Hacking Wiikey clone and 1.9g Update

Wheejang

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure my WiiKey is a clone. Anyone been successful upgrading a clone WiiKey to 1.9g? I figured i'd ask before i brick it.
tongue.gif

Also, this is my first post, but i've been lurking, so hello!

Wheejang

Dafluke24

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just updated my clone with 1.9g successfully on first try. Dont have SMG to test out but everything else appears to work without a hitch. I have a NTSC-U Wii. good luck.

Fellow lurker here too
smile.gif
greetings!

mitchondria

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
yeah it works fine

i had an issue but it was my wiimote chargers plugged into the usb's that were causing my problem, but yeah it works fine with clones

oxbsb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
i tryied to update my wiikey clone, but i'm getting a "connection problem".. anyone know what is it? i never updated my wii.. just runned one time 1.3 config disk.. PAL wii

Jimmy de Grasso

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The swap trick doesn't work, it just seems to work but the update doesn't occur. I believe if you have connection problem, your chip isn't wiikey, clone or original. Try to run the 1.9b update and test if it works with audio stream games, it's a test to realize if your modchip is wiikey or not.

maddk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The swap trick doesn't work, it just seems to work but the update doesn't occur. I believe if you have connection problem, your chip isn't wiikey, clone or original. Try to run the 1.9b update and test if it works with audio stream games, it's a test to realize if your modchip is wiikey or not.
Both 1.9b and 1.9g updates gives me the connection error... so theres no how to test with the 1.9b...

oxbsb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
mine is a clone.. i changed region override with config disk 1.3..

Jimmy de Grasso

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Both 1.9b and 1.9g updates gives me the connection error... so theres no how to test with the 1.9b...

So I believe that your modchip isnt wiikey, original or clone. I think you have to ask to the person who installed or sold the chip to you.

mine is a clone.. i changed region override with config disk 1.3..
But does the 1.9b update work? Could you play GameCube games with audio stream? Like Wave Race, Eternal Darkness, Ikaruga, etc...

maddk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Damn, guess I'll have to beat that fuc*er up.
One thing... If my chip isn't a wiikey then I shouldnt be able to Save Configurations with wiikey config disk right?

Jimmy de Grasso

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Damn, guess I'll have to beat that fuc*er up.
One thing... If my chip isn't a wiikey then I shouldnt be able to Save Configurations with wiikey config disk right?

I dont know the error that occurs if you try to save the configurations, but I believe the config disk will run on any modchip. Do you have any PAL game to test if the changes work? Try to change the configuration to region override ON then try to play a PAL game that works with wiikey, if the game dont run you have to change your modchip.

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
You don't even have to upgrade to 1.9b first. Straight to 1.9g from original firmware on a clone works completely.
Got to have the 1.3 config disc to turn on that audio thing so you can play GC ikaruga though.

Then your wiikey clone isn't a wiikey clone. Sorry pal. =(

Jimmy de Grasso

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You don't even have to upgrade to 1.9b first. Straight to 1.9g from original firmware on a clone works completely.
Got to have the 1.3 config disc to turn on that audio thing so you can play GC ikaruga though.

Then your wiikey clone isn't a wiikey clone. Sorry pal. =(

I told him to test if 1.9b works, because if doesnt work, the chip isnt wiikey (original or clone).

I didnt update my wiikey, my wii isnt here, but im shure mine is original, I bought by myself and instaled by myself when the only modchips existents were wiikey, winja and cyclowiz.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.ebay.com/itm/386617469929?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=2T8UwYf_Qse&...