigsbynation

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
sj44k said:
Oke got it working now
smile.gif

However, there is one thing that doesnt work properly and that is the dvd menu. This time I have to press way above/next/under a button to get to that menu. So that makes it near impossible to start a menu or make some selections in the subs menu. Now you can change the subs during the movie so that is oke and with some guessing you can get movies running but its not perfect. Maybe this is also a problem on my end? I tried using the classic controller but it seems the cc wont work in dvd menu's.
Just use avi's like normal people.
Why use a dvd iso file? What a waste of time downloading. Wii's handle smaller files better.

For avi's WiiMC is amazing.

matrixebiz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok, I'll try it on those other sites but how do I get the files on my Wii? do I use WiiMC Channel Installer 1.6 or WiiMC 1.1.1 (New Install) to install as a wad from HBC? is there a browser in it that I use to gt to youtube and such? Thanks

EDIT: Ok I installed the WiiMC Channel and ran WiiMC 1.1.1 but don't like how you have to leave the SD card in or the Channel just reboots the Wii. Doesn't look like WiiMC actually installed when I loaded it from the HBC. It didn't really ask me to install, it just ran off the SD and doesn't have an option for your own websites
frown.gif

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Iso streaming is horrible in this version....
Jittering picture and sound..crashing.

Previous version was WAY better.

Hope this is fixed soon.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
rigsbynation said:
sj44k said:
Oke got it working now
smile.gif

Just use avi's like normal people.
Why use a dvd iso file? What a waste of time downloading. Wii's handle smaller files better.

For avi's WiiMC is amazing.

Because of it's quality. I worked fine before, so.
Latest Mplayer ce Works Perfect with iso streaming from SMB!

http://webrewwii.blogspot.com/2010/12/mplayer-ce-r636.html

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
BlackEnigma said:
Hooray! for setting up a music play list and then going to pictures and letting it play as a slide show. Wii is not supposed to be able to do this...
smile.gif

This can be done in the Photo channel of the Wii.

Tantric

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hielkenator said:
Iso streaming is horrible in this version....
Jittering picture and sound..crashing.

Previous version was WAY better.

Hope this is fixed soon.

Turn off DVD menus in the settings and it will work fine.

Skittles1987

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am running version 1.1.1 and for the first time have used a video file (.avi) that has two audio streams. The default is Spanish and i speak English.

I read about pushing down on the d-pad to change audio streams however no matter how many times i push down it doesn't change. I also changed the default audio under the video settings to English and this didn't help either.

Should i try an older version? or am i doing something wrong.

Tantric

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Switching audio/subtitle streams with up/down is broken in 1.1.1. Go back to an older version or wait for the next one.

LocoRoco

Trophies
XP
Country
I have issues with playing 900mb-1.35gb .avi files with .srt subs....it either doesnt display subtitles or doesnt display the right lenght of the movie and keeps freezing.....loop/blurry at the end...and when i try to play it later on PC with vlc it throws corrupt file....

Everything else works aright

tried 1.6...1.0..1.1

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Hawaii played it smart and said we're too hot for this land