Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I already have OpenBor setup with a 16GB MicroSDHC w/Adapter so as soon as I get home it's just a matter of pointing the ini in the right direction and load this sucker up! :bow:

I always felt a bit odd about using "B" to select multiple icons in the source menu. Using the "+" button would seem more natural to me since we're combining source menu buttons, leaving "B" as a shortcut to exit the source menu. What do you guys think? I don't mind the way it is now, but since mamule brought the topic up, just felt like finding out what the consensus is on that.
I actually like this. + to select multiple sources and that leaves B to go back. Anyone strongly against this?

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually like this. + to select multiple sources and that leaves B to go back. Anyone strongly against this?
Then would we be using - to unselect them? I dunno, I'm kinda used to +/- to switch pages. Not to say it's a deal breaker, but that would make the source menu the only one that doesn't.(edit: forgot about selected game/categories)

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then would we be using - to unselect them? I dunno, I'm kinda used to +/- to switch pages. Not to say it's a deal breaker, but that would make the source menu the only one that doesn't.
- to deselect = no (at least right now). you know you can always use d-pad right and left to change pages.

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was adding this to my post as you guys responded.

Maybe if we could get rid of how the Dpad selects the plugins(pressing up/down to go from one to the other...Who does this? You'd still have to point to select the plugin, so point to begin with.) and use Dpad left/right switch pages. So then - would do nothing instead of go back a page? Also, how would this translate to gamecube and classic? Oh, since I brought it up, I tried to select a plugin using just the classic controller stick/b button combo, and it doesn't work, even though the pointer is on screen. Maybe this could be changed?

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
Was adding this to my post as you guys responded.

Maybe if we could get rid of how the Dpad selects the plugins(pressing up/down to go from one to the other...Who does this? You'd still have to point to select the plugin, so point to begin with.) and use Dpad left/right switch pages. So then - would do nothing instead of go back a page? Also, how would this translate to gamecube and classic?
Well the CC has the + button to combine and both the GC and CC remotes have shoulder buttons to change pages so that's no biggie. To combine source menu buttons on a GC pad however is different no "+" button. So what's left are the "Z,X,Y, and Start" buttons. What would be easiest and logical, "Start"? I like "Z" too, ideas anyone?

Tetsuo Shima

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I tried looking into this. it looks like hidden folders are the reason. The folder finder I used is a jar from psafix called JFolderchooser. I'm not too experienced to be able to change their code so what I could do is change it back to the JFilechoosers(1.0-1.5) because I'm able to enable or disable hidden folders being shown. Or maybe this one is working so that its in correct alphabetical order, then hidden folders will be enabled. Is this okay?
Ok for me. Thanks for the time :)

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a request for Wiimpathy

could you fix the wi2600 plugin so it's easier to exit and return to wiiflow. I don't like it when it goes to the big menu where you can select a folder or game and have keep pressing + till I get to exit.

Wiimpathy

Trophies
XP
Country
France
No, I don't take requests fledge68. No, I'm just joking. I agree with you, that'd be nicer to exit directly. It's because this is one of the plugin that hasn't be modified at all (it's the original dol). By the way, does it work from usb?

I have a few requests for you too. First, synopsis support for plugin. Maybe, it's not that easy cause that would require to rely on the roms crc and have one xml per system? Off course, we'd have to create those xml too (with help of existing databases?).
The 2d request is the ability to reach a specific category for a plugin. The last one would be banner support for plugin, not so important for me but others seem interested. That's all!

Reactions: Dump

Ayatus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
anyone know what elmstyle= and style= are for?
elmstyle changes the point of origin of an element.

For example:
Code:
[CONFIG/DOWNLOAD_BTN]
effect_scale_x=4
effect_scale_y=4
effect_x=-300
effect_y=0
height=48
width=230
x=390
y=130
This button is located a 20 pixels from the right edge of the theme.
x=640-20-230=390
Now, with elmstyle
Code:
[CONFIG/DOWNLOAD_BTN]
effect_scale_x=4
effect_scale_y=4
effect_x=-300
effect_y=0
elmstyle=R
height=48
width=230
x=20
y=130

In menu.cpp
Code:
if (btnPos & FTGX_JUSTIFY_RIGHT)
        x = m_vid.width() - x - width;
for x=20 => x=640-20-230=390
Wiiflow done the math for you.
But, yes but, oddly elmstyle acts also on effect_ (x, y) and effect_scale_ (x, y) which is not necessary.

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
elmstyle changes the point of origin of an element.

For example:
Code:
[CONFIG/DOWNLOAD_BTN]
effect_scale_x=4
effect_scale_y=4
effect_x=-300
effect_y=0
height=48
width=230
x=390
y=130
This button is located a 20 pixels from the right edge of the theme.
x=640-20-230=390
Now, with elmstyle
Code:
[CONFIG/DOWNLOAD_BTN]
effect_scale_x=4
effect_scale_y=4
effect_x=-300
effect_y=0
elmstyle=R
height=48
width=230
x=20
y=130

In menu.cpp
Code:
if (btnPos & FTGX_JUSTIFY_RIGHT)
        x = m_vid.width() - x - width;
for x=20 => x=640-20-230=390
Wiiflow done the math for you.
But, yes but, oddly elmstyle acts also on effect_ (x, y) and effect_scale_ (x, y) which is not necessary.
You are indeed a master of the Wiiflow theme ini, sir. Would you be so kind as to produce a Theme ini breakdown/diagram explaining in detail what each setting does and how they can be used to their fullest?

I think it would be a great help and provide inspiration for aspiring themers. I myself have made some interesting coverflows and used some effects on USERS for "animated" effects (see the not yet updated Droidflow by shortz1994). I'm sure there are many who could gain much from your wisdom. :bow:

Reactions: Dump

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, I don't take requests fledge68. No, I'm just joking. I agree with you, that'd be nicer to exit directly. It's because this is one of the plugin that hasn't be modified at all (it's the original dol). By the way, does it work from usb?

I have a few requests for you too. First, synopsis support for plugin. Maybe, it's not that easy cause that would require to rely on the roms crc and have one xml per system? Off course, we'd have to create those xml too (with help of existing databases?).
The 2d request is the ability to reach a specific category for a plugin. The last one would be banner support for plugin, not so important for me but others seem interested. That's all!
Thanks for taking a look at it. and yes it works from usb.

as for the synopsis - that seems impossible without some sort of database.
banner support - someone would have to create banners for all of them - Abz would be working over time :) then the user would have to rename them to match the name of the rom just like they do now for covers. basically it's a lot of extra work - maybe some day - but not on top of the to do list.
request #2 - did you know i added cat_page= to every source menu btn so when you use that source and then go to the categories menu it will go directly to that page?

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an idea for the plugins/source pages. Can we: Add to the plugin menu an "Add to Source" along with a "Clear" option?

What I envision this doing, is after clicking add to source, you select a plugin. Wiiflow then looks for the first open spot in the source menu, and adds that plugin to the source. If you clear them all, no source menu icons, and then when you add them, they appear in the order they are selected.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country

banner support - someone would have to create banners for all of them - Abz would be working over time :) then the user would have to rename them to match the name of the rom just like they do now for covers. basically it's a lot of extra work - maybe some day - but not on top of the to do list.
request #2 - did you know i added cat_page= to every source menu btn so when you use that source and then go to the categories menu it will go directly to that page?

It will be more practical to have 1 video per plugin. Like the animated sega logo for example and make wiiflow use them as banners on a magic number basis. Many videos are readily available. Having banners for all roms is insane :)

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It will be more practical to have 1 video per plugin. Like the animated sega logo for example and make wiiflow use them as banners on a magic number basis. Many videos are readily available. Having banners for all roms is insane :)
Trailers aren't an option? Or perhaps a sound byte from the title screens?

Wiimpathy

Trophies
XP
Country
France

There are databases available, hyperspin in .xml (but no synopsis) and GameEX if I remember correctly in .mdb (synopsis etc...).
Creating database for Wiiflow with this should be feasible.
I don't care much about banners in fact, except per plugin that may be nice.
Regarding the last request, it's not exactly what I meant. Sorry but I'll quote myself:
Would it be possible to have an option to go to a specific category when you choose a plugin in source menu? For example, if we want all mario games in existence from all machines, we could create a category "mario", combine the related plugins, and then have access to the games directly from source menu.

If none of this is possible, no problem. Maybe a bit upset though...

Reactions: spacepimp

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo