Help identifying hwfly clone

cstout

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all, I picked up a hwfly for my mariko switch and didn’t realize there were so many clone variations. Would anyone be able to tell me, based on the link and photo, what firmware types would be safe to flash onto this if I ever needed to? It came preloaded with spacecraft and boots near instantly, so I’m not in a hurry to change anything…just looking to be prepared.

Thank you!

Here’s the Amazon link:
Edit: as a new user I can’t post the link, but maybe I’ll be able to reply with it.

Attachments

• IMG_3268.jpeg
    IMG_3268.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 13

cstout

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, I should have mentioned why I was asking in the first place. I read some posts of clones that were marked like that and they wouldn’t work with other hwfly firmware. Have you heard any such reports?

cstout

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Speculation, really. Is there any way to know the legitimacy of the chip itself? What prompted my curiosity about it was seeing posts like this one on Reddit:
/r/SwitchPirates/comments/17ek1u2/a_warning_about_updating_hwfly_clone_chips_rp2040/

I didn’t buy mine on aliexpress, but I did get it from a relatively new vendor on Amazon, so I could very well just be local stock of cloned product. Again, not sure how I can know for sure.

cstout

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Me too! That was another cause for concern over even attempting to replace the firmware. I was expecting a picoboot firmware but when I installed it and booted up for the first time it was (and still is) spacecraft.

Hassal

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
Not sure if this firmware was tested on the pi chip but you should be cautious not to brick your console.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Metoroid0 @ Metoroid0: im more interested in metroid prime 4