Maxidoman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello guys,

I installed a Wiikey 2 ( 1.3 EUR ) in a Korean Wii. I'm looking for these discs to convert the EUR version to a KOR version. So far, this wiikey 2 only works because I switched from KOR to EUR with ARC. I also have a wiikey2 with 1.3 EUR. On the internet I found two files for version 1.2 ( wk2KorV1.2.tar and wk2RescueV1.2.tar ). Unfortunately, the ISO files are empty and have no content ( boot.catalog and boot.dol ). Is my idea correct and did any of you install a Wiikey 2 in KOR Wii ? Yes, the Wiikey 2 topic is very old, but I still like to repair the Wii´s....

Last edited by Maxidoman,

JaapDaniels

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
  • You should never need region patching, the app for backup loading can patch the game on the fly.
  • You should always have a backup of the nand of this specific wii, for you can't use one of a donor for it will not boot.
There's just one repair disc, but if this disc can boot, you should still be able to get the software running.
See: https://wiibrew.org/wiki/Brick
As far as i can find this disc will probably not help you for you need acces to region change, system menu ios16 ios70 and ios60
you should pay special attention to error 003 for that might be your root cause problem.
in the WiFi fix is a hardware description on how to write your nand backup back using a sd-card writer...

Hardware related notes:
  • Make sure bluetooth and and wifi module function for these will cause a brick.
  • The main board can die but it doesn't occur frequent.
  • The DVD-drive should still identify itself to the main board but it doesn't need to really function if you have a backup loader.

fringle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
To boot the recovery mode on the wii you will also need a gamecube controller that is possibly modded so you are able to press all 4 directions on the dpad at the same time. Keep in mind though that this is not able to fix all bricks. I ended up bricking a wii many years ago and hoped this method would rescue it but in the end I had to send it to nintendo to be replaced.

Maxidoman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I got this wii with error 003, repaired it, got the keys.bin with bootmii and then I created a completely new nand.bin. I installed it with bootmii. Everything worked so far. I only own the original games, USA and EUR, were not read. I had hoped that the wiikey 2 ( 1.3 EUR ) would work. but this only works as described above. I installed homebrew and all updates ( ios and cios ) with modmii. I could also try USB Loader GX, but I would like to get the Wiikey to run without the changes with ARC. But you will find almost nothing on the Internet about Wiikey2 KOR. Everything I found revolves around the JAP, USA and EUR regions.

Last edited by Maxidoman,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1