• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 1,352
  • Replies 4
D

Deleted User

OP
Hello!

I'm wondering why my 1.9s config disc for Wiikey V1 won't work? It has worked before, i think the last time it worked was around 1 year ago? When i did the 1.9s update, i think it worked some time after that too.

Anyway, now i wanted to check some settings and shit, so i'm really getting annoyed how it's not working, tried reburning etc. and i have even tried the GCOS MultiDisc thingy, but that didn't work either.

As i said, i'm using 1.9s with the official PAL config downloadable from Wiikey.CN.
If it's worth knowing, i'm using an European Wii with 4.0 as Firmware.

Nothing wrong with playing backups, it's just the config disc that won't work.

D

Deleted User

OP
What should i do then? AS i don't want to downgrade.
Any other way?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
raulpica said:
IIRC, config discs won't work anymore on 4.0.
I didn't know they added back the check for GCOS. It's Mios update, right ?
Good news I didn't update yet, as I'm playing with Gamecube multi-games disc.
I'll stay at 3.2 then.

@Kromgol : Maybe using a homebrew GC launcher will correct it ? You can give a try.

Edit :
I read the system menu 4.2 prevent modchips to run another region games from game channel (because of the not so stealth wiikey in devmode/region free mode). the region lock isn't anymore checked on the unencrypted part, but elsewhere on the disc (quoted from OzModchip)
Wii imported games can still be launched using loaders (like GeckoOS), so Gamecube could work with GC launcher too.

4.1 is still fine to boot from game channel. maybe just follow this tutorial to get back to 4.1 (not a full wii downgrade, just a system reinstall)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZbUuSmFgMo