Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
A little bug with the 4.0.2 release : the "exit to" button in the home menu doesn't bring up the "exit to" menu. It just exits straight to the system menu. I noticed this because I was in WiiFlow in Neek2o mode wanted to get out to the real NAND system menu but it doesn't even give me that option.

Just a side note to anyone who's wondering : I used to have the /apps/wiiflow folder on USB2. The forwarder channel works fine with that setup from real NAND but from Neek2o i doesn't. I moved the folder to the SD card and it worked fine (That's how I came across the above bug, now that my forwarder works in Neek2o I can get into Neek2o mode and have a motivation to get directly out to real NAND.) I'll be using the nswitch channel for that for now if I remember.

chexmix222

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

DaveZ_227451

≡≡ Big Kid ≡≡
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey lads I have a question, which is probably gonna make me look like an idiot, but thats how us old guys learn. LOL
So here goes. My set up is a standard setup, without using any emu nand, or neek mumbo jumbo stuff yet. So it is
running off of a 32 gb sdhc card for the most part, holding all my old console sets, and I have a 3 tb usb drive used to
hold the ntsc Wii disk set. Now my question is this. With a collection as large as mine, which has boxcovers for everything
I add to my setup, the "CACHE" folder begins to get extremely huge. But is it realy needed, since all it is is basically a copy
of what already exists? LOL I dunno if this is what I mean to say cause me brain isn't spitting out what I am thinking tonight.
But if you understand what the devil I'm asking and know the answer I would like to be enlightened.

As always, great job guys.

CHEERS

Reactions: 1 person

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
I've updated the Mega Pack in my sig now it has source menu and carbonik theme too:

Full info:

WiiFLow 4.0.2 + uNeek2o 93b6 + neek extras + WF/Neek Channels + Source Menu + Carbonik Abz Theme

"apps" folder: WiiFlow 4.0.2 Final rev 432 (copy this folder to SD or USB root)

"sneek" folder: uNek2o rev 93 beta 6 (copy this folder to USB root)
di.bin = di module
diosmios.bin = diosmios app file for sneek to be used from the di menu (Games on USB)
diosmios-lite.bin = diosmios lite app file for sneek to be used from the di menu, rename to "diosmios.bin" (Games on SD)
font.bin = font module for the di menu
kernel.bin = uNeek 93b6 core
quadforce.bin = Triiforce - Mario Kart GP 1 & 2 app file for di menu (Games on SD)
titlecfg.bin = custom titles file for di menu

"wad" folder: Channels for WiiFlow and Neek2o (install with a wad manager from SD or USB)
WiiFlow Channel - Clouds v14b - DWFA.wad = v14b forwarder channel for WiiFlow (install on real and emunands)
WiiFlowLoaderChannel - WIIH.wad = Hidden Channel for WiiFLow, needed to exit back to WiiFlow (install on real and emunands)
Neek2o_NK2O_1.wad = uNeek2o nswitch Channel (install on real nand)
Back 2 Real-Nand - NK2O.wad = Neek2o nswitch Channel (install on emunands)

"WiiFlow" folder: (copy this folder to SD or USB root)
\"themes" folder contains "Carbonik Abz" theme with fixed buttons and framed tiny banner
\"source_menu" folder contains icons for the source menu (I only included parent icon support in source_menu.ini but all icons for sub-systems are included if needed)

And ofc you need the official plugins found here on googlecode official page: WiiFlow_Plugins_Pack_v5.7z

Screenshots:
Source menu Icons
n686d5.jpg
Carbonik Abz Framed Icon:
30jtrop.jpg

Reactions: 4 people

luck_gh0st

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey lads I have a question, which is probably gonna make me look like an idiot, but thats how us old guys learn. LOL
So here goes. My set up is a standard setup, without using any emu nand, or neek mumbo jumbo stuff yet. So it is
running off of a 32 gb sdhc card for the most part, holding all my old console sets, and I have a 3 tb usb drive used to
hold the ntsc Wii disk set. Now my question is this. With a collection as large as mine, which has boxcovers for everything
I add to my setup, the "CACHE" folder begins to get extremely huge. But is it realy needed, since all it is is basically a copy
of what already exists? LOL I dunno if this is what I mean to say cause me brain isn't spitting out what I am thinking tonight.
But if you understand what the devil I'm asking and know the answer I would like to be enlightened.

CHEERS
Well if you don't copy the cache folder over then it will rebuild the files anyway, which can take a few minutes.
I usually copy them over. Also if you are moving the covers and cache to the USB drive, make sure to update your wiiflow.ini to show where they are.
Or you could just delete the wiiflow.ini and it will build a new one on first boot but you may have to set things up again in the settings..

Also., if you don't mind, what model of 3 TB drive are you using. I ask because I have a 1 TB and it doesn't really have enough room left for my entire movie collection.
It's another toy that I don't really need but if I can get one that works with wiiflow at a good price, then I can talk myself into it..

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country

CHEERS
The answer is YES u need to keep the cache files and folders. Once the cache files are built u can actually do away with the PNG files in boxcovers if u need to save the space. However the downside is if your Cache needs to be rebuilt you'll have to re-d/load all the covers again 0_o

So my suggestion is to compress the PNG's, I believe there's an option in wiiflow.ini under [GENERAL] that will do it for you.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country

CHEERS
The answer is YES u need to keep the cache files and folders. Once the cache files are built u can actually do away with the PNG files in boxcovers if u need to save the space. However the downside is if your Cache needs to be rebuilt you'll have to re-d/load all the covers again 0_o

So my suggestion is to compress the PNG's, I believe there's an option in wiiflow.ini under [GENERAL] that will do it for you.
I never had to delete the cached files, only the lists folder

chexmix222

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So y'all saying it's as simple as adding emuflow=to whatever number the coverflow I want in source_menu.ini?
Yes.

awesome, also I have about 300 nes games and I found it to be sluggish scrolling thro games I set it to 7 columns, 1 row and set the cover buffer to 120 could I go any higher with the buffer?

Reckless

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Having problems with the plugins here -.-

I am running WiiFlow 4.0.2-r432 on my 4.3 PAL wii. The WiiFlow about screen shows: IOS58 v6176.

My Isos are on a NTFS formatted HDD which is attached to USB1 and they are recognized fine.
I run wiiflow from sd-card and the Plugins are located at sd:/wiiflow/plugins which means that the inis and dols of the official WiiFlow_Plugins_Pack_v5.7z are located in this folder.

WiiFlows cant recognize the plugins and shows:

"Welcome to WiiFlow. I have not found any plugins. Select partition to select your partition type"

In settings I selected: Game Partition: SD and I checked all Plugins.

Any clues?

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Having problems with the plugins here -.-

I am running WiiFlow 4.0.2-r432 on my 4.3 PAL wii. The WiiFlow about screen shows: IOS58 v6176.

My Isos are on a NTFS formatted HDD which is attached to USB1 and they are recognized fine.
I run wiiflow from sd-card and the Plugins are located at sd:/wiiflow/plugins which means that the inis and dols of the official WiiFlow_Plugins_Pack_v5.7z are located in this folder.

WiiFlows cant recognize the plugins and shows:

"Welcome to WiiFlow. I have not found any plugins. Select partition to select your partition type"

In settings I selected: Game Partition: SD and I checked all Plugins.

Any clues?
make sure that in your sd:/apps/wiiflow folder in the wiiflow.ini file under the [GENERAL] section where it defines where the plugins folder is, it's actually set to sd:/wiiflow/plugins and not somewhere else. If it's not, go ahead and change it to the SD card like it should be.

Reactions: 1 person

sdoc96

Creaky Old Stiff Member
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I also tried the two COD (BO/MW3) again but the same issues with Auto cIOS, but when I changed them manually to use 250 they are now working?!?
Weird as they wouldn't work at all with any cIOS (245-251 v8 or v9bfix, or the 222-224), but now if I set them to 250 it's all good and got online with both.
r735 seems to have fixed this for me now and auto cIOS is working fine with BO/MW3, on default settings.
You're a wizard, Fix.

Shag

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't had a wiiflow dol file work with my mplayer ce plugin since r663. I almost gave up trying to get it to work. I have compiled r735 and mplayer ce plugin now loads my movie covers without a code dump. Maybe the changes in 734 saving mem1 space. thanks for the hard work fix94 and wiiflow team.

DaveZ_227451

≡≡ Big Kid ≡≡
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

CHEERS
Well if you don't copy the cache folder over then it will rebuild the files anyway, which can take a few minutes.
I usually copy them over. Also if you are moving the covers and cache to the USB drive, make sure to update your wiiflow.ini to show where they are.
Or you could just delete the wiiflow.ini and it will build a new one on first boot but you may have to set things up again in the settings..

Also., if you don't mind, what model of 3 TB drive are you using. I ask because I have a 1 TB and it doesn't really have enough room left for my entire movie collection.
It's another toy that I don't really need but if I can get one that works with wiiflow at a good price, then I can talk myself into it..
Its a Seagate 3TB Desktop Expansion. I Had problems making it work as a dual partition, so I gave up and it is formated as 1 ntfs. For now what
I use it for it is great, but if you are using emunand and GC softs, I cannot recommend it as I have had nothing but problems when I try formatting
it to a fat32/ntfs.

CHEERS

luck_gh0st

Trophies
XP
Country

CHEERS

Its a Seagate 3TB Desktop Expansion. I Had problems making it work as a dual partition, so I gave up and it is formated as 1 ntfs. For now what
I use it for it is great, but if you are using emunand and GC softs, I cannot recommend it as I have had nothing but problems when I try formatting
it to a fat32/ntfs.

CHEERS
Cool thanks! I started off with a 500GB WD passport but it was getting full so I broke out my monster 1TB WD MyBook and it works great and has it's own power source (unlike the passport) Anyone else on here using a fully working 3TB drive?

FryGuy71

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just updated to 4.0.2 and am happy with the faster loading times. One thing I would like to change though is the music filenames that appear at the top each time a new music track is started. Is there something in the ini that will remove this feature/annoyance?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :O:ohnoes::lol::rofl::rofl2: