Homebrew WiiMC RELEASED!!! (Wii Media Center)

jheredia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is it possible to use this (or another program) to share files with computers/other media receivers?

I want to have my hard drive with games/movies hooked up to the wii and then hopefully connect to it through my network and watch the stored movies on another computer/tv/media center.

I see that this has a FTP server but that only lets me share WITH the wii not FROM the wii (i believe)

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I had subs with one of my MKV files working fine. I have some OGM that won't display the subs though, for some reason. It has nothing to do with them being OGM, I can say that much.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i finally got smb working, in case this helps anyone...

you can only share a FOLDER not a drive. its gay in my opinion, but thats the only way to smb share. using win7, right click the folder, go to share with -> specific people then drop down to everyone and click add. let win7 do its thing and it should work.

use your ipv4 address (you can get this from going to a command prompt and typing ipconfig). make sure you type the name of the folder you just shared in wiimc. and user/pass if you have one.

just got done watching season 5 of tim and eric awesome show.

UranusKiller

TranceMaster
Trophies
Website
djdynamite.freeforums.org
XP
Country
VashTS said:
i finally got smb working, in case this helps anyone...

you can only share a FOLDER not a drive. its gay in my opinion, but thats the only way to smb share. using win7, right click the folder, go to share with -> specific people then drop down to everyone and click add. let win7 do its thing and it should work.

use your ipv4 address (you can get this from going to a command prompt and typing ipconfig). make sure you type the name of the folder you just shared in wiimc. and user/pass if you have one.

just got done watching season 5 of tim and eric awesome show.
You would of knew this by reading mplayer_ce's config setup guides. It's not gay as to reason why, their is a simple reason for not browsing through IP.

Tristar

Trophies
XP
Country
jheredia said:
is it possible to use this (or another program) to share files with computers/other media receivers?

I want to have my hard drive with games/movies hooked up to the wii and then hopefully connect to it through my network and watch the stored movies on another computer/tv/media center.

I see that this has a FTP server but that only lets me share WITH the wii not FROM the wii (i believe)

I see it has an FTP client - where is the FTP server settings?

Midnightzak

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Awesome job so far guys. I'm switching from Geexbox to this as it seems an obvious change.

My Wii is always laggy on larger (1-2gb) MKV files. Is this normal?
Any chance for XVID support?
Is there support for Video Playlists? I'd love to set it to play an entire season of whatever show I'm trying to watch...

Also having difficulty setting up a new SMB on Win7 64bit. I'm totally new to this and haven't done my homework yet. Trying to share my entire "F" drive (which is just a default download location). Do I need to contain everything in this drive in a common folder before the SMB will work properly?

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i was able to share the whole drive in mplayer. maybe im crazy and i don't remember correctly, but im pretty sure i just put in the drive's share name and i was able to look through everything. the emulators could too.

UranusKiller

TranceMaster
Trophies
Website
djdynamite.freeforums.org
XP
Country

Midnightzak

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, I read through the tut on SMB Shares and moved everything into a folder and now it works just fine. Thanks for the link!

Also, to the authors: Awesome job on this, it is amazing and you've got my vote for best media player hands down. You guys did an amazing job on this, be proud!

Feature Requests:
MP3 Visualizations (and possibly slideshow with our own images)
Cover Art or thumbnail for TV/Movie files
Power Hour or Centurion mode for MP3 files (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power_hour)
MP3 control via WiiMote (ability to change tracks without the buttons on the screen)
Skins (i really like the default one, but having other options is always nice)
USB Support for both ports
Sleep Timer for both audio and video
Additional "View Modes" (Media Flow / Cover Art Browser)

DGenerateKane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had problems sharing a drive before. I did however just get one to work on one of my computers so hopefully I can get it to work on the others.

On another note I've had more code dumps with this app than all other apps I've ever used combined. :/

chrisman01

Trophies
Website
empireofsteel.thecomicseries.com
XP
Country
United States
Midnightzak said:
Well, I read through the tut on SMB Shares and moved everything into a folder and now it works just fine. Thanks for the link!

Also, to the authors: Awesome job on this, it is amazing and you've got my vote for best media player hands down. You guys did an amazing job on this, be proud!

Feature Requests:
MP3 Visualizations (and possibly slideshow with our own images)
Cover Art or thumbnail for TV/Movie files
Power Hour or Centurion mode for MP3 files (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power_hour)
MP3 control via WiiMote (ability to change tracks without the buttons on the screen)
Skins (i really like the default one, but having other options is always nice)
USB Support for both ports
Sleep Timer for both audio and video
Additional "View Modes" (Media Flow / Cover Art Browser)

The only thing that needs improving now (for me, at least
tongue.gif
) is the internet media streaming quality. Everything else works fine for me, and it rocks!

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Just updated to the latest version via my Wii, awesome work on that one!
Now I don't get any code dumps anymore with my NTFS drive.
It's amazing to see that the first versions are already so working good, congratulations!

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tantric said:
You can share a whole drive just fine.

But I have tried this MANY times and did not get it to successfully work. I added a share folder and it works fine. All my drives are fully accessible from my laptops. All have full permission for everyone. I don't know where the problem is. The one folder I shared works perfect, but drives do not. Maybe something is screwed up in windows.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
    +1
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
  • cearp @ cearp:
    It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space
    +1
    Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on time, soap, water and money having to wash them. :D
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @rqkaiju2, Physical media is a great source for archiving your data, none of that cloud storage shiz.
    +1
    [squeezes @SylverReZ onto a physical media, then archives you in my old stuff box] :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, should i change my pfp to one of these or keep it the same?
    iu

iu

(i guess i could change it to one of my other pfps too, but i just want to see what you guys think first)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Up to you.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    smug sonic time lmao
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Chronic The HempHog
  • DilllyDabDharma @ DilllyDabDharma:
    I'm new! Hi!
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Welcome
  • DilllyDabDharma @ DilllyDabDharma:
    What are your favorite topics?
    DilllyDabDharma @ DilllyDabDharma: What are your favorite topics?