Hacking WiiGator's Backup Launcher Game Compatibility list

Kieran801

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As i said above.. I think only the WiiSt scene release works without any bugs and you can only get it off a private tracker!

alex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Update it, Dokapon Kingdom works great! Burned at 2.4x with ImgBurn on a Maxell DVD-R(DVD-ROM) Just loads slow, but doesn't mess up gameplay.
smile.gif

DirtyHippy420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's a list of all NTSC-U games that i tested on my 3.2 NTSC-U wii useing wiigators backuploader.

Super Mario Galaxy works but freezes at the beginning and at beachbowl galaxy.

Bully : Scholarship Edition works but load times between the school and outside are horrible

Mario Super Sluggers works pretty good. intro movie skips and theres sum audio glitches between innings but is still perfectly playable

Game Party 1 & 2 both work good. slightly longer load times getting into main menu

Super Paper Mario works great except it freezes in 2-3 trying to pay off your debt. I used Wan's loader to get past that part then went right back to wiigators

Cabelas Dangerous Hunts 09 works great. load times are pretty fast and no intro movie skipping

Spider Man 3 this game works great too. fast load times and no freezeing or audio glitches

Pokemon Battle Revolution works but freezes after you save. it does save though so you can pickup were you left off

Driver Parallel Lines intro movies lags a bit other than that works great. very playable

Trauma Center New Blood intro movies is a bit laggy but other wise plays fine

Super Monkey Ball Banana Blitz had to force NTSC to boot it up at all. main game freezes during loading but mini games seemed to work fine

Call of Duty 3 boots up fine but wont load first mission in campaign mode always freezes

I know some of these games are on the wiki and have been metioned a bunch of times on this thread but just wanted to add my findings too. hope it helps
cool.gif

darktehnub

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DirtyHippy420 said:
Here's a list of all NTSC-U games that i tested on my 3.2 NTSC-U wii useing wiigators backuploader.

Super Paper Mario works great except it freezes in 2-3 trying to pay off your debt. I used Wan's loader to get past that part then went right back to wiigators

I know some of these games are on the wiki and have been metioned a bunch of times on this thread but just wanted to add my findings too. hope it helps
cool.gif
THANKS A LOT!!! Been crashing when I walk into the room
wacko.gif
Now I can finally continue the game
happy.gif

sess

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
LeonardoGolden said:
Wii Music works fantastic. Load times are not bad.
The only problem I found is an option that freezes the game. I guess it has something to do with WiiConnect24?

Here's a video I captured of it being run on the launcher:
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Dae5KGZ1kSo

What did you use to capture it? TV Cap Card or a device?

I'd like to do the same, but also play the Wii on my 19" lcd monitor (which has only dvi/vga), since my tv is 14" and CRT -- teh suck, lol.

LeonardoGolden

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sess said:
LeonardoGolden said:
Wii Music works fantastic. Load times are not bad.
The only problem I found is an option that freezes the game. I guess it has something to do with WiiConnect24?

Here's a video I captured of it being run on the launcher:
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Dae5KGZ1kSo

What did you use to capture it? TV Cap Card or a device?

I'd like to do the same, but also play the Wii on my 19" lcd monitor (which has only dvi/vga), since my tv is 14" and CRT -- teh suck, lol.

I use a device called Dazzle, which I guess is a capture card (not really sure).

shadowgauge

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
here's a few more to add to the wiki working list
tak and the guardian of gross
penny racers
littlest pet shop
all work perfect enjoy
i had no luck with sam and max season 1 maybe someone with the fix should try it.
question does the cios fix mess with any of the already compatible games like improve
or not improve what is already available in other words should i upgrade?
ill appreciate an answer ty

supersonic88

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Super Paper Mario [PAL] (forced to NTSC on an NTSC Wii) -Worked perfect on wiigators loader with the cIOS_fix.wad, i played from chapter 1-1 to chapter 3-1 with no issues at all, didn't freeze up at all (there was a little sound lag when getting a pure heart, but thats not gonna affect gameplay at all..)

KaiUno

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I was amazed to see my DVD9 version of Super Smash Brothers: Brawl booting up after performing the cIOS_fix. It runs. Movies are craptasticly slow, but that's a given. After about 10 rounds the thing locked up though with a high pitched whine from the speakers. WiFi didn't seem to work, I received an error. And sometimes, the CPU players in event matches would get in on the round a little "late". But I have no experience with the regular copy, so I'm not sure if this is normal behaviour or not.

PAL Wii, Pal SSBM, Backup Loader by Gator through the Homebrew channel. Gold Disc channel doesn't seem to run the game for some reason.

Trolly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just confirming Resident Evil 4 PAL works fine on a PAL Wii, with ordinary RGB cables.

QUOTE said:
Gold Disc channel doesn't seem to run the game for some reason.
Yeah, I got the same with RE4. It doesn't include the fixed cIOS or some setting needed to make the games work.

However, this site claims to have a newer working version of the channel: [url=http://www.wehackwii.com/]http://www.wehackwii.com/[/url]

Brian117

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trolly said:
Just confirming Resident Evil 4 PAL works fine on a PAL Wii, with ordinary RGB cables.

QUOTE said:
Yeah, I got the same with RE4. It doesn't include the fixed cIOS or some setting needed to make the games work.

However, this site claims to have a newer working version of the channel: [url=http://www.wehackwii.com/]http://www.wehackwii.com/[/url]

Awesome, thanks for that news about the new channel!

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brian117 said:
Trolly said:

QUOTE said:

Awesome, thanks for that news about the new channel!

I have a newer working version of the backup channel in my zip file on my sig - it originated on here i believe

Sorox

Master Firo Soul
Trophies
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Hi. I was talking to my cousin last night and i gave him all the newest files for the B-launcher (patcher, game [De blob NTSC], newest channel [Tmas one] and the cios fix) but de blob isnt working when he loads it up.. He tried just launching the game and the words loading scroll down the screen rapidly. Does De blob work with the newest cios/aLauncher?

Trolly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
I have a newer working version of the backup channel in my zip file on my sig - it originated on here i believe
Is that the wings one? Because your guide stated both backup launcher channels do the same thing, yet the gold disc launcher doesn't work with the cIOS_fix.
Muchos kudos for that zip file anyway, it helped a lot.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Trolly said:
QUOTE said:
Is that the wings one? Because your guide stated both backup launcher channels do the same thing, yet the gold disc launcher doesn't work with the cIOS_fix.
Muchos kudos for that zip file anyway, it helped a lot.

No , its a new one again. I removed the wings and the gold disc one.

Ohh and the 2 old channel files did work with the cIOS-Fix, but you have to change the settings in the config from VI to GB Pad

alex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Omegax0 said:
samsam12 said:
Wii Music JPN- Works Perfectly on US System.

Also works perfectly on a PAL system with the cIOS fix. Without the fix it seems to freeze when you choose the custom song mode.
I haven't been on in a while... Could you link to this[cIOS fix]? I can't get that option to work.

LegendaryXM90

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, this is odd.

Tried Madden NFL 08 [PAL] on my NTSC Wii, normal cables, and NTSC normal TV.

I forced NTSC on it, and it loads in color to the Wii strap screen, but it's frozen right now, and the Wiimote won't connect back to the Wii.

This is strange. What went wrong?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/vKQN3UiNNHY?si=fP6ZlFe-DhQf9SW7