Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Excite Truck / Wiiplay can not start with wiiflow v4.0.2 (There were no problems with wiiflow v4.0.1)
Negative here, works fine with default settings
A little bug with the 4.0.2 release : the "exit to" button in the home menu doesn't bring up the "exit to" menu. It just exits straight to the system menu. I noticed this because I was in WiiFlow in Neek2o mode wanted to get out to the real NAND system menu but it doesn't even give me that option.
I have confirmed this as well. Thanks for your great work FIX94!
Also Negative - check your exit to option

@Fix94
I can't launch games with Hermes in 4.0.2 tried 5 games with 222/223 got only black screen!

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Excite Truck / Wiiplay can not start with wiiflow v4.0.2 (There were no problems with wiiflow v4.0.1)
Works just fine here, I remember Excite Truck made problems when using NAND emulation via SD Card, also it doesnt run from SD Card, but from USB it works fine here. Wii Play works just fine as well here.
@[member='Abz']:
I tested both Excite Truck and Wii Play with both d2x v8 final and hermes cIOS v5.1 rodries mod, the games ran fine all times.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
thanks fix, I'll try with clean install and report back.
meanwhile:

more frames for themes: (you might need to adjust x,y,hight and width in user5 section)
30hyhzb.png

2zh4c20.png

28k50du.png

2ivz714.png

Reactions: 3 people

Reckless

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Having problems with the plugins here -.-

I am running WiiFlow 4.0.2-r432 on my 4.3 PAL wii. The WiiFlow about screen shows: IOS58 v6176.

My Isos are on a NTFS formatted HDD which is attached to USB1 and they are recognized fine.
I run wiiflow from sd-card and the Plugins are located at sd:/wiiflow/plugins which means that the inis and dols of the official WiiFlow_Plugins_Pack_v5.7z are located in this folder.

WiiFlows cant recognize the plugins and shows:

"Welcome to WiiFlow. I have not found any plugins. Select partition to select your partition type"

In settings I selected: Game Partition: SD and I checked all Plugins.

Any clues?
make sure that in your sd:/apps/wiiflow folder in the wiiflow.ini file under the [GENERAL] section where it defines where the plugins folder is, it's actually set to sd:/wiiflow/plugins and not somewhere else. If it's not, go ahead and change it to the SD card like it should be.

Thanks for the advice ;) My problem was (I think) that I had no content for any plugin e.g. no roms and no covers in the specified folders... I thought that something would turn up in wiiflow even without content.

Now I have my boxcovers, covers and roms in the right folders.

covers are in:

Code:
sd:/wiiflow/boxcovers/nes

sd:wiiflow/covers/nes

and my roms are in:

usb1:/roms/nes

roms and covers have the same name.

My ini file for the plugin looks like that:

Code:
coverFolder=nes
fileTypes=.nes
romDir=roms/nes

I have 2 Problems here: The games shows up but wiiflow cant find the coresponding covers! When I want to start a game I see the wiiflow animation and then I get bounced back into wiiflow.
Is it due to the fact, that my files are distributed on hdd and sd? should they be on one media and how do I change the inis then?

FryGuy71

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A little bug with the 4.0.2 release : the "exit to" button in the home menu doesn't bring up the "exit to" menu. It just exits straight to the system menu. I noticed this because I was in WiiFlow in Neek2o mode wanted to get out to the real NAND system menu but it doesn't even give me that option.

Yep, you're right. My options are selected to exit to sys menu. Thanks for clearing that up for us.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Yep, you're right. My options are selected to exit to sys menu. Thanks for clearing that up for us.
Shouldn't that setting only apply to when we actually press the home button on the Wiimote and not to when we click the "exit to" button in the home menu, though?

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've actually fallen behind on the themes. When can we look forward to ALL of the themes being updated by someone? If there is someone who has updated alot of themes personally, can they share them in some way please?
Have you seen this?

https://sites.google...flowiki4/themes
So should I assume that all themes on the wiki will work with the latest wiiflow, or will I need to update them?
Also, I don't use the system menu much now, and it's a shame to throw away some great themes. Is there a way to extract the images from them so I can turn them into wiiflow themes?

mastershoes

GameTDB Mod & Retro Cover Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've actually fallen behind on the themes. When can we look forward to ALL of the themes being updated by someone? If there is someone who has updated alot of themes personally, can they share them in some way please?
Have you seen this?

https://sites.google...flowiki4/themes
So should I assume that all themes on the wiki will work with the latest wiiflow, or will I need to update them?
Also, I don't use the system menu much now, and it's a shame to throw away some great themes. Is there a way to extract the images from them so I can turn them into wiiflow themes?

Easy as can be to extract the images. Just rename the extension .mym CSM to .rar, and extract..

Edit: My bad, the .csm, not the .mym

cheifizzle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
brand new to the forum, but i have a problem (ps: wiiflow is amazing)

just got soft mod set up yesterday, gc games work fine, havent tested wii games yet except for zelda: skyward sword. it comes up fine in wiiflow, and everything looks as legit as the gc section.
problem is i get a black screen when i try to play it (updated d2x cIOS and everything (found on a youtube video to show it works))
most common occurrance i see is that it's a player.dol file alt. that i need to use in order to view the motion plus video, however there is no option in the settings (from what i can see it's 4 pages of individual game settings) to change the .dol

currently updated to the 4.0.2 version, any help would be great!

actually, just tried to play mario party 9 off of it and got the same problem, which leads me to believe it's not a motion plus thing, still any help would be greatly appreciated

chexmix222

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

What should I change it too? my exit to only shows default, HBC, Priiloader, Bootmii, disable how can I exit my emus to go "back to wiiflow" right now it just reboots?!?!

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
actually, just tried to play mario party 9 off of it and got the same problem, which leads me to believe it's not a motion plus thing, still any help would be greatly appreciated
Make a clean installation, that means delete apps/wiiflow folder and the wiiflow folder on your device root, check all your devices and partitions for it and delete it, Then make sure you have the correct cIOS installed, the tutorial you watched was some bullshit, no need for some alternative dol anymore, that was long time ago. Grab d2x v8 final and install 249 base 56 and 250 base 57. Then post a syscheck here so we can check your cIOS setup.

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was flipping through some coverflows, when I realized that the current way we have coverflows set up is...well, a little bit messy. Sure, we can have our plugins default to a particular flow for each theme, but what if we want more than one? Once made, we have to cycle through the wrong ones to get back to the right ones. I think it would be a good idea if we could instead only allow each plugin to cycle through the coverflows that are designed for that particular plugin.

There are a few ways I can think to accomplish this. The simplest way I think would be to only allow the plugins to switch between flows defined in the plugin ini. So Carbonik1, Carbonik4, and Carbonik6 would be the only ones you can pick from for Nes, genesis, and what have you.

Another way would be to create 3 subsets of coverflows, one for each of the dimension differences, in the theme ini.Gameboy/advance/color, virtual boy, and gamegear would have emuflow1 in the plugin ini, with emuflow1 referring to [emuflow1] in the theme ini. It'd be like another mode without actually being a mode. Sounds complicated, not sure if it's feasible.

The other way would be to give each plugin it's own view mode, which is kinda like the previous idea.

Hopfully others have thought about this, and it won't be a big deal to figure out. Cheers. :)

Reactions: 2 people

ConJ

The Toker
Trophies
Website
xat.com
XP
Country
Hey guys, can anybody help me please?

I just got nand emulation working, saves, wiiware, etc. But I have one problem.

First time I booted up the emunand I could see the 3 wiiware games that I had added. But now when I add more wads, they don't show up in Wiiflow. Any ideas? I'm using 4.0.2-r432

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :O:ohnoes::lol::rofl::rofl2: