Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been using r756 for a bit and it was working nicely but just found that Kirby's Return to Dreamland and The Smurf's Dance Party which were working for a while aren't anymore. I will try and track down when it died.

KRTDL runs fine under IOS 250 in CFG but goes to a white screen after pressing 2 and The Smurf's Dance Party black screens.

Checked r740 and it dies there too.

Will try r759 and some older ones to see if I can pinpoint when it died.

If anyone else has those games working please let me know what version you are on.

Thanks!
i have both these games, an both run fine for me. i'm on r732..

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been using r756 for a bit and it was working nicely but just found that Kirby's Return to Dreamland and The Smurf's Dance Party which were working for a while aren't anymore. I will try and track down when it died.

KRTDL runs fine under IOS 250 in CFG but goes to a white screen after pressing 2 and The Smurf's Dance Party black screens.

If anyone else has those games working please let me know what version you are on.

Thanks!
Thanks, I will start recompiling from there and see when it broke.

Edit - I checked on r732 and it failed for me there too. Can you let me know your Default Video mode and the individual settings in the Kirby game (if different).

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Thanks!

Edit - I checked on r732 and it failed for me there too. Can you let me know your Default Video mode and the individual settings in the Kirby game (if different).
I had poke park 2 working fine and then the other day my son said it was freezing. and it was. did a chkdsk that found some problems but didn't say where. long story short i redumped the game and all is fine again. so what i'm saying is try redumping the game maybe the wbfs file got messed up some how.

Reactions: 1 person

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
whh7a9.jpg

jfzw41.jpg

It will take time to add everything :)
I'm also working on custom missing covers and carbonik abz theme.
A major update coming soon :)

Edit: I'll add the retroarch white alien to already existing icons like the last 2 icons shown above (what do you guys think ??)

Edit2: download above 12 pngs here: http://www.mediafire.com/?3v15mk9n7rnot1k

Reactions: 5 people

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FYI - if you're using wiiflow r744+ with the new plugin arguments setting. The arguments line for the original genplusgx emu 'arguments={device}:/{path}|{name}|{loader}' did not work for me. it took me to the emu's menu but didn't launch the game. The fix for me was to add a '/' after the path like this - arguments={device}:/{path}/|{name}|{loader}

I updated this on the wiiflowiki

Reactions: 3 people

thatfloorguy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone have any issues with Wiiware?(R735) Everything else runs fine for me but Wiiware does nothing, and I verified all other paths were correct. Used Showmiiwads to add them and when changing the view to Showmiinand everything is there. Wii saves load fine from emunand also.

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone have any issues with Wiiware?(R735) Everything else runs fine for me but Wiiware does nothing, and I verified all other paths were correct. Used Showmiiwads to add them and when changing the view to Showmiinand everything is there. Wii saves load fine from emunand also.
Those path args are for emulators only not for Emu-NAND. If you're WW isn't showing up adjust the path= under [NAND] in your wiiflow.ini to "path=yourpath2nand/" w/o quotations

To see your E-NAND channels, hit "B" on mode icon.

thatfloorguy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for the quick response,

path=wiiflow/nandemu/ *hitting "B" on any icon loads my wii games "A" on anything(including Nand channels) but WW loads the corresponding plugin. "A" on WW icon does nothing. Extracting Full Nand or Saves only works fine, and saves boot fine from E-Nand. I have been trying to pinpoint this for quite some time.

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Thanks!

I had poke park 2 working fine and then the other day my son said it was freezing. and it was. did a chkdsk that found some problems but didn't say where. long story short i redumped the game and all is fine again. so what i'm saying is try redumping the game maybe the wbfs file got messed up some how.
I think it is something in my settings since KRTDL and The Smurf's Dance Party were the ones that were failing on me in the past and both are doing it again - but only in WiiFlow... they work fine in CFG.

MassiveRican

Trophies
XP
Country

path=wiiflow/nandemu/ *hitting "B" on any icon loads my wii games "A" on anything(including Nand channels) but WW loads the corresponding plugin. "A" on WW icon does nothing. Extracting Full Nand or Saves only works fine, and saves boot fine from E-Nand. I have been trying to pinpoint this for quite some time.
Ok let's try to eliminate some variables to eliminate confusion. So that I understand, you extracted your NAND w/WiiFlow then added channels through ShowMiiWADS correct?
  1. Under NAND view have you done a manual reload cache? Make sure you do that first. Then hit "B" on Mode Icon, there shouldn't be a WiiWare icon "per say" just a switch view icon or mode icon on your lower right hand of the screen. Then try to reload cache again, You might be seeing your E-NAND but it would look exactly like your regular NAND channels because the cache hasn't been reloaded, especially if you ripped your NAND with WF.
  2. In NAND (Channels view) you can go to global settings click on SET button for NAND option and make sure it doesn't say "off" but rather "partial" or "full"
  3. Have you deleted your wiiflow.ini and let your current rev create a fresh one? After first boot edit your NAND path with WiiXplorer or whatever you like.
  4. Out of curiosity are you using the source menu because it sounds like you might be the way you describe the icons lol.
Get back to me after you tried a couple of these things to see if it helps. I'm currently using r743, going to try a clean install test run with r759 shortly.

Edit: Also you might want to update to r743, you can grab it for AbdallahTerro's WF ultimate pack in his sig, it was very stable with e-NAND stuff ;)

thatfloorguy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Ok let's try to eliminate some variables to eliminate confusion. So that I understand, you extracted your NAND w/WiiFlow then added channels through ShowMiiWADS correct?
  1. Under NAND view have you done a manual reload cache? Make sure you do that first. Then hit "B" on Mode Icon, there shouldn't be a WiiWare icon "per say" just a switch view icon or mode icon on your lower right hand of the screen. Then try to reload cache again, You might be seeing your E-NAND but it would look exactly like your regular NAND channels because the cache hasn't been reloaded, especially if you ripped your NAND with WF.
  2. In NAND (Channels view) you can go to global settings click on SET button for NAND option and make sure it doesn't say "off" but rather "partial" or "full"
  3. Have you deleted your wiiflow.ini and let your current rev create a fresh one? After first boot edit your NAND path with WiiXplorer or whatever you like.
  4. Out of curiosity are you using the source menu because it sounds like you might be the way you describe the icons lol.
Get back to me after you tried a couple of these things to see if it helps. I'm currently using r743, going to try a clean install test run with r759 shortly.

Edit: Also you might want to update to r743, you can grab it for AbdallahTerro's WF ultimate pack in his sig, it was very stable with e-NAND stuff ;)
Yes I was using Source-Menu. :) They do show when pressing B in NAND view. I tried booting one (MK64) and it didn't boot. I waited a cpl mins, It wasn't froze, still flashing the wii splash screen and LED was flashing. DL'g the covers now. I'll update to 743 afterwards and try again. Thank You..
I was under the impression the WW icon from source-menu accessed them?

MassiveRican

Trophies
XP
Country

Yes I was using Source-Menu. :) They do show when pressing B in NAND view. I tried booting one (MK64) and it didn't boot. I waited a cpl mins, It wasn't froze, still flashing the wii splash screen and LED was flashing. DL'g the covers now. I'll update to 743 afterwards and try again. Thank You..
I was under the impression the WW icon from source-menu accessed them?
It does, you probably just need to make an adjustment in your source_menu.ini and it will work right. Have you taken a look at this wiki? That page is specifically for the source menu setup but this wiki has tons of good info.

Edit: Also most N64 games don't play well with d2x cIOS so you'll want to use the launch with neek2o option. Again you can grab Abz ultimate WF pack in his sig and it will have everything you need to set it up properly.

thatfloorguy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes I have read that wiki page thanks. I went ahead and downloaded the advanced SM pack to swap the .inis (edited path to match mine). I am going to update wiiflow regardless and let it create a new .ini also if the SM .ini doesn't do the trick. I am using a WF generated NAND, tried bootmii and generated one with modmii but had bigger issues with each of those.

Thanks again for the help. (covers are still DL'g)

MassiveRican

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes I have read that wiki page thanks. I went ahead and downloaded the advanced SM pack to swap the .inis (edited path to match mine). I am going to update wiiflow regardless and let it create a new .ini also if the SM .ini doesn't do the trick. I am using a WF generated NAND, tried bootmii and generated one with modmii but had bigger issues with each of those.

Thanks again for the help. (covers are still DL'g)
awesome, hope all goes well.

General question for dev team(or anyone else that knows), does custom_titles.ini work for emu's as well? I'm using retroarch with NEO-GEO core plugin and the romset has to have specific(cryptic) names. I'd like to see if I can change the titles since I can't always remember that kabukikl.zip is actually Far East of Eden and so on lol.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Anyone played that game?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Only one I played was the DBZ trading card game game on the GBA
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sparking zero is looking pretty good but not $70 good
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    okay
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    isn't sparking zero supposed to be accurate to their canon power too?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    meaning unlike dbfz a weaker character like nappa wouldn't stand a chance against someone stronger like broly
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    aaalllright then, i guess i should hit the hay
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    People are complaining about flying in it I'm like wut that's half of what it is
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Surprise surprise, @HiradeGirl is back today
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Alright @SylverReZ you win, lets go double or nothing.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    good morning
    +2
  • O @ Olqase93:
    Hi, I need help whit my r4 r4itt new please
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    🛌 Shhhhhhh
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    homebrew your DSi and forgo the flashcard with NDS bootstrap or something along those lines
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    it allows utilisation of the SD card for ROM storage
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Get a 3DS and do the same 🥰
    Nah. Just get a 3rd [3000 series] gen PSP.
    +2
    I like PSP on my Pi lol
    Gameboy Advanced SP emulator or GASP for short lol
    +1
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Finally got an appointment with an ENT, but it's not for another month. It's already been 4- days of loud ringing in my left ear, substantial pain on left side of my neck and left side on the back of my head. Doctors here at the regular clinic put me on a couple different meds for a month that did absolutely nothing, then they told me there's nothing more they can do for me despite being in pain and my ear sounding like im underwater and ringing.
    Then three chiropractor appointments which also didn't help at all so i didn't go to the 4th. Been trying to get ahold of this ENT clinic out of town for a week and finally got an appointment set up. But its not til the 17th of July so I have to suffer all this shit for nearly another month.
    I hope relief from all of this is on the way because I've felt so defeated and severaly lacking in sleep because of the pain and ringing.
    :sad::sad::sad: for RCS
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :sad::sad::sad: for RCS