• Start date
  • Views 10,191
  • Replies 68
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 180466

OP
So what do you think about this countdown WiiKey has? There are only 11 hours left!
Do you think they will release a new chip? WiiKey 3? xD
It's just pointless...
I mean, there are of course the USB Loader and everything else that is better than a chip...

I know there are threads about this but there are only 11 hours left...

SaitoKojima

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, some people prefer the Wii Key over the other ways of Wii modding.

Me personally, I liked it better because you can just pop the disc in and it works right away. No need to go into another separate channel and go into another menu and list of games just to play it.

WiiThoko

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SaitoKojima said:
Me personally, I liked it better because you can just pop the disc in and it works right away. No need to go into another separate channel and go into another menu and list of games just to play it.
That's why they invented cIOSCORP. But I guess if you want to play the games at 6x speed, then you should get a modchip.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If they don't release some flatcable mod that can directly access games on an external usb HDD without the need of a pc, it's uninteresting. And even if they do, they would have to do it right that it doesn't require any system modifications and is totally "invisble" for the Wii.

SenorClean

Trophies
XP
Country
Word on the street is that it is a mod for the d3-2 drives... weather this is solder in, or ribbon style is yet to be seen.

D

Deleted member 180466

OP
SirTempest said:
thats strange. i just went to the wiikey site and it said:
Code:
The countdown has begun...
0d 12h 24m 13s

Strange... It's says 12 hours left to me to! :s

But it's true! For a while ago it says 36min! :s So why should I lie?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
SenorClean said:
Word on the street is that it is a mod for the d3-2 drives... weather this is solder in, or ribbon style is yet to be seen.

Ok, a flatcable mod with 6x speed would be something. What are the new d3-2 drives? Are these the ones that don't read DVD-Rs on softmods? If nintendo was smart(lol), they changed the firmware of the drives to not read video dvds anymore ==> no softmod anymore, no flatcable mod that uses the drive itself anymore.

SenorClean

Trophies
XP
Country
That is probably what happened... if you put a flatcable mod on them - you can only read originals (but from any region)

And you can't read discs using softmods.

So either DVD-Video is gone, or changed.

If it has been changed, this new mod might still be flatcable with some different code.

If DVD-Video is gone... it will likely be solder-in again.

Dinoguy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Either
A.A hoax to bring more people to the site(site owners get more cash if their website is a popular one)
B.Hoax to give the wiikey attention
C.An error in the sites clock?
D.Maybe the forgot?

D

Deleted member 180466

OP
2 hours left guys! TWO ******* HOURS LEFT! xD I hope it's something good!

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiThoko said:
SaitoKojima said:
That's why they invented cIOSCORP. But I guess if you want to play the games at 6x speed, then you should get a modchip.

At least a chip doesn't involve altering almost every bit of firmware on your Wii like the corps.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If it's a WiiKey3, and it'll come with nice new features, I might finally update my v1
tongue.gif

fogbank

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
If they don't release some flatcable mod that can directly access games on an external usb HDD without the need of a pc, it's uninteresting. And even if they do, they would have to do it right that it doesn't require any system modifications and is totally "invisble" for the Wii.

Check out SunDisk (with "SunDriver") and FlatZii.

The SunDisk chip can load 1 or more games into its onboard memory via USB and play them at 8x (kind of like FlatMii except no PC connected). With the "SunDriver" add-on they claim to be able to read games directly from USB devices (HD, pen drive, SD, etc...) and play them on the SunDisk.

FlatZii (from FlatMii team) is claiming something similar.

Both should work with the new drives because they are like "drive replacement" chips.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Meh, I'm out of the Hardware market...I'm happy with my USB-Loader
tongue.gif

And I'm pretty shure it won't be that big...I even guess it will be dissapointing...but we'll see....

bdr9

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Blue-K said:
Meh, I'm out of the Hardware market...I'm happy with my USB-Loader
tongue.gif

And I'm pretty shure it won't be that big...I even guess it will be dissapointing...but we'll see....
Yeah, just think about how excited everyone was for SoftMii 3.0, and look at what it turned out to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la